It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran agents run sectarian war in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
30 Agents working for Iran’s MOIS were caught May 5th and admitted working for Iran to help destabilize Iraq.

The article is short, so I posted the whole thing:

“Baghdad, May 05 – Some 30 individuals arrested in the Iraqi province of Diyala have admitted to acting on the orders of Iran’s notorious Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) to spur sectarian violence to destabilize the region, according to a senior Iraqi police official.

Colonel Ali Esmaeil, the head of the investigative unit of Diyala police force, made the comments, while adding that the 30 individuals were from the town of Baladruz, the Iraqi weekly Al’Ittijahol-Akhar reported.

Esmaeil announced that the individuals admitted after police interrogation that they were working for the Iranian regime’s MOIS by sparking religious and sectarian friction so as to undermine security in the region.

“According to admissions by police personnel, those arrested were former Prisoners of War in Iran, and the Iranian regime requested them to start sectarian fighting and attempt to kill a number of Iraqi social personalities, as planned by the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence”, the weekly wrote.

In April, more than 30 armed agents dispatched from Iran were arrested in the eastern Iraqi province of Diyala, according to sources close to the Iranian opposition People’s Mojahedin.

The sources said that the 30 agents were mercenaries of the elite Qods (Jerusalem) Force branch of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps.

“In one incident six individuals, of which five were Iranian and the other was an Iraqi, were apprehended by the Iraqi National Guard at a checkpoint near Maqdadiya in Iraq’s Diyala province. Those arrested were carrying light arms and RPG rockets, which they intended to use in operations in Diyala”, the opposition source revealed”

Source

I have long suspected that there are foreign forces behind a lot of Iraq’s unrest. The Iraqis were ecstatic after Saddam fell. But after ongoing terrorism sponsored by nations like Iran the people of Iraq are suffering, the coalition cant do the rebuilding that they really want to do and it’s a big mess. The Iranian sponsored terror in Iraq has been successful at destroying the confidence of the Iraqis and causing general unrest. Its too bad foreign nations had to get involved to try to advance their agendas of hatred, The coalition could have done wonderful thing restoring dignity and freedom to the Iraqi people.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Whats with you skippy? Is it Iran-Bashing-Week or what?

Whats next week on? North Korea? Or Syria?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Souljah, with you it's America-bashing week every week of the year... :shk:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Tell me about it.

Skippy, I dub the King of the Trolls. Jesus, give it a rest already!!!!

Peace

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There will always be forign involvement in wars close by.
Every major country has done it.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Whats next week on? North Korea? Or Syria?

North Korea is overstated. They like to toot thier horns so to speak. I feel that if they are left alone (moslty left alone) they are harmless (for now). How many North Koreans have blown themsleves up attempting to kill civilians? None.

Syria is nothing. The can barely maintain themsleves let alone pose any more of a threat other than sponsoring some MINOR terrorism. Syria will get thiers in time.

Right now Iran is the next Natzi germany bent on taking over the world. This time the weapon of choice is conventional and nuclear terrorism with a "mandate" from Allah.

Iran must be a focus here and on all media sources. They pose the biggest threat to the entire planet.

As long as Iran makes the news with thier extremism I will be happy to report it here with all the other threads people like you post every day.

EDIT: Almsot forgot: If I TRIPLED the quantity of Iran posts I made I would only scratch the surface of the USA bashing threads.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow those are some great sources.
Former POWs and a terrorist orginization opposed to the Iranian regime.

Exactly how many of the insurgents captured so far are Iranian?
Not many if I recall correctly.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Wow those are some great sources.
Former POWs and a terrorist orginaization opposed to the Iranian regime.

Exactly how many of the insurgents captured so far are Iranian?
Not many if I recall correctly.

No less credible than any other source on these boards. And who cares where they came from? They were working for a foreign nation. Great justification Ace, your logic gets innocent Iraqis and Americans killed.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So that you will know.

Your recent posts about Iran:

- Iran agents run sectarian war in Iraq

- Official US report on Iran’s state sponsorship of terror

- Israel expects full-scale Iranian attack in 2006

- The Hand of the Mullahs – State Sponsors of Terror

- Iran – Nation of evil out for Islamic world domination…

Thats just in a Week man. Nice w0rk.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So that you will know.

[etc...]

Wow, looks like Skippy's following what's going on in Iran.

But wait, even if you have the information, Skippy, you can't talk about it because it's not about America screwing up. People here seem to prefer to be blind to the dubious actions of countries which are enemies of America and just focus on how horrible America. Though there's a lot of news coming out of Iran, you can't talk about it. If you do, why, that must mean you're a racist! :shk:

Deny ignorance, but only when it's ignorance about America. Accept and encourage ignorance when it comes to terrorist sponsoring nations -- they're the good guys, remember?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
EDIT: Almsot forgot: If I TRIPLED the quantity of Iran posts I made I would only scratch the surface of the USA bashing threads.

Why don't you bash Saudi Arabia for a while?
The Israeli site below has a list of some of the foreign fighters killed in Iraq and the vast majority are Saudi, not Iranian.

haganah.org.il...

Do some research on Saudi support for terrorism.
It's probably more extensive than Iranian support.

There was one big incident about four years ago that should have alerted everyone to the threat that Saud Arabia posed but everyone seems to be focusing on Iraq, Iran and Syria.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Why is there such resistance to articles which paint Iran in a bad light? I am 100% sure that all of y'all wouldn't be saying a thing if all of Skippy's posts were about how great the Iranian government is, how liberal they are in distributing rights to their citizens, how much the US oppresses the poor, innocent people of Iran, etc.

I guess I just don't understand this mentality which causes people to hate the country they're from to the point where they get really upset if someone says something bad about an enemy of their nation. I hope I never do.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Since you brought up the subject (a 'clever' ploy used to try and divert people from an argument which you are losing), why don't you bash Saudi Arabia? I might even lend a hand if you seem really sincere about it. But I think you won't since bashing Saudi Arabia would put your buddies Siroos and Souljah in a difficult position - if they agree with you they also have to bash fellow terrorist sponsoring muslims. What to do, what to do?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
The coalition could have done wonderful thing restoring dignity and freedom to the Iraqi people.

Don't let the skippy bashing get you down, man. I enjoy reading your posts. They are informative. I appreciate alternative views. These threads are fine until the Marxists enter and start with their 'proletariat and bourgeoisie' diatribes and "You are wrong!" rhetoric. They pretend to live in a vacuum.

This is a discussion board and people should discuss topics and not take them so personally.

Keep them coming, Skippy!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

So that you will know.

- Official US report on Iran’s state sponsorship of terror

- Israel expects full-scale Iranian attack in 2006

- The Hand of the Mullahs – State Sponsors of Terror

- Iran – Nation of evil out for Islamic world domination…

Thank you Soul, maybe someday I will be able to post as many anti Iran posts as you do ani USA posts! Any tips you can give me on acheaving my goal are appreciated. Maybe Siroos and East coast kid could help me as well.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjcEDIT: Almsot forgot: If I TRIPLED the quantity of Iran posts I made I would only scratch the surface of the USA bashing threads.

Ironic that most Americans here claim to love their country and yet......

Originally posted by junglejakeI guess I just don't understand this mentality which causes people to hate the country they're from to the point where they get really upset if someone says something bad about an enemy of their nation.

It is a common theme in ATS.

Originally posted by centurion1211. But I think you won't since bashing Saudi Arabia would put your buddies Siroos and Souljah in a difficult position - if they agree with you they also have to bash fellow terrorist sponsoring muslims. What to do, what to do?

Oh man that was choice! You have voted centurion1211 for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Originally posted by xman_in_blackxDon't let the skippy bashing get you down, man. I enjoy reading your posts. They are informative. I appreciate alternative views. These threads are fine until the Marxists enter and start with their 'proletariat and bourgeoisie' diatribes and "You are wrong!" rhetoric. They pretend to live in a vacuum.

Thats a pretty damn good description of these Tulipwalkers.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

But I think you won't since bashing Saudi Arabia would put your buddies Siroos and Souljah in a difficult position - if they agree with you they also have to bash fellow terrorist sponsoring muslims.

Yeah sure, because there is so much love between the Saudi Arabians and Iranians.

Do you know anything about the middle east at all?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Has anyone read George Orwell's 1984? Isn't it a bit worrying that there are some similarities between that book and what is going on at the moment? Of course I'm not saying this propaganda against Iran, and others is definitely made up, and I'm sure many here would accuse Iran of indoctrinating its people. However, how can people genuinely get worked up about this evidence when it could all be made up, or at least exaggerated, and for understandable reason, PNAC?

And i don't think it such an outrage that Iran is trying to stir up trouble in Iraq, not that its right. Its more of an outrage that Iraq was invaded for the wrong reasons.

And why is there so much complaining about America bashing? theres just as much of that as there is dirty Arab bashing (yes i'll include Persians in that, they're all the same to some people)

Iran is the next Nazi Germany bent on taking over the world? wasn't there similar claims about the Soviet Union? Besides, it kind of looks like America is guilty of that at the moment, what with having invaded 2 countries recently. Oh no its ok, because they were spreading democracy, couldn't leave it to them themselves of course, how would Americans have liked it if they were bombed when they didn't give blacks the vote?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Actually I do think the Iranian government is involved in Iraq, but also in a slightly other way, I personally believe they are deliberately holding back a full blown sji'ite uprise, like some trumpcard they can pull out their sleeve if america or israel makes serious work to end their nuclear program, its a silent threat they don't talk about, but surely Washington must be aware of this possibillity and Teheran knows Washington knows this....

Actually, the physical american presence in iraqi somewhat frustrating the decision of bombings of iranian facillities for the possible backlash, they should have gone after the possible iranian WMD when saddam was still in place , now time is close to running out ?

Maybe we will see the bombing of iranian facillities, but one would expect that the american army in iraq receives special instructions to brace themselves against possible hell break loose, either iraqi sji'ite insurgency or even official iranian troops getting into iraq...

Those are the signs to look for, other signs are israelis citizens massively stocking up on gasmasks again

Anybody else know the classic signs, like the stockmarket, selling dollars and buying gold 24 hours before the event ?

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Silenus]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There are foreign fighters in Iraq, that's pretty given. However, most of the resistance is probably former army, rep. guard, baathists/sunni extremists. They were ready for this guerilla war, they wanted it because it gives them the advantage.

Remember 1991? They tried to fight a stand up, open field tank war, and what happened? They learned from their mistake, and disbanded most of the army in the weeks before the war. They went back to their homes..and started building bombs, packing shells, and polishing scopes. There are probably some other elements from the city, criminals and psychos and non-affiliated sympathizers/rogue combatants, but those are probably exceedingly rare.

A lot of civilians must be helping them, to achieve the logistical support necessary to carry out so many attacks a day. Garages, basements, sheds, vans, donated by civilians, used to store weapons and prep attacks. A few hundred or even a few thousand men with no support simply couldn't carry on as the resistance has so far. Remember France.

Centurion

if they agree with you they also have to bash fellow terrorist sponsoring muslims. What to do, what to do?

Did you just call two members of this board terrorist sponsoring muslims, for that matter, did you just not-so-subtly say all muslims support terrorism? Paint with a broader brush next time, really go all out.

JungleJake
Those enemies of the country, as you call them, aren't enemies of individual Americans. Most individual Americans have nothing to fear from the Iranians across the ocean. Our government is aiding the Christian religion in competing for market share. You can have your crusade, okay, just don't put my name on it. I won't mess you with or the Iranians, and you and the Iranians better not mess with me. You go ahead and start fights with them, I couldn't care less. But if you start hollerin' about how I'm on your side, and Iran better watch out, how do you think that makes me feel? You like it when other people speak for you? Iran is not an enemy of this country, it's your enemy, your faith's enemy.

Perhaps when all you and fellow crusaders have died over the course of your great crusade, Iran will look across the ocean and say "Wow, that country is now populated with nothing but sane, rational individuals, and hey, all the religious zealots in our country died on the field of battle as well..hmmmm..do you supp

ose we can all just live our lives in peace now?"

Silenus
You're on to something. People don't give a damn though. The supply lines stretch deep into the heart of the country, fuel shortages and water shortages are still a huge problem, and now most supplies have to be airlifted because the roads are too dangerous. If the bulk of America's fighter aircraft deploy elsewhere, that would leave the transports mostly undefended while they're trying to help get our boys on the ground in Iraq 'back to the ships.' I think Iran knows that. They might even be talking to N Korea to get Kim to lure the air support away, so they can pick off all the transport aircraft and massacre the men on the ground with numbers (1 Million!) and air power.

I think the military commanders know this, and have been trying to haul their asses out of the sling for somtime, but the assinine policy makers keep shoving them back down. If we lost all the men in Iraq, that would leave us crippled in a way, because we'd be able to fight a war, but not two wars. That was the plan, remember? Be able to fight effectively in two theatres.

I think it's pretty obvious to most involved that we're acting beligerently. What happens to beligerent people eventually? They get popped hard in the nose by some little wiry guy who knows how to fight.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by WyrdeOne]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join