It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sightings During the civil War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Does anyone know of UFO sightings during the Civil War? If so I really NEED and I mean NEED information on anything that may remotely involve UFO sightings during the Civil War, Thanks!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hope this helps

UFO's During the Civil War

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Perhaps this?

The author of the passage was Fitz James O'Brien (a well known poet and essayist of the era), of the 7th New York Regiment commanded by Col. Marshall Lefferts. The 7th was embarked on the steamer Boston, en route from Philadelphia to Annapolis on April 21, 1861. The passage is as follows:

"[In the evening] a curious phenomenon occurred. Some men in the
regiment... had been singing - with all that delicious effect
that music at sea produces - several of the finest psalms in our
liturgy..... While we were singing, the moon swung clear into the
air, and round her white disk was seen three circles, clear and
distinct - red, white and blue!

The omen was caught by common instinct, and a thousand cheers
went up to that heaven that seemed in its visible signs to
manifest its approval of the cause in which we were about to
fight."

from the log/account of a ship's captain, F. W. Banner: "The sailors saw a remarkable object or cloud in the sky. It was a cloud of circular form, with an included semi-circle divided into four parts, the central dividing shaft beginning at the center of the circle and extending far outward, and then curving backward. The thing traveled from a point 20 degrees above the horizon to a point about 80 degrees above. Then it settled down to the northeast, having appeared from the south, southeast. It came up obliquely against the wind, and finally settled down in the wind's eye. For half an hour this form was visible, then it finally did disappear"

Perhaps a search on the names involved will provide more info, but I'm not gonna do the work for you...
Granted, the last one is about 5 years after the war, but same general time frame...so thought it might help.

They did use observation balloons then, so soldiers unfamiliar with them, might have easily misidentified those as well, so no doubt more accounts and sightings, just a matter of finding them.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

UFO's During the Civil War

I'm not sure how many of you viewed and read the link above, but it claims that the Roswell incident was the result of a war between aliens who were helping the US and aliens who were helping the USSR. Some of their battles took place on Earth, and the Roswell incident was the result of the aliens who assisted the USSR being shot down. The other craft, the aliens on our side, landed several miles away. This is the first I've ever heard of this explenation for the Roswell incident. Has anyone else ever heard this before? Does the guy posting on this site have any credibility? Is it just a bunch of bunk?

I know this is a little off-topic, but I figured I'd respond to the thread that posted the link. I think the story is on the second or third page of the link.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would think that ANY flying object, other than birds, seen during the time of the civil war would be a UFO. Wouldn't it?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Is that the TR-3B in the bottom picture on page 2? Looks very odd like red, green, yellow plasma...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is supposedly a picture of a Civil War UFO:

www.alienphotos.k-netti.nu...

top topics

join