It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Accused of Selling Arms to Colombian Paramilitaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, it seems the war on drugs hasn't stopped. In fact our government and military is still smuggling drugs into this country from Columbia. Just recenlty to two Army soldiers were caught by Columbia officials for smuggling coc aine and selling weapons to Columbian Paramilitaries. Columbian officials want them tried but there has been no media coverage here in the U.S. nor is our government doing anything about it.

U.S. Soldiers Accused of Selling Arms to Colombian Paramilitaries
Like the GIs Caught Smuggling Cocaine Last Month, They Won’t Face Trial or Investigation in Colombia

By Dan Feder
Special to The Narco News Bulletin

May 6, 2005

On Tuesday, Colombian authorities arrested Lieutenant Colonel Alan Norman and Sergeant Jose Hernandez of the United States Army, for illegally trafficking weapons and ammunition. The arms – according to press reports more than 30,000 “projectiles” were found in the house where the two were arrested – were almost certainly meant for sale to paramilitary groups, the right-wing death squad militias that terrorize Colombia’s people.

The U.S. Embassy and its bosses back home have kicked into damage control, and are trying to sweep this one under the rug. And so far, the U.S. media aren’t doing much to stop them.

FULL STORY

This is really sad that our own government is doing this. Basically, we are smuggling drugs from other countries and then selling them on the street to our kids. Not only that but it also one of the reasons what keeps our economy so high or it used to be.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hey Man, this wont Ever stop, there will always be involvment in this kind of business - especially from Latin American, since Cocaine Business is very profitable in the West. There is a big market outhere, I am sure everybody wants to have their hands on the "hot stuff" coming from Columbia and Bolivia (now there is a even better country for coke-business). CIA always liked that kind of work, its no wonder the US Army is following in its steps.

Simple rule of Economics:

As long as there is Demand, there has to be the Supply.

[edit on 6/5/05 by Souljah]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Hey Man, this wont Ever stop, there will always be involvment in this kind of business

Oh, I know it won't stop. I just thought I'd bring this up because it's typical and rediculous that this is still going and no one in our government is doing anything to stop it.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Oh, I know it won't stop. I just thought I'd bring this up because it's typical and rediculous that this is still going and no one in our government is doing anything to stop it.

Goverments usually want to stop it, because they want a Piece of IT.

So, either way - the drug is on the dealer's table.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

well, i guess they've got to fund the war on terror somehow!

(yes kids, this is what is known as "sarcasm")

sigh. seriously though - will there ever be a time when we are NOT meddling with south american affairs? sheesh.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

well, i guess they've got to fund the war on terror somehow!

(yes kids, this is what is known as "sarcasm")

sigh. seriously though - will there ever be a time when we are NOT meddling with south american affairs? sheesh.

well, at least this time round they're presumably using the proceeds to fight terrorists, instead of selling arms to them....

-koji K.

new topics

top topics

join