It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPC -Mark of the Beast-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is my first post on this board. I'm not sure if this topic has been gone over before, so bare with me if it has. Either way, this is what I heard:

Ever heard of UPC? This stands for Universal Product Code, commonly called Bar Code. Any time you go to the store to purchase something, this little code is what the computer uses to identify a product, the price of the product, and any other information on the product that might be available.

If you look at any bar code, you will notice three sections of lines in the beginning, middle, and end of the code that are slightly longer than the rest of the code. To a computer, these sections of code read as follows: "Start Code" "Switch Code" "End Code".

The computer begins reading the code, switches encryption half way through, finishes reading the rest of the code, then stops.

This is where religious conspiracy theorists' heads will spin. The number in these sections of code that represents these commands is the number 6. If read all the way across: 666.

I've heard of certain computer companies (not mentioning any names) that offer to tattoo a light pink bar code onto the skin of their employees for identification purposes. Instead of having an identification card, finger print idenfifier, or some other secret agent gadget you see in movies, you get a bar code that identifies who you are. Without this code, you are not granted access to certain areas. The companies claim that this is a matter of convenience since employees don't have to worry about remembering their identification and it's completely hand-free.

So my question is:

Is this the "mark of the Beast" that the Bible says everyone will be forced to bare in the future?

[edit on 6-5-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It is in the NWO section here's the link to the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is Entitled: 666 barcodes, have you heard about that?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Funny, I just read something similar on another site. It was concerning the tattooing of prisoners in Auschwitz, a rumour that it was a code developed by IBM. Gave me the creeps thinking about it.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I remember this topic! There was one site that was very convincing that 666 was in the barcode...maybe it's on that other link. I'm a skeptic on signs, but this one is very intriguing and yes, you can check the barcodes just like the website says. *rustles around a long list of links* Now where is that thing?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Its actually means the system of things. The Mark of Beast is symbolic. Now this is just an opinion, I think it has something to do with Cains Mark that was put on him. I don`t think it has anything to do with a barcode. I think its Symbolic For The Mind. So its in the mind not stamped on the forehead, and i also heard its not 666, but 616 in the actual greek scriptures. Has anyone else heard this? and taken the mark in your hand is symbolic for doing the works. so we have mind and works of the beast.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There have been many, many post about this! And once again....the mark of the beast, if you believe this, is the mark of a man...not a UPC code!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Have you seen one of those "Self Check-out" things at the grocery store? I was a SuperFresh (which is an antonym in both respects since it's neither Super nor Fresh) with a friend who I can only justify to say he does not like people as much as I do. So anywho, he gets all excited by this idea and puts his 5 items through the scan. Problem! One item though only beeped once, showed on the screen as 2. We looked at each other and I could see him go from calm to
in a matter of seconds. So, He goes
to one of the check-out folk until he's finished and comes over for a look-see. The computer goes
to him so he tries a few more times. Next, he goes to get a manager to help
the machine. I chuckled and my angered friend asked what was funny. I said, "This new self-checkout system is a miracle. It got two people to help us out today instead of one." The manager and clerk looked like they wanted to :bash: me and tell me to
, but I thought it was funny.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by saint4God]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
While I do admit that the sync marks do resemble the right digit 6, they are not the same. Computers really don't care about ASCII characters(letters, numbers, symbols). All they "see" are 1's and 0's.

Left Sync Mark:101
Left Digit 6: 0101111
Middle Sync mark: 01010
Right Digit 6: 1010000
Right Sync Mark: 101

top topics

join