It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Bush pausing for earpiece feed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Bush News Conference

Listen closely; he mumbles "wait a minute" under his breath.

What do you think?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Right on. 100%.

Amazing. More convincing that waht we saw before... And that weird hump between his shoulder blades, discussed here on ATS.

Wow.

Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It could be that he had an ear piece, but I think it has more to do with his Auditory Processing Disorder. I think the 'wait a minute' was kind of to himself because he started to answer then paused to give himself a chance to be sure that his thoughts were on track and that he had processed the question correctly.

If it was an earpiece, does it really matter? People with APD often need assistive devices to help them filter out background noises.

Jemison

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You know, that is very good catch, I always wonder about those long pauses in the middle of his speaches.

Still with all the audio feed he still have trouble putting his words together.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
whats more telling is he looks down, as if re-shifting his focus to listen to something.....but what could they have told him in about 2 seconds that he could use ?

If you're going to say he has an earpiece, its pretty amazing he can speak while listening to someone else coach him.

Maybe they have a system where the person in his ears gives him a word that he associates with a strategy like "attack, back up, vague, defend, answer with a question......

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I never heard of APD; I'll look it up, thanks.
I think it's an earpiece feed issue for two reasons

- Regardless if you think him semi retarded or shrewd, you have to question why he'd audibly would say that? I think it was more a lost-in-focus on the earpiece directions coming in.

- It's as if he visbly was pleased at "pulling an Ace" about say that he had a long talk with Putin in Slovakia.

I replayed it & think it's "in a minute" that he mumbles - meaning that he'll order the tidbits he was fed in his desired order.
Even if you'll swear against his earpiece usage, it's obvious that this guy spends most of his time being prepped for appearences & being hammered by handlers on his delivery.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here is an article on Bush and the possibility he has APD or CAPD.

www.businessweek.com...

Ever wonder why President Bush says "nuculer" when he means "nuclear" or "subliminate" when he means "subliminal?" Or why he mixes up perseverance and preservation? Why does he mangle the English language often enough for Slate Editor Jacob Weisberg to produce three books of Bushisms such as "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

"SUBTLE DISORDER." To some learning-disability experts, the signs are clear: Bush might want to pay them a visit. These experts haven't tested the President, so they caution that they can't be certain of the diagnosis. Yet, ample signs indicate that something unusual is going on in the left side of his brain, where language and hearing are processed.

The possibility is high that there's some dysfunction in the way he hears words, the way he processes what he hears, or the way he retrieves words when he tries to speak. When someone uses the wrong word or malapropisms and has difficulty with grammatical sentences, experts on learning disabilities "typically suspect at least a subtle language disorder," says William Stixrud, a clinical neuropsychologist in Silver Spring, Md.

Jemison

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Jemison]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Lets see what we got here

1.Speculation
2.Footage, Hump on back
3.Footage, Mumbling

Now lets look at what we dont have

1.Footage, Earpeice

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Or maybe his Chip in the Head got a little 2 Loud and the Voices in his Head were getting Confusing.

Its probably hard to talk, when somebody is talking in Your Head.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Voices in his Head were getting Confusing.

Its probably hard to talk, when somebody is talking in Your Head.

Voices in his head? You mean the voice of "God?" LOL! Just kidding. Seriously though, I believe he wears an earpiece. Of course, it's not visible in front of the camera but so what? Someone is obviously telling him what to say.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh my god! He paused while talking to gather his thoughts. That bastard! He has to be wired.

I was giving a speech the other day for one of my classes and I forgot what I was going to say so I paused to think about it and after I finished my professor asked me if I was wearing an earpiece because I stopped talking for a few seconds. He then told me EVERYONE KNOWS to NEVER stop talking...even for a second because its a sign you are definitely wired.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Voices in his head? You mean the voice of "God?" LOL! Just kidding. Seriously though, I believe he wears an earpiece. Of course, it's not visible in front of the camera but so what? Someone is obviously telling him what to say.

Yea your Right - I was only kidding tho.

Reminded me of Manchurian Candidate - that guy also had problems like that.

[edit on 6/5/05 by Souljah]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Uh, he was caught in Europe using an earpiece. He was talking, and the person feeding him was talking so loud the other people in the building heard it....... So why not in America?

Also, even with proof, the Bu#s will still have an excuse. Short of Bush pulling it out on national tv, yelling at it to shut up you're going to fast, smashing it, then going over to Rove and punching him in the throat, we won't have "proof".

[edit on 6-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yea your Right - I was only kidding tho.

Yeah, I know. But seriously, if you think about it, he does talk like he speaks to God all the time. Creepy.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Three words: Early Onset Dementia.

There's a price to pay for abusing drugs and being from inbred stock.

Anybody ever see the man speak 20 years ago? He was an excellent speaker, very witty, 100% on the ball.

Now he mumbles and bumbles, mixes words up, can't form a sentence to save his life.

It's a pretty clear diagnosis, anybody read more information this possibility?

BTW, I do think he was wired, remember the debate?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Three words: Early Onset Dementia.

Anybody ever see the man speak 20 years ago? He was an excellent speaker, very witty, 100% on the ball.

Now he mumbles and bumbles, mixes words up, can't form a sentence to save his life.

It's a pretty clear diagnosis, anybody read more information this possibility?

BTW, I do think he was wired, remember the debate?

barbara bush is 41's sister ? Haven't heard that one before.....

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Reminded me of Manchurian Candidate - that guy also had problems like that.

You know that thought came in my mind also, the Manchurian candidate, he is monitored but still he has a problem.

I agree that he may have dyslexia or maybe he is in the first stages of mad cow disease.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

And this man was elected to be our President? How truly sad.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Another a-typical Bush bash thread.
How lovely.
Lets see here, we got:

as posted by Marg
Still with all the audio feed he still have trouble putting his words together.

After reading the above, Marg, you actually have room to criticize?

as posted by Souljah
Or maybe his Chip in the Head...

Been watching to much SciFi?

as posted by andpau66
That bastard!

Read the Terms and Conditions of this site regarding profanity use?

as posted by James the Lesser
Uh, he was caught in Europe using an earpiece. He was talking, and the person feeding him was talking so loud the other people in the building heard it..

Link it JTL.

as posted WrydeOne

:shk: Sometimes I wonder about someone as intelligent as you.

But hey....don't mind me, just passing by long enough to applaud Jemison for providing a link to something that many here had no clue about.

seekerof

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by Souljah
Or maybe his Chip in the Head...

Yes.

But that still doesn't mean that its not Sci-Fi. You know, for some people its fiction, for others its real. I bet that there are LOTS of technologies not available to us, that are used strictly by military or goverment personell.

Micro Bio-Implants?

Why not?

Remeber, they are always two steps ahead.

[edit on 6/5/05 by Souljah]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join