It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bodies of 12 Torture Victims Unearthed at Baghdad Garbage Dump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Me too

Yes, this is a grim subject. We can discuss such things and still hold onto our sense of humor, though.

In fact, we should!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadscholar
perhaps I will even understand if I concentrate really hard!

Judging from your presentation thus far......I don't believe that will be a problem.....

I am from a military family, though. I have a little cousin who is fighting in Iraq right now. There is a psychological need to perserve certain illusions.

I had a brother over there.....am fortunate that he returned safe....so I can relate......and I do agree that certain illusions need to be preseved, but I tend to make concessions for the possibilities that are blatant offenses on them as well......helps to keep my objectivity.........

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Tacky? Who Cares?

Yes, this is a grim subject. We can discuss such things and still hold onto our sense of humor, though.

I'm with you on this. Still, I don't wish to seem heedless of the sorrow of those who have lost loved ones.

Every victim here was loved by someone, and it is heartbreaking to consider what that truly means.

Yet, that said, I think you're right. When humor leaves us, our souls become parched, cracked and ultimately wither away.

To my discredit, I seem to have forgotten that lately, and am grateful for the reminder.

So let's not forget that even death has its funny side.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Fourteen Iraqis shot dead and left at a Baghdad garbage dump were Sunni Arabs, relatives say, raising the spectre of deeper sectarian strife in Iraq following mass killings of Shi'ites.

Relatives of the victims, witnesses and a police official said the dead were farmers from the town of Madaen just south of Baghdad, where tit-for-tat kidnappings and killings between Shi'ites and Sunnis have sparked tension across Iraq.
A resident who saw a man digging a grave in an industrial area of Baghdad alerted police to the corpses early yesterday. Some were blindfolded and shot through the head execution-style.

Officials say it is unclear who killed the Iraqis, but they say insurgents are trying to spark civil war.

Article

Although this is not confirmed yet, there is no doubt the insurgents are hell bent on starting a civil war.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join