It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official US report on Iran’s state sponsorship of terror

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Festung America = Fortress America

Comes from a book, The Man In the High Castle by Philp K. Dick, about a US that lost WW2 and was occupied by Japan and Germany.

Howeve it's presence in my profile is not about comparing the US to Nazi Germany (or the book for that matter), it's about the seige mentality of so many people here. It's a patriotic sentiment the way I see it, America should stand for liberty & justice, not unprovoked "preemptive" (in quotes because there is nothing to preempt) attacks on smaller countries on the other side of the planet. Certainly America ought not to be a nation cowering in fear over numinous and nonexistent threats, promulgated by liars who are simply gaming for power and wealth.

We are being manipulated by people who want to keep us living in fear, for their own political ends. We were manipulated into attacking Iraq, now we are being manipulated into attacking Iran.

This thread, IMHO, is an example of this.
Someone's got poor skippy all convinced that Iran is on the verge of nuking the US, an extremely unlikely scenario at best.

Who stands to gain by keeping Americans bowed with fear, in a constant state of panic and anxiety about who might attack us next?

Certainly not most Americans.

Certainly not anyone who truly has America's best interests at heart.

[edit on 5/6/05 by xmotex]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It's easy to talk about invading Iran, but I'll tell you what, Iran is not Iraq. I'm not so sure the US can beat Iran unless we nuke them or kill most of their people. Either way, expect there to be a major backlash with this one.

The US will probably need to use a combination of diplomacy and special operations. Both are probably underway already.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Once again let me point this out and I will be very clear.

The United States will not invade Iran nor North Korea, with or without Allies.

One of the reasons is that no matter the merit in such an action, some percentage of the population back home (the tulipwalkers) will do everything within their power to make it fail, they will whine and cry, and the troops would have to listen to the same crap they have been listening to about Iraq. They would do this willingly even at the detrement of thier countrymen. These folks have no understanding of the word "WOLVERINES". Some would even work for the other side, you know give them directions west on I-64.

If the Russians were moving up I-95 with 16 tank divisions, these types would still be trying to negotiate and saying war is wrong no matter the cause.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

One of the reasons is that no matter the merit in such an action, some percentage of the population back home (the tulipwalkers) will do everything within their power to make it fail, they will whine and cry, and the troops would have to listen to the same crap they have been listening to about Iraq.

LOL very funny
!
I think we will just bomb the nuclear plants.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
But if we don't let Iran have nukes, then what reason will we have for obliterating them?

We'll probably have to let them actually use them first before we can go in, since last time we thought someone had the goods, they actually didn't.

So, really all we need is an excuse to obliterate them, and soon we will, but I really think Israel should go get their boots dusty this time.

Look, I don't want anyone to think that I'm taking this lightly, I'm just really tired right now.

But there are a few things that I consider:

We just spent about $300 billion on Iraq and Afghanistan, and the meter's still running. In the event that Iran does get froggy and jumps, how much more money are our people going to be willing to spend, and what will be the real value of the dollar by the time we have to spend it. I mean, that $300 billion could just inflate to $500 billion adding nothing to it in the next 20 years, and who's gonna pick up the tab? These kids you see floppin' around everywhere? I think not.

We've got a few things to figure out about efficiency and accountability before we can think about taking out rogue nuclear terrorist states one by one. You realize that if it isn't Iran, it's N. Korea, and if it isn't N. Korea, it could very well be some unknow non-state affiliated terrorist group.

We need to figure this out, and get our production up. Maybe we Americans need to have a realistic sense of loss before we'll again realize what we actually have to lose. We don't seem to really know what's at stake in the general poplulous.

American Idol? What?!!!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is another possibility to consider.

As you point out, the US has spent $300 billion in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, we are already cutting back on programs like DDX and CVX to make up the shortfall. The majority of our ground troops are tied down fighting a grinding counterinsurgency in Iraq, one that shows no sign of coming to an end soon.

How much will "preemptive" wars with Iran and NK cost us?

And who stands to gain if we bankrupt ourselves going around the world, emptying our treasury and undercutting our military, chasing after phantom threats? Is it any wonder Putin was whispering in Bush's ear, telling him Saddam planned attacks in the US?

Nah, a former KGB agent would never do anything that sneaky

It would be an almost comic irony, if our own warmongers and hypernaionalists, fooled by crafty foreign powers, led us directly into a trap or series of traps with their constant clamor for war. Bringing about the downfall of the US by leading it into futile conflict after futile conflict, until our economy and military are a shambles.

Of course they'll still find a way to blame the "treasonous liberals", critical thinking and self criticism are not hallmarks of the psuedo-fascist militarist crowd. Not to mention honesty.

[edit on 5/7/05 by xmotex]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I do hope people will wake up and heed this report. Iran is a huge problem and it's not likely going to disappear and take care of itself. Something needs to be done to neutralize this growing threat to world stability.

You are right, start the cleaning at home first!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join