It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Judiciary Chief, Ayatollah Shahroudi admits human rights violations in Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Iran's Judiciary Chief, Ayatollah Shahroudi admits human rights violations in Iran

Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi admitted for the first time that people are suffering from human rights violations when they are being arrested for political charges.

Speaking in the two-day Conference of the Public and Revolutionary Prosecutors, he said that Islamic law and ethics are being violated by the investigators when they interrogate those under arrest.

"Evidences indicate that the investigators in the detention centers violate Islamic and ethical principles to elicit confessions from those being accused of political offenses," Ayatollah Shahroudi said.

"Islam has clearly recommended us to respect human rights and I've got to know that we are currently violating what Islam ordered to us in relation with human rights of the people who for some reason are being led to the detention centers," he said.

"We have established the public and revolutionary courts to restore rights of the public. We have established police stations and security institutions to serve the people. If we commit human rights violations in those centers, we have done great injustice to the people," Ayatollah Shahroudi said.

"Eliciting confession from the defendants in absence of the judge is Haram (forbidden in Islam). Only the judge has the right to interrogate the defendant," Shahroudi said.

"I have evidences that the investigators have used force to elicit confessions from the defendants. During interrogations, they forced the defendants to confess to several other charges which have nothing to do with the main charge that only the judge should examine," he said.

He said that the security officers have no right to intervene with the legal proceedings about a defendant.

Only the judge has the right to interrogate a defendant, he said.

Press activists say that the Judiciary chief's attention has been drawn to human rights violations thanks to the freedom of expression made available by eight-year campaign of President Mohammad Khatami, otherwise, the Judiciary chief could not have found out to what kind of oppression the political activists have been exposed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is another and very important step fowards in Iran's political liberalization evolution. Acknowledging the existence of problems is the first step towards solving them. This is something many diehard American radical conservatives should learn to do.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Siroos]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siroos
Acknowledging the existence of problems is the first step towards solving them. This is something many diehard American radical conservatives should learn to do.

We have acknowledged our problems one of which, that we cant set back anymore and let countries like Iran and North Korea get nukes, we are currently trying to fix these problems, and prevent them from happening in the future.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thats definately a good start.

Will luck Iran will reform itself soon, by admitting their flaws on the world stage they can set the scene for real internal change.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

This is another and very important step fowards in Iran's political liberalization evolution. Acknowledging the existence of problems is the first step towards solving them. This is something many diehard American radical conservatives should learn to do.

I agree with you here.

Its hard to admnit there is a problem, and by admiting you have started to solve it, because you have made the first, the hardest step in doing that.

Diehard American Republicans wont ever admit - that would sure make a Long List!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

seems that siroos have to said something anti-american in every single post would s/he would die or something lol

---> back to topic

good for iran

[edit on 6-5-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
We have acknowledged our problems one of which, that we cant set back anymore and let countries like Iran and North Korea get nukes, we are currently trying to fix these problems, and prevent them from happening in the future.

You have voted C0le for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Right on!

[edit on 5/6/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
seems that siroos have to said something anti-american in every single post would s/he would die or something lol

---> back to topic, good for iran.

The america haters, seem to have a quota, they have to meet in every thread, to bash america in some way.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The america haters, seem to have a quota, they have to meet in every thread, to bash america in some way.

Just like the Muslim Haters here like to do that same thing, to bash Islamic World, and exchange way above top secret awards.

[edit on 6/5/05 by Souljah]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Just like the Muslim Haters here like to do that same thing, to bash Islamic World.

Im not fond of the french, nor am i fond of iran, nor am i fond of North korea, how am i a muslim hater? I simply dont like the people who dislike me for being what i am, an American.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Im not fond of the french, nor am i fond of iran, nor am i fond of North korea, how am i a muslim hater? I simply dont like the people who dislike me for being what i am, an American.

- And with your Signature DROP THE BOMBS ALREADY! you have said it All!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

what. I wanna save my gov some money here, those bombs cost alot,

we cant just let them go to waste..

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I am sure you want to get rid of them - especially the ones made of "slight" Radioactive Material, that does not only effectively kill the enemy, but also the US soldiers using it, but after a few years time (remember the Gulf War Syndrome?).

Thats the Bombs you like dropping then huh, mister Patton?

[edit on 6/5/05 by Souljah]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So now I guess the entire Iranian government will resign and hold elections for a new legitimate government, right Siroos? Sounds like the only fair thing to do to me...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is good news, my secretary is Persian (Zeeba) and she told me theres a huge under-current in Iran right now of young people who just want to live their lives in Peace and not have the revolutionary courts tell them how to dress, act and live their lives.

The recent elections were a fraud because some of the more liberal candidates were not allowed on the ballot.

Maximu§

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Acknowledging the existence of problems is the first step towards solving them. This is something many diehard American radical conservatives should learn to do.

What remains for you to understand though, is that Iran and North Korea are not colonies of the U.S. and the U.S. has no authority over these totally independent and sovereign countries. The U.S. has also no authority to decide who can and who can't have what. I think this is the biggest problem which the U.S. has to come to terms with. The U.S. needs to learn to mind its own business and focus more on the gigantic problems it has at home. By constantly bullying other countries it will only create more enemies for itself.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

---> back to topic, good for iran.

Which fascist party or group are you a member of? KKK or the Republican party? Or could it be another one that I'm not aware of?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What remains for you to understand though, is that Iran and North Korea are not colonies of the U.S. and the U.S. has no authority over these totally independent and sovereign countries. The U.S. has also no authority to decide who can and who can't have what. I think this is the biggest problem which the U.S. has to come to terms with. The U.S. needs to learn to mind its own business and focus more on the gigantic problems it has at home. By constantly bullying other countries it will only create more enemies for itself.

We have all the say we want, because its in OUR best interest that Iran and North Korea, should not be allowed to poses theses weapons, The other side of this coin is Its Irans and North Koreas best interest to have them.

Now tell me who do you think will win this one?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Just like the Muslim Haters here like to do that same thing, to bash Islamic World.

People don't dislike you for being an American - They dislike you for your extremist values, ideas and ignorance. I suspect that the list of what or whom you're not fond of is much longer than that, and could very likely include:

- Muslims

-Jews

- Arabs

- Middle Easterners

- Asians

- Italians

- Homosexuals

- Liberals

- yourself

- blacks

- Indians

- Native Indians

- Immigrants

- Hispanics

- Mexicans

- Civil rights groups

- Canadians

Just guessing.....

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yes, and I'm sure that that is exactly what some in your government and the Pentagon think as well - That's why the world is right to be alarmed about where the U.S. is and is heading!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
So now I guess the entire Iranian government will resign and hold elections for a new legitimate government, right Siroos? Sounds like the only fair thing to do to me...

Not at all! Did the U.S. government resign after the Aby Ghraib prison scandal? No, it wasn't on the orders of the military or the government that those Iraqis were tortured and humiliated - These were a few disturbing elements among the low ranking U.S. military personell in Iraq - "A few isolated incidents"

The same goes for Iran. The Iranian government had no idea about these things. This was the work of some disturbing elements within the Iranian intelligence service.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join