It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS bullies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Beware the Revenge of the Sith.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Intrepid cusses like a sea captain, but we still love the bastard.

Love the new avatar btw, dude

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Durden]

Durden!!!

where have you been dude? its been ages since ive heard from you!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Durden!!!

Busy as hell with work. Not to worry though - I'm always lurking
. How you been?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Busy as hell with work. Not to worry though - I'm always lurking
. How you been?

ive been good,
busy with the FSME work, but im good

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

ive been good,
busy with the FSME work, but im good

Glad to hear it, dude

Man - Infinite and Intrepid - a couple of prime examples of why I love this place

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Man - Infinite and Intrepid - a couple of prime examples of why I love this place

We're twins seperated by an ocean and 25 years.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Hell yeah bro lol
expect your a mod and im not
if only we were twin mods
*cries*

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Damn, I suspected you were a young one, intrepid... but not that young

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
25 years difference?!?! lol
Im only 19

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

25 years difference?!?! lol
Im only 19

OK, I was wrong, it's only 24 years.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Your like my old twin...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Your like my old twin...

Get a room, you two

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Get a room, you two

Man, that's getting dangerously close to the thread that can't be mentioned.

Getting back on topic, if anyone see abuse, the suggestions button is up there in the tool bar, or u2u any staff. It'll be taken care of.

Don't always expect it to be seen on the board, some things are handled by u2u. But it is dealt with.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How about when the one doing the bullying is a Mod, then what happen?

How some of you can 'blow' this off is interesting. MODs are people with prejudices and buddies just like everyone else. Take a MOD that has a predeliction to be anti-religious- get them in a thread relating to religion and interesting things occur.

The ones I dis-appreciate are the 'token warns' with no flags. There are some at ATS (and some of these are long-timers) that call MODs for all manner of things.

MODs have a tough job, no doubt. I saw a thread where the MOD was slamming another poster then flag to the poster for retorting- don't tell me it doesn't happen (cause I'm not listening). Most MODs do what is expected, some get in a little too close to subjects.

Regardless, the thread has gone sideways. Back to bullies-

Some are just button-pushing because they have nothing else to post and can't let a chance pass them by, others do it because they can (standing, points, support group, etc.) Don't sweat them. Point out in the thread that they are being a bully. Bullies are part of life in this world (virtual) as much as the real world. It is part of human nature.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Take a MOD that has a predeliction to be anti-religious- get them in a thread relating to religion and interesting things occur.

That's why there isn't one mod. If one mod gets involved in a thread, as we are inclined to do, being contributing members with some level of intelligence, and things get sour, other mods will review the thread as an unbiased source. There's nothing wrong when mods get involved, it'd be wrong not to.

What's wrong is when someone involved in a topic starts abusing the other members, viewers, and the thread. A mod has more ability to do so, but is also a mod for the very reason that they were deemed to be trust worthy and responsible enough to not stoop to that level.

That's not to say it's impossible, but highly unlikely if you look at it with a clear eye.

"Nice" sig.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm really big and strong, but my winky's kinda small. Its a pink tipped abomination. That's why I try and belittle others, because it makes me feel powerful and worthwhile. SO SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP BEFORE I MAKE YOU FEEL REALLY BAD ABOUT YOURSELF.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I apologize, but I typed this post for the sole purpose of seeing how many points you get for a post. I'm in America and I can do that and if you want to try and make an issue out of it... Well you know who runs myyyyyyyyy country..... punkass.

EDIT: GEEZ ONE FRIGGIN POINT! Stingy.... I'll never get to look at the UBER SECRETS in the Excessively Above Top Secret forum.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by SilverStar]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well, you get different points for different forums. The B&B get's you very few, but many forums give 10 or 20 points per post, and an ATSNN submission gives 250!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
SS, you might want to tone it down a bit.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, all I know is that I'm loved and admired by everyone here at ATS.

Especially, by those who I choose to abuse at both random and unjustified moments for the sole purpose of entertaining my lonely, degredated, ash flavored hell hole of a life which is slowly eating my flesh away. Those little disease infested minds who spill thier opinions like sewage upon this Great Sanctuary of a Forum, ATS, like vomiting blood upon the alter in the temple of Blessed-Holy-Grand-Magnifiscentness. It is easy to see that all my bullying of the afore mentioned bottom feeders and sickly masses is in every way "Done out of love!" Really, I Love those worthless bastards, I really Do!

But seriously folks...
I like bullies actually. They are always the most fun to make CRY!!! I think there is nothing in this life so heart warming than the occasional demonstration of a Bully who's number's been called. Standing there alone and frightened, with a face full of guilty tears and dirty jeans dripping yellow wetness. Sometimes, but not always, causing non-specific brain injury or character building scar art upon their hides adds a little whipped topping to the whole project when you feel like "giving it that extra effort". Ya know, crowd pleaser type-o-stuff and so forth?!?!?

[edit on 7-5-2005 by mOjOm]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join