It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MRIs enhance Psychic Abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Based on personal experience, I'd have to say its true. I had my first MRI (I've had six) in August of 2001, and within days had the most profound psychic experience of my life. Man, I showed up on their radar big time that night, and they almost got me on my way home. By 'they' I mean those that monitor and try to control or direct psychic energy, and don't think for a second that 'they' don't exist, and aren't well organized and entrenched in powerful positions.

Anyway, the article on ATSNN about MRIs being used to read thoughts got me thinking about all that again, and I decided to start a related thread and see if anyone else has had weird psychic experiences after having an MRI.

SCI/TECH: New Technology

How Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Works

"The Magnets
To understand how MRI works, let's start by focusing on the "Magnetic" in MRI. The biggest and most important component in an MRI system is the magnet. The magnet in an MRI system is rated using a unit of measure known as a Tesla. Another unit of measure commonly used with magnets is the gauss. One Tesla = 10,000 gauss. The magnets in use today in MRI are in the 0.5 Tesla to 2.0 Tesla range, or 5,000 to 20,000 gauss. Magnetic fields above 2 Tesla have not been approved for use in medical imaging, though much more powerful magnets up to 60 tesla are used in research. Compared with the earth's 0.5 gauss magnetic field, you can see how incredibly powerful these magnets are."

All that magnetic force exerted on the body has to have some kind of polarizing effect, doesn't it? I've been told, by an unreliable source, that MRIs line up blood cells via polarization and this aides blood flow. But what effect does it have on the brain, and the psyche?

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

I put this last article link in because I might be crazy and maybe she could help me. No, no, really I put it in because the author talks about the two sides, objective and subjective, to this study, and this new technology is bridging them.

Anybody interested?

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
im gonna have to disagree
i spend more time daily in the MRI than most patients do in a lifetime.
they claustro so often that we need to go in and babysit them.

I dont feel any different (other than aggravated for babysitting)
If it were true, I could be on tv like sylvia brown (aka the swindler)

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Maybe a pre-existing propensity for psychic activity is needed, then. The day after my strange experience, a friend who is ex- SEALTeamSix, detached to the CIA, who I hadn't heard from in a long time, called me three times in the morning (and he never calls me), verifying my address, and asking me what I'd been up to. When I told him I'd had an MRI a few days earlier, he said, "Oh, so you had an MRI", with extra emphasis, like that explained something to him. Meanwhile, I could hear the black choppers circling above all day.

I do exhibit alot of what some would call 'Nordic' qualities.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This sounds pretty far out there for me. Just the fact that you turn something of a spiritual nature into some conspiracy that the government maintains about MRI's, much less that SEAL Team Six hasnt existed for a number of years, and I don't care how good of friends you are if he were a member he wouldn't tell you, much less that hes on detachment to CIA. Sorry sport, call it like I see it.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Believe it or not, that's entirely up to you. I'm not trying to convince skeptics, just telling the truth about my experiences and what they lead me to believe. Strange things happen. Strange things have happened to me. This is one of those strange things that happened to me. I'm not sure what it is all about, thats one of the main reasons I started this thread. If I have to be dismissed by some to make progress with others on this topic, so be it.

I'd really like to hear from those with abilities or sensitivities that have had MRIs, and if/how they were affected.

Thank you very much, Baphomet79, and keep trying to broaden your perspective, sport.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I probably came off wrong about the MRI stuff, I am just cautious because of the other things you mentioned. Despite the way I seem, my perspective is fairly open, and I would definitely be curious how MRI can "awaken" latent capacities of the brain. I'm not a sceptic by any means, just the mention of things such as CIA and Seal Team Six in the Paranormal forum tend to turn some people off, myself included. Nothin personal...sport heh

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i'e done about 6 '7 tesla' and 1 '9 tesla MRI' in the last 6 months. nothing too funny yet. although, on one ocasion, just after it started, i had a mental image of the interior in front of me being ripped away, replaced by a red gridwork, and then the image disappeared........................hmmmmmmmm ...i would like to believe

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Baphomet79,

Thanks for sticking with it, that shows strength of character. The guy I mentioned wasn't part of the experience, other than his out of character calls (and the helicopters), not to mention my trip home the previous night seemed to verify that something strange had definitely happened. Believe it or not, he did confide in me about being ex-ATT6 detached. We had a falling out this past fall over circumstances surrounding my divorce and questions I posed to him about the heroin conspiracy, but that is another topic. I'm not nearly as sure that he was a Moscow sewer rat like he claimed as I am that I had a powerful, monitored psychic experience the night before he called me with all his questions.

Clearmind,

Aren't the sounds of the magnets resonating and banging and humming and pounding incredible? There is such tremendous power being exerted in the form of magnetic flux all around you, it has to have some effect on the mind, which is, after all, an eletro-magnetic entity, I believe. On the night in question, I could hear loud bangs and gongs accompanying profound thoughts and realizations in my mind, and I was nowhere near a MRI machine. Talk about going down the rabbit hole.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Does an MRI affect your psychic ability interfere with chakra development or does this this huge magnet interfere with various chemical activity that can interfere with work in vortex areas on earth etc.. just simply distort the natural currents of our magnetism does it draw from our life force

top topics

join