It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 month tour is up for most UK soldiers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
So the US don't raid their home, and kidnap their whole family, send them to abu gharib to be raped and tortured.

Sorry, but i cant recall saying anything about that.
I started this thread to show and discuss the UK troops coming home after 6 months.
Not to start a "who is right or wrong" debate.

There is a thread you can use for that..

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

You can't recall saying anything about it? Have these photographs rattled your memory? Less than a minute ago you said.

"Ah yes. Thats why they hide their faces then?"

I answer you. Because they don't want the occupation troops to find out where they live, kidnap their family, and send them to abu gharib to be raped and tortured.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Aren't we posting pictures from the war?

or can you not handle it?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Aren't we posting pictures from the war?

or can you not handle it?

Yes, we are posting pictures from the War, but not propaganda based images that you post.
I can handle anything you care to post or show.
But at least have the decency to see both sides of the argument.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
these images, are not doctored and artificial, like what the US and UK try to portray.

This is the cold hard truth, Don't you think it's time you see it bikkerredie? It's time to see what you have become.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Image Link (language)

Yes, you care about iraq sooo much.

This is the freedom you gave us.

This is the freedom to you.

This is what you have become!

Mod edit: First image changed to link for language.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Syrian Sister, why do you continue to post lies?

Claim: Photograph shows sailors spelling out the words '# IRAQ' on the deck of a U.S. aircraft carrier.

Snopes

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Syrian Sister, why do you continue to post lies?

Claim: Photograph shows sailors spelling out the words '# IRAQ' on the deck of a U.S. aircraft carrier.

Snopes

Claim photot false.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
SS, this may interest you...

Source

Sanc'.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I had to re-read a few of your posts Syrian Sister as I couldn't believe how stupid and down right nasty they are towards the purpose of this thread.
This thread isn't anything about whether the war was right or not, its to thank and welcome the return of those brave soldiers who put their lives on the line.

Syrian Sister please stop the downright nasty propaganda war that you seem to be so proud of.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
But the people are RESISTING! The women, the men, the young, the old. THey are resisting you!

And it's time you go home.

The Child, he writes. NO WAR.

See him for what bikerredie. See him for what he is!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

But the people are RESISTING! The women, the men, the young, the old. THey are resisting you!

You make it sound like we're evil crusading knights or something.

And question, why do you continue to reck this thread with your troll like ways?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The people who were in power before and those who would like to see Iraq as a failure and haven for terrorists are fighting the will of the people to make Iraq a safe, prosperous and democratic country.

Why are these "freedom fighters" bombing Shi'ite mosques, probably destroying countless Korans? Why are they killing peaceful people shopping at marketplaces?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
SS, the US is being nice, how many iraqi's die now? not much, you don't know what war is really like, lots of people die, iraq is lucky. US probility level the whole dam country if they are so evil lol

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
SS, the US is being nice, how many iraqi's die now? not much, you don't know what war is really like, lots of people die, iraq is lucky. US probility level the whole dam country if they are so evil lol

Actually, about 400 iraqis have died from insurgent bombing in the last two weeks and the US has killed at least a hundred during that same timeframe.

That's quite a lot.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Actually, about 400 iraqis have died from insurgent bombing in the last two weeks and the US has killed at least a hundred during that same timeframe.

That's quite a lot.

Thats a low amount compare to other wars, and guess what! this war has been going on for like few years now. 400 is nothing, more people die from car crashes in couple of weeks

just my 2 cents

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

these images, are not doctored and artificial, like what the US and UK try to portray.

This is the cold hard truth, Don't you think it's time you see it bikkerredie? It's time to see what you have become.

None of mine are doctored or edited.
What exactly have i become? I will tell you.
I am the father of a son who has been in that country doing his best to help the kind of people like you. Obviously you don't need this kind of help because you are hell bent on trying to disrupt things.

I did invite you to this thread like you mentioned, but it was to answer a question about the 4th picture i posted. You never bothererd to answer, but carried on ruining a good thread with your propaganda rubbish. I would like to thank you for turning this innocent thread into a slug fest.

I have noticed no matter what threads you post in, you always seem to turn them into this kind of anti US/UK rubbish that seems to spew from you mind.

I'm going to start a thread on nursery rhymes. I hope you can join me there. lets see if that will become a slug fest like all the other threads you have ruined. Hell, maybe Humpty Dumpty will turn out to be some kind of western monster in your eyes.

You ought to start and answer some of the questions posed to you. I'm still waiting for your opinion on the 1st page of this thread about the little girl. But , hey, ya not going to answer that because its the people you support who killed her. No comment eh?

Once again, thanks for ruining this thread.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You ought to start and answer some of the questions posed to you. I'm still waiting for your opinion on the 1st page of this thread about the little girl. But , hey, ya not going to answer that because its the people you support who killed her. No comment eh?

Once again, thanks for ruining this thread.

You have her there mate. Tell you one thing though if I was out there, even if I was an Insurgent supporter before hand, if the buggers did that to my little girl I would string them all up by the bollocks and vote Bush!

Thats a VERY strong statement by me as I cannot stand Bush, but thats how I would feel if my daughter was treated in this way.

Everytime I see any injured or dead child as a result of anything in this world it makes me weep, as i think of my own little sprog and how I would feel if she was in their place.

For anyone to do that deliberately to children deserves no respect, no matter what their "cause" is!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry that an evil force of darkness troll hijacked your thread Bikereddie. I'm so glad your son got back safely, and I wish good tidings to all the other British troops....

Rule Britannia! Britannia rules the waves
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Double post....

[edit on 5/14/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Eddie,

SS is showing his or her opinion of iraq, despite doing so in the wrong thread, we cant change that........

Tell your son something for me will you?

I speak for myself on this ok?

Your son is doing a great job and the decsion to go to iraq was not his but he went and stood by his fellow soldiers, that requires strength. Tell him I owe him a pint.

SS,

With respect, I think what you have done is wrong.
You've changed this from looking at the good side to the bad side.....I respect that you dont like the war infact you HATE the war. I hate it to...but wrecking someone's thread because of YOUR personel opinion is wrong.....If you want to debate the right or wrong issues ethier go to U2U's (BTW if you want to continue that debate come see me.) or make another thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join