It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

System32 Folder Open On Start Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hey anyone know why my folder system32 folder is open when I boot up now? I might have the name wrong. Its some window folder with a "32" in its name. Now, whenever I boot up, its open. System is stable.

Help??

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Are you sure you didn't just put your computer into standby mode? That saves whatever you had opened, or have you never opened it before? Anyone else use that computer? If so maybe ask them. Really dunno what to say, the System32 folder houses some pretty critical windows files, so if you're not seeing stability issues I wouldn't worry to much about it, but on the safe side run some Ad removal software.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Thnks..Its just me the wife and kid on here. Nothin serious. Im the main one on here. It did just start happening. I was running my yahoo anti-spy deleted a few things, but there was one that woudlnt let me delete it.

Anyrate, it was after I rebooted that time, that it started doin this. Noones in the folder, but get this...I cant find my windows folder at all. Ive got a Dell and its not in the programs folder. Doesnt have its own folder in there. I just cant find it at all...weird.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
start --> run --> msconfig --> ok

join