It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction from Apollonius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Greetings fellow Conspiracy Buffs.

My name is Cliff and I am from Australia, Terra Australis Incognita, The Great South Land. Here we have a semblance of democracy, parliamentary bicameral system that seems to be working on the surface, dig deeper and things are not so rosey.

My interests vary, but US History (1950's-late 60's) is of particular inerest, Kennedy, Nixon, The Bomb, Man on the Moon, etc.

I hope to contribute, you will find me a skeptic, asking for evidence on some claims made, but only to encourage clear thinking and rational analysis. When dealing with this big and complex world, we need all the tools at our disposal to deal with the Media, no?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Interesting interest...that US history. Do you have any ties to the US, or just an interest?
At any rate, welcome aboard

Here
is a hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have about stuff on ATS

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me, or any other staff member.

Also, for avatar info, here are kinglizard's avatar instructions and a reminder to all ATS members.

Also, here's a great link to help you organize your favorite forums. It will also keep threads you post in as favorites: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This link is also up at the top as myATS

And, don't forget to check out PTS and BTS. You can log in to these other two forums with your ATS login information.

Have a good time here

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hi, welcome to ATS, I hope you enjoy your time here.
I look forward to reading your posts.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Welcome Apollonius, sounds like you've come to the right place. I will be looking forward to your posts, so don't be shy.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Cliff!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Welcome to the ATS family!

There is lots of information and discussion here on many topics from many points of view. There are members from all walks of life, nationalities and of all ages.

Take some time to look around and familiarize yourself with all of the boards including ATS for alternative and conspiracy related discussion; BTS for lighter subjects and chit chat; PTS for political discussion; and our very own news portal ATSNN.

Each board has several forums with it’s own assigned moderators. Whether your just reading or want to jump right in, we only ask that you follow the site's terms and conditions.

If you have any questions you can check these handy resources:

Zedd’s Handbook of ATS Links
The Frequently Asked Questions page
And my very own: Answers to FAQs not in the FAQ page

Also very handy is the search feature (on the tab menu just bellow the banner at the top of every page) to make sure you are not double posting something already being discussed.

If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to U2U a moderator anytime. There is always somebody online and you don’t need a minimum of points or posts.

Have fun and see you around the boards!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Heya, welcome to the board. You'll be right at home here -- we have a big Ozzy and British crowd.

The 1960s was a fascinating period of time for the U.S. and a lot of history was made. I look forward to reading your insights!

Indeed, the Internet is quite a useful alternative to mainstream media reporting -- emphasis on "stream." Here, we can seek our own answers and sort out for ourselves the fabrications and untruths in what is presented to us.

Zip

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS~ the best(by far)hangout in webbie land

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hello and welcome, Cliff. I hope you enjoy your time at ATS.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS !!! I love australia, its beautiful there as well...
-Dani

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I have for a long time now following US History of the 60's to now. My library includes a number of books covering the Kennedy Assasination, Nixon, and now, the War on Terror, War in Iraq, etc.

Also, Australia bad treatment of refugees who arrive by boat, and the growing Right Wing control here and overseas.

UFO's and Alien Abductions, mysteries.

Paleontology, and the old Creation/Evolution debate

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hey welcome. I'm also from Australia.

top topics

join