It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens & UFOs are a diversion !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Has it ever occured to anyone that the US government wants you to believe in Aliens and UFOs?
Ever since the famouse Roswell incident the idea of Aliens and UFos has been spread in order to mislead people who question what the US governments gets up to behind closed doors.

In order to make my point I will stick with the Roswell in all likely hood a ballon did crash just not a weather ballon. It wouldnt have taken the US government long to figuer out that if they fostered the myth of aliens they could manipulate elements of population and prevent the real questions from being asked.

So if your looking for proof of aliens or wanting to join the CIA to expouse what you think is the truth you are a puppet of the US government.

The truth is a cruel mistress.

Iv been wanting to post this for a while I would like constructive feed back.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What real questions would stopped being asked from people believing in ET visitation and its coverup? And what of people who actually see and report on UFOs or ETs? Are they hallucinating, lying, or is the U.S. government actively going out to create these situations to further some false psy-op reality? If our governments actually are doing such things, they would be the most useless and costly stunts they could ever pull.

The United States did itself a huge disservice from this promulgated coverup if your opinion would be the correct one. Which I don't think it is in the least. It creates dissention in the population that otherwise didn't need to exist. Creating a false conspiracy to cover up real conspiracy still makes people believe in a conspiracy and that our governments are doing wrong. If the intention was to keep people from not thinking they were doing anything wrong, they have failed miserably.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Frith]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
why would they want you to believe in something they try so hard to cover up and not talk about ?

What about all the other countries in the world with similar government "secrets"

The United States is not the only area known for famous UFO encounters.

Im not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
What real questions would stopped being asked from people believing in ET visitation and its coverup? And what of people who actually see and report on UFOs or ETs?

Most UFOs can be explained often people will choose to believe in aliens rather then the logical conclusion. If the real questions were being asked the US governmnet wouldnt have fostered the idea of UFOs.

Are they hallucinating, lying, or is the U.S. government actively going out to create these situations to further some false psy-op reality?

My guess would be some false psy-op reality.

If our governments actually are doing such things, they would be the most useless and costly stunts they could ever pull.

How many people wonder what gose on in Area 51?
Best smoke screen the US government ever prouduced nobody seems to question what gose on in other classified areas.

Which I don't think it is in the least. It creates dissention in the population that otherwise didn't need to exist. Creating a false conspiracy to cover up real conspiracy still makes people believe in a conspiracy and that our governments are doing wrong.

Because of human nature we would question what the government even if they hadnt fostered the idea of aliens.

If the intention was to keep people from not thinking they were doing anything wrong, they have failed miserably.

Governmnets dont like it but some people can think without watching TV hence they needed a way of misleading people who dare to use there brains.

Dulcimer the idea of aliens may have come from the US government but it has spread around the globe via the media and word of mouth.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
xpert11,

kind of a reverse psychology move ?

I say no.

have you read disclosure ? have you seen the DVD ?

probably not, cuz had you , you'd know there's somethin' goin' on for sure

perhaps along the lines of john lears comments about us being an experiment.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The idea of "aliens" doesnt come from only the united states government thats for sure.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Have you ever been told about the 1989 disclosure named 'The Cosmic Journey'?
A planned disclosure to the American people and the world re their here subject matter. Don't believe what I'm saying, try to find that video documentary. I have it from an interview with Bob Exler (spelling unsure) 1994.

Dallas

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
toasted you are correct I havnt seen the DVD disclosure.
But why dont elaborate future ? Othere wise its no better then me posting "aliens dont exsit. "

Many people mostly in Hollywood have have made money from the alien false hood.
Who dosnt like the movie independence day?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ok so which is harder to believe..........shadow governments using psy-ops and causing hallucinations and all sorts of wierd stuff to literally tens of thousands of people worldwide just to keep what seceret, balloons and spy-planes?..........Or some of the sightings and radar contacts might actually be something of non-earth origin?

It's easy to dis-believe alot of the stuff in ufology circles because there are alot of crazies and profit seeking hacks out there. But that goes for the "big government conspircy" genre as well. It's ok to be skeptical, you should be if your thinking independently, but theres getting to be enough evidence to suggest there is something going on. Everyone should read "Disclosure", it makes a really compelling case. And it plays to your "big government coverups" at the same time.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
well, if its not a diversion - it is a distraction. the UFO/ET phenomena, even if its a conspiracy coverup is drenched in lies.

there are so many purported 'facts' that end up cancelling eachother out. people like myself who started studying it did so first out of curiosity - the more i read the more it turned into a rabbit hole addiction, like i was racing to the conclusion.

then i realized there is no conclusion - it doesnt exist - atleast not yet. Ufology, if nothing else is a big waste of time, if we never progress. look at the disclosure project - no success as far as i can tell. IMHO, this 'phenomena' is way over our heads. we will not know the answers until we're allowed to. you cannot crack this case.

just enough evidence to keep me on edge - not enough to get over it.

and thus, im still posting at ATS.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Your brain's capability to integrate new knowledge is limited to the laws of association. You have to be able to associate a new truth to an existing truth. What truths did you have at birth which all other truths have been linked to the source programming in you. Instincts. Instincts are the truths you have to begin with. And Instincts are the truths you take for granted are truth, those encoded strands of information are the basis of your personality and identity. But what if those instincts were not correct information.
I could continue to spell it out for you. But you would not believe me.

So I offer you this advice:
Ask the logical question.
Find the answer.
Ask the next logical question.
Find the answer.
Ask the next logical question.
Find the answer.
Continue this process until you are faced with the last logical question.
Every essence of your personality and identity stem from?
Your last opinion will precede the truth.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
looking4truth It isnt ease to admit that the US government is encourging the myth of aliens.
If you wanted to draw peoples attention away from governmnet activities and there was a concept such as aliens that fascinated people wouldnt you use it to your advantage?

If people didnt believe in aliens you wouldnt get to sleep at night it scars me to think about what the US governmnet could really be up to.

As for alien abductions the following must be considered.

It could be a hoax for personal gain.
The mental state of the person.
Possable psy-ops bearing in mind the person wouldnt know that they were the strings that manipulate the puppets.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Has it ever occured to anyone that the US government wants you to believe in Aliens and UFOs?
Ever since the famouse Roswell incident the idea of Aliens and UFos has been spread in order to mislead people who question what the US governments gets up to behind closed doors.

In order to make my point I will stick with the Roswell in all likely hood a ballon did crash just not a weather ballon. It wouldnt have taken the US government long to figuer out that if they fostered the myth of aliens they could manipulate elements of population and prevent the real questions from being asked.

So if your looking for proof of aliens or wanting to join the CIA to expouse what you think is the truth you are a puppet of the US government.

The truth is a cruel mistress.

Iv been wanting to post this for a while I would like constructive feed back

1. Actually, this question has been posed more times than I can count
It's not a new idea.

2. If this was TRULY the agenda, the government would not have had Bluebook as the massive debunking effort it was, and far more cases would have been left as "unexplained", in order to achieve that agenda. No, even the leaders and those involved with Bluebook, have come out saying they were to debunk cases in any way possible, to basically calm the public. Hardly the thing to do if you want to spread the idea of little green men buzzing about.

3. It doesn't matter WHAT kind of "balloon" one tries to reason for Roswell, it simply doesn't fit the evidence. Numerous witnesses independently testifying to the same exact properties (still unearthly properties) of the debris material, classification for half a century, the hasty actions taken, such as military cordons, threats, quick flights to the top tech centers, etc.

4. Your hypothesis fails on one key point...the US isn't the ONLY nation to experience UFOs.
Not to mention, there are such accounts, and even depictions in art, of them, going back centuries.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
2. If this was TRULY the agenda, the government would not have had Bluebook as the massive debunking effort it was, and far more cases would have been left as "unexplained", in order to achieve that agenda. No, even the leaders and those involved with Bluebook, have come out saying they were to debunk cases in any way possible, to basically calm the public. Hardly the thing to do if you want to spread the idea of little green men buzzing about.

The most compelling evidence for me that the govt. isn't using the UFO phenomena to manipulate the population, is the 50 year old presidential documents now coming out through FOIA. They would have been perfect to promote the myth, but they were hidden and classified for 50 years.

3. It doesn't matter WHAT kind of "balloon" one tries to reason for Roswell, it simply doesn't fit the evidence. Numerous witnesses independently testifying to the same exact properties (still unearthly properties) of the debris material, classification for half a century, the hasty actions taken, such as military cordons, threats, quick flights to the top tech centers, etc.

Not to mention the size of the debris being transported, one crate alone was 20 feet long..

and umm.. Gaz... it looks like your dolphin needs a boyfriend...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

2. If this was TRULY the agenda, the government would not have had Bluebook as the massive debunking effort it was, and far more cases would have been left as "unexplained", in order to achieve that agenda.

Not really there must be plently of unexplained incidents out there I remember hearing about a german WW2 bomber that crashed in AUST assuming the story is true it raises alot of unexplained questions.

3. It doesn't matter WHAT kind of "balloon" one tries to reason for Roswell, it simply doesn't fit the evidence.

Dont want go off topic other then to say it could have been an expermental plane that crashed.

4. Your hypothesis fails on one key point...the US isn't the ONLY nation to experience UFOs.
Not to mention, there are such accounts, and even depictions in art, of them, going back centuries.

Just how do you know those are aliens depicted in ancient art?
Your statment is flawed it overlooks the fact that ideas travel via word of mouth. The concept of flying disks has entered peoples minds so when they see a UFO they think it is an alien craft.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I submit that the intelligence communities' handling of the 'phenomena'
is one of their greatest, if not the greatest success they ever had.

Consider, there is a pervasive culture in place that automatically discredits
anyone who comes forward. Many, if not most, simply roll their eyes out of reflex the moment someone mentions they saw something.

That mindset, and it's pervasiveness, has been carefully constructed and maintained by those who would cover up whatever kernel of truth there is.

To have something like that exist and sustain itself over 50 years is an impressive feat, considering the many other operations that seem to go
south.

If you have 4 people see something inexplicable, in detail, and a fifth person comes forward with the same story, only he adds "Yeah, and I saw a grey
being come out and he tried to probe me!" ..the natural tendency is to discount the whole incident.

One dis-information agent can get a story effectively squashed, because
most people stend to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Gaz's points are valid, and as for Xpert11's arguments; he's using circular logic, so I suggest he believe what he wants.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Not really there must be plently of unexplained incidents out there I remember hearing about a german WW2 bomber that crashed in AUST assuming the story is true it raises alot of unexplained questions.

There are. My point is that the government would have played these events up, not tried to explain them or calm fears...and released documents show they were just as puzzled as the public...and concerned.

Dont want go off topic other then to say it could have been an expermental plane that crashed.

So your contention is that a 1947 plane remains classified to this day...ok.

Your statment is flawed it overlooks the fact that ideas travel via word of mouth. The concept of flying disks has entered peoples minds so when they see a UFO they think it is an alien craft.

You're right, I don't know how on Earth I could mistake this depicted object as a flying disk. What was I thinking?

And you'd still have to address why they are seen in other countries, and long before becoming a worldwide well-recognized subject.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
How many people wonder what gose on in Area 51?
Best smoke screen the US government ever prouduced nobody seems to question what gose on in other classified areas.

Are you serious? People camp outside the fence line at his place. Search on Area 51 on this here forum, then ask your self if people aren't interested in this place.

xpert11, not to sound too demeaning, but I think you are not fully informed. Take the suggestion of others and take a look at the Disclosure Project book.

Regards.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well obviously. Just think about it. Secularism has been growing in society greatly. The whole UFO phenomena has become a religion.

Keep the people distracted and you can get your job done. That's just common sense.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join