It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You "feel" Like Something Cataclysmic Is Imminent ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Something might happen in 2012.

No matter how pessimistic I might be, No I don't feel like something bad/cataclysmic 's going to happen. Something BAD is happening right now and will continue as long as bunch of inhumane short sighted people (if you can call them people) are in power.

As Mao Tse-Tung said:
"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."

A lot of bad things happened in the past,
A lot of bad things are happening now,
A lot of bad things will hapen in the future,
But, what is bad? Is killing innocent people for money and power bad?
Why does one really want power?

I guess we'll all learn, one way or another (or just one).

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
ooops. I hit a wrong button or something. Sorry.

[edit on 5/7/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well I think we are nearing it, but have got at least half a century till it gets here. I started a thread called The Miracle of Medjugorje, for those who dont know check it out. Here is the medjugorje website. Read and learn of the miracles that happen there.( I know Flyersfan knows about it and MiTo probably does too
)

Here is a very interesting quote from it:

What are contained in the "secrets" that Our Lady has given the visionaries?

We know very little about the secrets of Medjugorje. First, Our has Lady allowed the third secret to be known, which is: There will a permanent, indestructable, supernatural sign left at the place of Our Lady's first apparition in Medjugorje on the hill Podbrdo at the conclusion of the apparitions. Second, we know that an evil that faced the world, which was contained in the 7th secret was eliminated due to prayer and fasting. And lastly, we know that the 9th and 10th secrets are chastisements for the sins of the world. They can not be eliminated as the 7th secret but can be lessened by our prayers and fasting. Please also see our page: "Overview on Medjugorje"

Could that supernatural thing be the signal of the end of times, and could one of the secrets be the anti-christ? Why else would God send Mary to put a supernatural thing there if it was not?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I would have had a catastrophe if I had not stopped when I saw a deer casually crossing the road in front of me on a divided highway. I remember someone said, "if there's one, there's usually another". Sure enough, if I had not stopped in the middle of the highway, I would have hit a second deer that suddenly popped into the road. I even spotted a third but it must have sensed me or my bright headlights and took off away from me.

I suppose the month of May is normally a big month for tornadoes in the US. Give the weather a week or so and things might start popping back to normal. I guess it's only a catastrophe if it affects you. I've actually been underneath a tornado. I didn't see it but I definitely heard it. I must have been half asleep when it came because I had a really strange dream when that tornado came and left. I wonder how many people can claim they've been underneath a powerful tornado and within a dust devil. The dust devil I was in was extremely weak since it formed around me when I was walking.

I still don't sense anything catastrophic about to happen though.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
we are all doomed, but life will flourish again

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well I guess if you want something bad enough, eventually it will happen. Here is an imminent disaster unfolding upon us now.

www.atsnn.com...

Stock up on several years food and buy extra blankets and oil if you live in a northern location. Looks like the end of our way of life as we know it is going away. I still can't believe it. I will have to watch it unfold before I totally believe it is happening.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Well I guess if you want something bad enough, eventually it will happen. Here is an imminent disaster unfolding upon us now.

www.atsnn.com...

I have to agree that a dramatic climate change would be the most likely cataclysmic even facing mankind and our planet. In my opinion, this is right up there with a Killer Meteor or Asteroid striking the Earth. However, Climate Change is certainly a threat to our Planet and civilization that is demonstrably underway. My greatest fear is that the climate change will accelerate and cause climatic disruptions on a timeline that is much faster than previously thought. I keep thinking about the wooly mammoths found in siberia that had, upon dissection, green vegetable matter in their stomachs. This would imply that they were fast frozen! Could this happen to us? Soon?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

My greatest fear is that the climate change will accelerate and cause climatic disruptions on a timeline that is much faster than previously thought. I keep thinking about the wooly mammoths found in siberia that had, upon dissection, green vegetable matter in their stomachs. This would imply that they were fast frozen! Could this happen to us? Soon?

It's my opinion to be frozen that fast, there definitely was a very fast climate change. I believe such an extremely fast climate change was probably due to a pole shift where the artic areas and the equator shifted positions a bit dramatically. I've read this happens every once in a while. Hopefully not too soon though.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This thread originally began in May of 2005 and it bears witness to a consciousness that, collectively, senses that something...."something" is going to happen. And since May, we have had some serious events that have affected millions of people in the United States; Hurricanes Katrina and Rita have certainly made a considerable impact. But, I have to ask with some trepidation, Do you think that we even more to expect? Do you still feel that "something" is going to happen....something catastrophic?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiTo
No matter how pessimistic I might be, No I don't feel like something bad/cataclysmic 's going to happen. Something BAD is happening right now and will continue as long as bunch of inhumane short sighted people (if you can call them people) are in power.

Reminds me of a quote by a French philosopher, that translates into english as "Hell is the others."

This type of egoic mindframe is the reason that so much suffering exists in our world. It is the reason why all these so called "bad" things happen.

Fear is divorced from any true and immediate concrete danger. Rather than mentally lingering in the future why don't we accept the NOW?

[edit on 26/9/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
hmmmmmmm.....deep. Nevertheless, there is something undeniable called "intuition". You know, it's the little feeling in your head or heart that tells you to "take a different route to work" and you later find out that there was a big traffic jam. Or that same voice tells you not to take a certain flight and everyone ends up dead who took that flight. Modern lore is filled with that sort of thing. Of course, there is no way to really confirm this but, it is a feeling that many of us have experienced.

On the basis of simple intuition, do you feel that the US is out of the woods, weatherwise. The hurricane season ends on Nov. 30th, do you sense that there is still another storm or two with "our name on it"?
Or do you sense another cataclysm or catastrophe of an altogether different sort?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

hmmmmmmm.....deep. Nevertheless, there is something undeniable called "intuition". You know, it's the little feeling in your head or heart that tells you to "take a different route to work" and you later find out that there was a big traffic jam. Or that same voice tells you not to take a certain flight and everyone ends up dead who took that flight. Modern lore is filled with that sort of thing. Of course, there is no way to really confirm this but, it is a feeling that many of us have experienced.

On the basis of simple intuition, do you feel that the US is out of the woods, weatherwise. The hurricane season ends on Nov. 30th, do you sense that there is still another storm or two with "our name on it"?
Or do you sense another cataclysm or catastrophe of an altogether different sort?

I assume those questions were directed at me.

I think intuition, as you mentioned, is a deep seated knowing of the right action in THIS moment. I have never experienced a deep seated knowing of the details of a future moment, that is not to say that it cannot happen.

If anyone here has this ability then if you feel it is right please tell us the details...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
you know if everyone lived in the now we would all be dead because no one would ever concider preparing for possible accidents and the predictions of future catastrophic events like rappid temp drops, larger hurricanes, and astroids are all well within the realm of possibility for

example their are currently over 700 known potentialy hazerdous asteroids out their on passes the earth nearly every month each year so one of them collideing with annother asteroid could push it into us

as for the temperature drop its happening to day I remember when their was a transition between seasons their were things like fall and spring lately it seems as tho it goes right from summer to winter and back no significant transition period and well so far their have been 2 class 5 hurricanes in this year alone so if it gets any wors than that you just let me know ok

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I think it is both intuition and common sence. It is like watching a small child try to cary a big box of cereal, a gal. of milk that is half the size of him, a bowl, and a spoon. You know he will not make it to the table with out droping it. That is common sence. WE see everything that is going on around us and common sence tells us this will not be good, and our intuition backs it up by telling you to take what ever and get out of the way.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salanthus
you know if everyone lived in the now we would all be dead because no one would ever concider preparing for possible accidents and the predictions of future catastrophic events like rappid temp drops, larger hurricanes, and astroids are all well within the realm of possibility for

example their are currently over 700 known potentialy hazerdous asteroids out their on passes the earth nearly every month each year so one of them collideing with annother asteroid could push it into us

If everyone lived in the now we would certainly not be dead. To be in the now requires being alive...

Why are rapid temperature drops occuring now? It might be possible that it's because of human damage to the environment. Damage caused with an egoic mindframe of I don't care what happens as long as I am fulfilled.

To live in the now means to accept this moment. If we accept this moment we can prepare for future events; that could be the one thing we do now. Mentally lingering in a mind-made future where an asteroid collides with the Earth will not help. What will help is accepting the possiblity of this incident and NOW taking sensible action to prevent such an event.

[edit on 27/9/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The Mayans
The Hindu Vedas
The Biblical scholars
The Hopi, and many other Native American Nations.
The ancient Greeks
The Maori
The Australian Aborigines
Macro-Astrology
Scientific models showing unsustainable growth soon reaching crisis.
History's greatest prophets, like Edgar Cayce, etc.
Messages said to be from E.T.'s, told to their contactees, ie. Billy Meier.

All of these sources say that the time is near for something to happen.
The dates vary a bit, not much, and each source foretells a slightly different scenario. But all of them point to this generations' era as the one when the 'purification, cleansing, apocalypse, shift, end of the age, rapture, etc.' will occur.
Quite a coincidence indeed if in fact nothing notable takes place.
My personal favorite guess is a solar event that may include the sun becoming many times brighter for a short time, maybe a few hours, maybe a week. This has been observed to happen to other similar type stars, and it would likely fulfill the prediction that fire will be the cleanser this time.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I believe that if a cataclysm of some sort is to happen, it can be delayed but not stopped. In the Bible Code it talks about the End Of Days and that it would be stopped. What I mean is that the End of Days will come, but someone or something will stop this cataclysm or Apocolypse from happening.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If it's the "end of days" and stopped then it isn't "the end of days"; just another inconsistancy in the Bible.

I know one thing; the more I stay on ATS, the gloom and doom shadow falls on me like a wet blanket.

When I'm in a pub having a libation; I feel better. Adios!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What if the End Of Days cannot be stopped??? What if it can olny be delayed???

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A big earthquake will strike California and/or other places in the US but I believe that it will be at least a few years from now so I don't consider that to be imminent. Other big earthquakes will strike too but I don't have any sense of any of this being imminent. Hurricane season is starting to wind down so we are almost of the woods there although Florida looks a little bit vulnerable sticking out into those warm waters to the south. The most imminent disaster I foresee at the moment is the day to day struggle millions of people will be having trying to pay bills with the high cost of energy and some with their homes and jobs destroyed. The other disaster I can imagine is nuclear war in the middle east. If the Iranian president delivers on his vow to share weapons of mass destruction with his neighbors, it's probably just a matter of a few decades before some hot head starts using them. Hopefully we won't be using oil very much then because I don't think anyone wants radioactive oil. So to sum things up, I don't see any disaster as being imminent.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join