It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You "feel" Like Something Cataclysmic Is Imminent ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yes, all my life I have been fearless of anything, but now ~weather~ is so freaky, I cannot bear all the storms which have broken all recorded records.
Perhaps it is weather or something unrelated, but there is an BIG change coming soon.....

PS--How did this get in the news?:]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
PS--How did this get in the news?:]

It was never on ATSNN as it never got voted up.

This is www.atsnn.com... proper.

Just in the no man's land of ATSNN recent posts. Mod slip a while back moving from somewhere to somewhere. I found it and just stuck it in OCE for now.

We'll figure out where it was going later.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes indeed. Let's see why....

www.nytimes.com...

And...

www.foxnews.com...

The whales...

www.terradaily.com...

Let's see then we have terrorists,the ongoing war in Iraq, the earth seems to be going through major changes. Volcanoes, earthquakes, voilet thunderstorms,ect. The animals are acting strange.Chemtrails. The possibility of a nuclear war seems plausible. Then there would be another ice age.....
The religious standpoints...

Xanax anyone?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
A Round For The House

Originally posted by krt1967
Xanax anyone?

Make mine a triple, with a double bourbon chaser.

It's going to be a hell of a New Year's party.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm really glad that you started this post. I have been feeling this way for several years. I just feel like something bad is going to happen. I can just feel it, or sense it. Something really big. It's a little frustrating that I don't know what it is. I just pray that I will be worthy to escape the things coming upon the earth! Also, I have been writing down my dreams, because sometimes my "dreams of the future" happen later on.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I feel it too, and I think I know why. I think our civilization is on an unsustainable path, and we're beginning to really see the cracks brought on by overpopulation & our industrial way of life. Most people are in denial about this, but deep down, we know that this can't end well. So we wonder why we have this vague feeling of dread in our souls.

I believe humanity will survive, but we've got some rough times ahead. I recommend reading "Limits to Growth: The 30-Year Update" and also checking out the theory of peak oil.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Strange. I tuned into Coast to Coast AM, a popular overnight radio show in North America and on the internet; www.coasttocoastam.com and George Noorey was discussing recurrent dreams that he has been having along with a number of listeners who have contacted George. The dreams have been about tornadoes that are ripping through major urban areas in the American Midwest. Very strange, and timely (to coincide with this post).

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yes their is a Cataclysmic event Imminent...........look

[edit on 04/11/05 by Grey Fox]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I really don't feel like anything cataclysmic is immediately imminent, but I do feel that we are headed slowly for a state of world affairs that will result in cataclysm over time.

I really think that within the next 50 to 100 years there will be more minor attacks similar to September 11th, not only here, but in other places in the world as well. These attacks will cause economic damage as well as inflation from flat markets and lack of production. Soon, we and other members of the first world will stagnate into mediocrity, and then quickly slip into depression, economically and emotionally. Without our over-stimulated economy and lifestyle, we will be somewhat lost, but we will endure. We should revert into more of a second-world way of living, we will learn how to do more with less again, and in the end, we will eventually be better for it.

[edit]And to those people who say they've been feeling like something bad is about to happen for years...

Do you all feel somewhat vilified when something bad actually does happen? I don't know if you've ever heard about this thing called a gobal consciousness, and I don't know if it actually exists and acts as predicted, but I DO have a feeling that the emotions and thoughts that we all have do actually have an effect. Maybe not on the weather, but maybe on each other. Maybe if we tried NOT to feel like something bad was always going to happen, then less people WOULD feel like something bad was going to happen. Lets give it a try, shall we?

I imagine that people have been feeling this way for some time. What with all the major party religionists telling us that if we are wrong according to their brand of right, that we are going straight to hell to burn forever, and now with all the major news networks inundating us all with horrible news every day, and 7000 simulated murders, and untold number of other violent and negative acts in the mainstream media that we consider entertainment...

Well, I say we're making our own beds. And sleepwalking. Pay attention people!

[edit on 7-5-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I belive that strange events are happining with the SUN and for some odd reason I think the SUN's gravity has increased and it's drawning all the planets toward it like for example: the suppose Polar shift is really a orbital shift and we're closing in to the SUN as I type maybe that explains the crazy weather. and the Sun looking brighter everyday!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
No i definitly feel that something cataclysmic will happen that will help straighten out the morals of mankind. It will help lose that me me me attitude that everyone seems to be getting. It is truly saddening.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
A Round For The House

Originally posted by krt1967
Xanax anyone?

Make mine a triple, with a double bourbon chaser.

It's going to be a hell of a New Year's party.

Ya know I think these little dudes are a must. I am stockpilling now for the future disasters of the world. Who knows when they will get around to re-making popular drugs for those of us that suffer so from "believing too many ats posts" most commonly and better known as a panic disorder....

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I believe the weather is as calm as I am. So far in the US the number of tornadoes is way below average this year. I believe the total number of tornadoes this year so far is only 44. Last year we had 1,722 tornadoes.
www.stormchaser.com...
(2005 Tornado count is visible about halfway down on the left.)

I still don't feel anything cataclysmic is imminent. I don't even feel that upset at anyone at the moment either. That may be strange though. I'd never thought I would not be upset at Star Trek getting cancelled. That might have something to do with a bad time slot opposite to popular Sci-Fi shows and a format too much like Captain Picard caution and non interference versus a style more like Captain Kirk ready to attack first and ask questions later. I did enjoy the last few shows of Star Trek in the alternate universe.

Will NK nuke itself by accident? We may get to see. I just hope they don't release a bunch of radiation into the atmosphere. If that happened, I don't see that as anything cataclysmic except for the people of NK.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
My husband and I both have been feeling this way for quite a while. Although we are not sure what it will be weather, war, etc. We are also not sure when this will occur. Still could be some time before it happens. Interesting theories so far.

I will share at the risk of sounding like a bit of a kook that we have both been having dreams of this. They are not the same. He has been having dreams of a natural disaster. He states he ends up in the downtown area, actually the University area of the major city near us, and there are walls of water destroying the area, and everyone is trying to find a safe place. The first dream was a week before the tsunami, and he was truly freaked out by the dream and tsunami. He wakes up completely soaked and shaking.

I have been having dreams which started before his, and I am also in the same area of the city. My dreams are different though. There are many of us trying to hide from police/army type people. We are always running down to the freeway's, and trying to hide under overpasses as they shoot at us...sometimes with rubber bullets, sometimes with some sort of taser type thing.

We both find it strange that in our dreams we are in the same area of the city. We are in the midwest, but no tornado dreams, although those are common for me and have been since I was a child. I think I should have been a storm chaser!

Anyway....I guess we all just wait and see.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I went to the dr for the upcoming cataclysmic event- No sense in worrying whatever is left of my life away without a little help

I'm going clear across the states again and that makes me nervous.

Here's hoping for the best.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I've always had a feeling that I would die young, and that the end of the world is near. If you're Christian then I think you should realize that there has probably never been a better time for Christ to return and cleanse this Earth of its filth and evil.

Everytime I bring any of this "end of the world" crap up to my girlfriend she gets all upset and tells me to stop. I don't think enough people realize how serious and dangerous the times we live in really are.

Usually when I have feelings like this I'm right. I always thought my dad would die young, and so did he. He died a few years ago at age 48. I have the same feelings about myself. I just hope I'm wrong about all of this, but if I'm right I hope that Jesus Christ knows what a good person I strive to be! lol TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Rasputin, not many people are interested in this subject or able to speak about it or care. Can i talk to my family about this?
I did once and they started calling me Henny Penny (the sky is falling)...Its still a joke in the family...
Do i care? no. I laugh right along with them...whatever...To be living in this world at this time and not have the slightest notion or feeling of some doom or retribution is just being in denial or just plain existing.

We feel the doom, but on the other hand, what they say is true. Ignorance is really bliss. I worry and they dont. I wish i could change my gut feelings and be happy too.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
My personal favorite though would be the unauthorized release, and subsequent DNA testing of an artifact from the Vatican vaults identified by the Church as containing the blood of Jesus. It turns out to be "not quite human".

Their have been many Eucharistic miracles though out the church's history.
One very famous one is Lanciano Italy. The Eucharist turned into blood
and tissue. Testing revealed it was HUMAN blood and the tissue was
human heart tissue. The Catholic faith fully believes in transubstantiation
where the host becomes the body and blood of Christ during the Mass.
Some of the Eucharistic miracles have undergone scientific testing and
have been revealed to be human blood. I think the blood is type O in
(universal doner) but I'm not sure on that.

There have been some fakes take place which the church condemns.
But of those that are 'approved' ... some have been tested. I had the
honor of seeing one in Betania Venezuela. We have a copy of a home
video of it happening (not to us ... to others). When we were in
Caracas (at the time of the OJ Simpson murders) we traveled to a
convent that houses the Eucharistic Miracle relic. It's behind a thick
glass case. I was able to get right up next to it and view it. Very
interesting. Pink blood stains on the host. Not old and brown, but
pink, like it was fresh even though this miracle happened years ago.

If anyone is intereted ... google up Betania Venezuela Eucharistic
Miracle.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
The dreams have been about tornadoes that are ripping through major urban areas in the American Midwest.

It's May. May is the BIG tornado season. Everyone knows that.
The people in the midwest know it. I lived in Alabama for 8 years
and I learned that very quickly. I don't know if those dreams are
'prophecy' or just the subconcious knowing what time of year it
is and projecting that into dreamland.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightowl
I feel it too, and I think I know why. I think our civilization is on an unsustainable path, and we're beginning to really see the cracks brought on by overpopulation & our industrial way of life. Most people are in denial about this, but deep down, we know that this can't end well. So we wonder why we have this vague feeling of dread in our souls.

agreed,
that could be the more eloquent analysis...Nightowl

i am inclined to share that explaination with another one which goes back to the primal and instinctive defences.
->our ancestors anticipated cave-bears or sabre tooth tigers in those unexplored places where they wished to stake a claim.
->as youngsters, we might have imagined ogres under the bed or trolls in the dark closets

in much the same way, our more grownup brains juggle all the information we are conscious of/ aware of....so that, in preparation for unknown possibilities we imagine the worst,
its a usefull thing we call anticipation... stripped down,
add the spices of horror, dread, and you are creating positive & usefull fiction, which may be shared

Which may be what DeltaChaos' post is speaking about,
that collective conscious?
and how we could eliminate those ?sinister? occurrances by just not dwelling on them or giving them substance,
That would/might be good or nice in some respects,,,,but,,, i'd sure miss
those 'the end is near' prophets in the public parks or stories and news of the doomsday cults selling their homes, quitting jobs, pilgrimming to some sacred mountain to be 'wisked up' by ETs or supernatural forces...etc etc

[edit on 7-5-2005 by St Udio]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join