It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You "feel" Like Something Cataclysmic Is Imminent ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
More and more often, it seems, I find myself drawn into conversations where the concept of a global cataclysm, of some sort, is brought up. Whether it is apocalyptic, Biblical or religious in nature or something in the line of Supervolcanoes, Mega-Tsunamis or Giant Asteroids, this is a concept that seems to be an undercurrent in our collective psyches. You see it in the media; in movies and television. You read about it in popular and science fiction. You certainly hear it from various religious denominations and sects. Do you think something...do you feel that something is imminent? What?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
In fact, I was obsessed with the idea....until Sept. 11th....that seemed to be what the dreams had always been about afterall maybe.

Apocalyptic nightmares are pretty common, though. That certainly doesn't mean it's imminent.

People have always had a sense of impending doom. It's one of the things that makes us human. We know that the end is coming for us someday, only natural to think it's coming for all I suppose.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I didn't answer your question well.

Yes, I do feel that something is imminent.

I don't think that there is any validity to it though, because it is based on dreams. That's not a position I can defend...ya ken?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yes I do. Another asteroid will surely change life on Earth, perhap's even before nuclear disaster happens.

Dallas

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't feel anything catastrophic is imminent at this moment. I'm feeling very calm and relaxed. I'd feel perfectly comfortable taking a vacation and relaxing in the sun if I had time. I'm not sure how long this feeling will last though. It does seem a bit unusual for me to feel so calm for so long. Maybe the question should be do you the author of this thread feel something is imminent?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
yeah , but it's my job

I ticked off the wrong guy and he's out for my butt

haven't had a viscious attack like this , in quite a while. it is very disturbing.

sorry for the drift into my part of the universe....

but to answer your question....only when I read on related material

and my advisor has been harping about another market thing . ...but...

naw , the disaster I sense, is too many people are missing the STUFF we're kicking around here , and they don't see any problems.

but then again...I don't think they've stepped back and taken a really hard look at what is going on , cuz they're too bloody busy...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
In a word, Yes.

The exact nature of the "event" may never be known, in fact the disaster may have already occured and we just don't know about it yet.

My Feeling is that the TRUE cataclysm is/will be our reaction to the consequences of the event: will a terrorist use of a WMD result in a true Holy War? Perhaps OPEC will announce that their reserves will only last another twenty years, leaving the "Free World's" oil supply in the control of Russia and China...Martial law/ Panic? Political upheaval?

My personal favorite though would be the unauthorized release, and subsequent DNA testing of an artifact from the Vatican vaults identified by the Church as containing the blood of Jesus. It turns out to be "not quite human".

Imagine the the uproar!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
In a word, Yes.

My personal favorite though would be the unauthorized release, and subsequent DNA testing of an artifact from the Vatican vaults identified by the Church as containing the blood of Jesus. It turns out to be "not quite human".

Imagine the the uproar!
Wow Bhadhidar....that's certainly an original concept, at least it is for me. It's a thought that I simply never even considered and, ironically, it would sort of be in keeping with the prophecy of St. Malachy and even the third secret of Fatima. Fascinating concept

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

In a word, Yes.

Imagine the the uproar!
Wow Bhadhidar....that's certainly an original concept, at least it is for me. It's a thought that I simply never even considered and, ironically, it would sort of be in keeping with the prophecy of St. Malachy and even the third secret of Fatima. Fascinating concept

I'm not sure it would send an uproar through Christianity. We have no DNA for aliens, so any DNA of Jesus would be thought of as DNA of God.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
DNA testing might not change much. It would definitely be a big topic of conversation. I believe Jesus even said that his kingdom was not of this Earth didn't he? Therefore I believe this unlikely event would not be catastrophic either if it ever happened.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
One event that would be catastrophic if it ever happened would be the so called rapture. Just imagine if it was explained to everyone left that huge motherships came and abducted millions of Americans and millions of people from across the planet for who knows what purposes? If a billion people were "abducted" overnight, this would be a huge blow to the people left and the global economy. You wouldn't know when the next wave might come so people might be in fear afterwards. Just imagine horror stories of alien abductions where people get harvested as if they are food. If that ever happened, it would be catastrophic to the people left. I don't believe this is about to happen so I guess someone just got me thinking about what if disasters.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I felt that something was going to happen for a long time. Then I started on Prozac, and that seemed to help for a while. But that feeling started coming back. So I added a bit of Olanzapine and Trazodone and that seemed to work. But if all else fails......... Drink Scotch On The Rocks. The feelings will pass

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I've felt this feeling of impending cataclysm for some time now. It really began to "peak" with JPII's death and the succession of Benedict XVI. I'm not saying that they are the cataclysm..on the contrary..but, my feeling was/is that these events had to occur before the big "whatever" will happen. It's pretty muddled in my own mind. But, the feeling is definately there.
joey

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

In a word, Yes.

Imagine the the uproar!

Thank you! As they say "I gotta a million of 'em" !

One of the most important things we must always remember when dealing with "Prophesy" or "Precognition" is that the event "Seen" is best likened to a temporal snapshot....it captures an image, but not the context in which the image occurs. Hence, "The End of The World" as prophesied maybe no more than the end of the world as the Seer knows it! In this context, merely the "end" of the Roman Catholic faith.

Of course, casting 1.1 Billion souls adrift with their dog-ma potentially shattered could have almost cat-aclysmic effects on the rest of the world society. But, then again, is not a good catechism designed and bred to survive the occasional cataclysm?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yes i do- so, we're packing and moving to Massachusetts to be with our loved ones. We leave the first week of June..Hope thats not too late

Whatever it is, it will be man made..I dont think God is quite ready to wipe us off the earth yet..

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

In a word, Yes.

Imagine the the uproar!

I'm not sure it would send an uproar through Christianity. We have no DNA for aliens, so any DNA of Jesus would be thought of as DNA of God.

HMMMM...

Human science proves that God is an Alien Life-form , and therefore, by definition, Not Divine, that has impregnated a Human (possibly against her will?) who produced a viable (if probably, sterile) offspring (Sorry, Dale Brown!). And this does not send an uproar through Christandom, while the possibility that a same-sex couple might be granted basic social rights somehow threatens the foundations of civilization? Ummmmm...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Is This News?

I'm not one to point fingers regarding topicality. No wait, I am. Sorry for the confusion.

But is this an ATSNN topic?

This seems more like BTS material.

But for what it's worth, I'm thinking Something Big in mid-December 2005.

And there is major stuff underway in the realms of darkness, but I can't sense what.

But again, this really isn't ATSNN material, is it?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
No, it really isnt, dang it. Is this news?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Not at all, life will go on. I feel there will be economic difficulties and some suffering ahead but nothing we won't complain about to our grandchildren...."back in the great crash of 08 we were grateful to have a roof over our heads..you kids don't respect notin!"...etc..etc..

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's back where it belongs.

[edit on 6/5/05 by Roadscholar]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join