It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Boxes on Google Maps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There are few military bases that have black boxes covering them in google maps. They are just plain black boxes like if you put a piece of electrical tape on a photo. If the Military let's google show A-51 sat. images than why hide other bases?

One black box is 5 miles s.e. of Delta Junction, Alaska. If you maps.google search for Delta Junction, AK. and zoom out a couple notches and scroll down and right you'll see it.
maps.google....
It covers Ft. Greely and all of it's installations completely, including a runway large enough for C-5 galaxy's to land. Ft. Greely also has a nuclear reactor and approx. 5 miles of underground tunnels. Until 2001 it was a cold weather testing center and a test ground for bio/chem weapons. Now they have the Ballistic Missile Defense system there, but I think it's really a new N.O.R.A.D. or similar as well.

If you look up Ft. Greely at globalsecurity.org they say the base is closing and that the airfield is being leased to a private company. But on other sites it says the base just got 5 miles of steel-reinforced concrete bunkers able to withstand nuclear attack in 2001. And if you go to the official ft. greely homepage it just says it's home to space and misslie defense, no base pics or unit patches. Another site said part of the reason we dropped out of the ballistic missile treaty was because that base put the U.S. way outside of compliance.

www.astronautix.com...

www.globalsecurity.org...

www.usarak.army.mil...

Has anyone else found any of these black boxes covering any bases? I saw that one at Ft. Greely and another 2 in CA. but I can't remember the base names.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
That's interesting. Obviously somewhere along the line it's been dicussed that satellite photos of that area are to be masked.

Here's a direct link to what your post is about:
LINK

There are no maps for that area on TerrerServer and Google has it blacked out.

Good find. Anyone?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I would say if anything, they are protecting the images of the missle defense systems.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You're probably right Dulcimer, that makes sense, but how do we know for sure? They put a huge black box over the image. I still think they're building more there then silos. It's so remote and so unknown, they could do whatever they want there. I think it's gonna be a new N.O.R.A.D., the cheyanne mountain complex is getting past it's prime. Plus they got a nuclear reactor there, could be a new nuke weapon plant aswell, although I think I read that the nuclear reactor is offline.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
What about all the blurring and blacking in washington dc ?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
and what about the green blurred boxes over some areas -- my house is right under one of those green blurry areas??? You can see that there is stuff under the green but not what it is.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yeah it's the same big black box there too, just move south and east of the town......if you look it up on any of the maps sites it's that way. Heres alink to the box.

mapmachine.nationalgeographic.com...,61.439898,-139.825605,62.745944&size =l&poilayers=Country%20Profile%3A%3AF

Not a big conspiracy or anything, but frustrating because I'm curious to see what our billion are paying for there. Missile silos......probably.....but there was an awefull lot of tunneling there, I still think it's more.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The image that I posted was actually Ft. Greely, I thought that was where everyone was seeing the black box, maybe my mistake?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
yeah that image was Delta Junction, the town north of the base. I was looking for pics of closed airbases and bombing ranges because I read about detainees from the war in afghanistan being seceretly held at some closed bases in the N.W. area of the U.S., didn't find much though.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

That's interesting. Obviously somewhere along the line it's been dicussed that satellite photos of that area are to be masked.

Here's a direct link to what your post is about:
LINK

There are no maps for that area on TerrerServer and Google has it blacked out.

I find it interesting that the blacked out area crosses the U.S. / Canadian border. If this is a military base, why would half of it be in the U.S. and the other half be in Canada?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So our government has things that they don't want us to see, big deal.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by looking4truth
Plus they got a nuclear reactor there, could be a new nuke weapon plant aswell, although I think I read that the nuclear reactor is offline.

They do....

Where did you find this out at.

My handlers are eager for the info.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here is another one:

White Sands missile base

And what are one circles doing in the middle? I've seen then on some Area 51 aerial photos as well.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Zoom in on those circles - they are obviously irrigated fields to grow crops. As for the black boxes, they are typically just errors that occur when the satellite image mosaics are being pieced together. Sometimes they aren't, though, I think.

EDIT: The line in the first link looks to be obviously redacted, but the box in the last link appears on the edge of two parts of the satellite mosaic, so I don't think it's the same situation.

Zip

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hey guys i found a base in australia that looked kind of strange
Australia base

top topics

join