posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:42 AM
Aaah, I once did everything correctly, followed all the safety measures, took every precaution, and despite all of that, I felt a tingle when I
touched the electrical box. So.... out came my meter, and 'flash', blinded for a while, the wire lead on my meter was gone right down to my index
finger and thumb, hand black, black splotch on the wall, and the whole offices power was out. It was later explained to me how it had happened, after
I asked at least half a dozen electricians.... But the upshot, I blew a 200 amp fuse installing a 1 amp transformer on a receptacle that had both the
breakers for it turned off.
Nobody else has ever said they had that happen.