It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch government to arrest George W. Bush: Squashed!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Dutch court recently shot down an attempt to force the Dutch government to arrest George W Bush. (read about it here). Apparantly, the court in Hague turned down a demand by liberal left-wing plaintiffs who wanted to strong-arm the Dutch government into arresting US President George W. Bush when he visits the Netherlands this weekend.

They also said the president is responsible for the deaths of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq and Washington's refusal to recognize the International Criminal Court (ICC), the world's first permanent war crimes court.

Finally, a country with some cohones willing to stand up throwing the ICC book at the "untouchable" world police team America! Too bad the controlled court system has the ultimate power to OVER RULE!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sounds like a copycat from that canadian joke thing a while back, id actualy love to see this happen, it would give us a good reason to test out some more bombs.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
But sadly, this ain't cahones:

'In the judgement, the court said that the case was political and that the demands "could have far-reaching consequences for US-Dutch relations". '

Attempting to arrest a POTUS, no matter how criminal, could be construed as an act of war by an administration bent on self-destruction and the eradication of diplomacy.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
But sadly, this ain't cahones:

'In the judgement, the court said that the case was political and that the demands "could have far-reaching consequences for US-Dutch relations". '

Attempting to arrest a POTUS, no matter how criminal, could be construed as an act of war by an administration bent on self-destruction and the eradication of diplomacy.

Don't stop there. Attempting to arrest a POTUS could be construed as an act of war by any administration.

Cojones aren't involved here. There was no chance that their antics would succeed. This is just a lame attempt by left-wing radicals and activists to get their faces in the news.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
With all those military bases located in Germany. I wonder if the Dutch would even get a chance to say "uh.." before they were obliterated by the US retaliation.

Why are the world police team Bush America above the ICC law?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
syntaxer, I think the proper question you should be asking is, why can't George Bush be arrested as a political prisoner by the ICC since some people disagree with his politics and want to have him arrested.

The US opted out of the ICC, so as a result we are not bound by their laws.

If Bush should be arrested for this, then Chirac should be arrested when he comes to the US for obstruction of justice.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
OK someone please do me a favor...

Tell me...

Do you honestly foresee the President walking off AF1 and watching as Dutch cops simply "push" the highly trained and armed Secret Service agents away so they can arrest him?

Gosh, that won't cause a problem.

How about mixing a pinch of Reality with this recipe?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This kind of lunatic charges are the exact reason that the ICC is failing. Even the peopel that run it have said that they're looking to prosecute real war criminals, not members of the bush administration.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer

Finally, a country with some cohones willing to stand up throwing the ICC book at the "untouchable" world police team America! Too bad the controlled court system has the ultimate power to OVER RULE!

You can't be shortsighted enough to really want to see this happen, can you? First, it would destroy the EU that you are so enamored with.

Understand that the U.S. would most likely not seek a diplomatic solution to the President being arrested by another country.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So.. are you saying that if an international court decided that the prez was guilty of warcrimes and had him arrested, we would just destroy the whole country that was holding him? And then the other countries that belong to that organization?

I think I understand the difference between the US and North Korea now.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ermm, no mythatsabigprobe.
Why?
Cause there would not be no "had him arrested".
No "country that was holding him" destroyed.
Problem solved.
This is not a "what if" scenerio.

seekerof

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
haha, that would have been hysterical. The Dutch would have been f'd. Even the liberals here would be outraged that a country would DARE to arrest our leader. The US would just walk right through them, and don't think that the US wouldn't have allies. Good call by the court, and easy call by them too.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
haha, that would have been hysterical. The Dutch would have been f'd. Even the liberals here would be outraged that a country would DARE to arrest our leader. The US would just walk right through them, and don't think that the US wouldn't have allies. Good call by the court, and easy call by them too.

yea, even if we all hate bushco i think many americans would be outrage by this if they do arrest our prestident, like you said even those liberals would be saying something about it. the government would just gain a lot of support from americans.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
of course they would. It would be very disrespectful to this country. It would be like spitting in our face. Honestly, what American wouldn't be outraged, I think we should take a poll on this. Tell me if you are liberal or conservative or whatever else, and then tell me if you would be angry!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
of course they would. It would be very disrespectful to this country. It would be like spitting in our face. Honestly, what American wouldn't be outraged, I think we should take a poll on this. Tell me if you are liberal or conservative or whatever else, and then tell me if you would be angry!

As a liberal libertarian registered as an independent voter, I would feel great if Bush was arrested by anybody, even the Dutch. The man is basically a free roaming premeditated mass murderer. By lying to the American public and the world concerning the threat of another nation and then sending troops off on a non-defensive attack, he squandered our military, resources, but most of all the lives of untold thousands of people who did not need to die or be maimed. There needs to be accountability and it won't happen.

Accountability for our official wrongdoings plus a clean sweep of those involved in these criminal actions needs to take place if the U.S. federal government is to have any credibility in seeing that truth and justice is carried out. New leaders with non-criminal intent need to govern the United States, not the current batch of now exposed liars.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Do you honestly foresee the President walking off AF1 and watching as Dutch cops simply "push" the highly trained and armed Secret Service agents away so they can arrest him?

Gosh, that won't cause a problem.

How about mixing a pinch of Reality with this recipe?

Have you ever seen the Dutch ME before?? Those men are beasts. I think even their horses use steroids...

They might beat the crap out of the secret service agents.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
^^
exactly

plus bush has some sort of escape pod around at all times..

I think the idea of arresting him is more important than actually doing it.
Thats a big statement just to even consider doing something like that, so
the Dutch made a statement by merely convening and deciding on it.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
So.. are you saying that if an international court decided that the prez was guilty of warcrimes and had him arrested, we would just destroy the whole country that was holding him? And then the other countries that belong to that organization?

I think I understand the difference between the US and North Korea now.

[sarcasim]
That is pretty much how it would work. It is ok for us to arrest leaders of other countries but we are above the law and international law doesn't apply to us. Or so we think.

[/sarcasim]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The cristian Dutch government is a loyal puppetdog to the corpo.... er.. the american government, American exxon, royal dutch shell and Brityish BP pretty much decide what happens around the globe...

The Dutch are a faithfull ally for they will always follow the money...They will complain about human rights from time to time but always can be persuaded with cash, like the Swiss...

The Dutch government is a bit silent (unlike the Brittains) and not bragging about their american partnership, because the dutch want to keep trading with countries like iran etc nd simply do not have the army to insult large countries or attract a wave of terrorists..

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Silenus]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Any Americans feeling outraged by this; now you know what others feel when a foreign country starts messing you around.

Now imagine it's not the vague possibility of an arrest-order on your president you are mad about, but the death of your 5 year old daughter, killed by an invading army.

Ask yourself; would you care whether they had international law on their side or not? Whether your previous leader was a good man or an evil dictator?

Funny thing is, I reckon the people who is most outraged by the attempt to get an arrest order on Bush, is the same people with the least sympathy for outraged Iraqis...

[edit on 7/5/05 by gekko]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join