What IS the Best Country In The World?

page: 1

join

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm an American so, it is almost natural for me to say that the US is the "best country in the world" but I've lived in Canada and I certainly hold this Northern giant in great esteem. In fact, in recent years past, Canada was voted for several years straight as the "best country in the world". It would be easier for me to flip a coin than to choose between these two great countries. But, if I had to pick one country, I would still have to say that the best country in the world is the United States of America. What about you? What's your choice for this ranking?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't hold national boundaries with any esteem at all.

Never used to like John Lennon's "Imagine", but it can kind of grow on you.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
New Zealand, of course!

Land of everything non-nuclear and land of everything that is GREEN

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Japan! Man, that place has great TV! Nothing beat Japanese tv, NOTHING! Also, the night life is 10x better then American nightlife, cause it seems round eyes,(foreigners) usually treat women better then the Japanese men do, so they see white, they go nuts!(never been, just stuff on tv, books, documentaries, chatting with them, so forth.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Wow James. You certainly operate under a different set of criteria than I do. And, once again it seems that I have to defer to a standard that I hadn't even considered when I started this topic. Man, at times you can be sooooo right.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Brazil.

Even if with all problems there, its so far the best place ive been.

imo.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Scotland.

Of course, nationalism is a dead end and we're all pathetic for thinking otherwise.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think all countries are equa even though I'm American.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well as a Canadian I would have to say the country voted #1 in the world more than once. You guessed it Canada. Another country would be where my heritage started in the Netherlands.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Japan! Man, that place has great TV! Nothing beat Japanese tv, NOTHING! Also, the night life is 10x better then American nightlife, cause it seems round eyes,(foreigners) usually treat women better then the Japanese men do, so they see white, they go nuts!(never been, just stuff on tv, books, documentaries, chatting with them, so forth.

Ahhhhh...

Take it from someone who lives in Japan, the TV here is the WORST in the world. The shows regulary shown overseas are either from 20 years ago or from some obscure cable channel.

The national broadcasters are responsible for some of the most mind-numbingly boring and pointless drivel ever created. Where else can you have commercials masquerading as documentaries (e.g. Salt is good for your health!! - sponsored by Japan salt), game shows where the salaried "talent" are the contestants (Imagine "Who wants to be a millionaire" with Britney Spears as a contestant AND she doesn't give the money to charity!!! What a joke!!).

Having said that, it is a lovely country. The people are nice and polite, the weather is varied, snowboarding in the winter, surfing in the summer, the crime rate is so low as to be non-existant by western standards.

And yes, being a roundy-eyed foreigner is handy when on the pull and Japanese women are the best girlfriends/wives!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanse_nz
New Zealand, of course!

Land of everything non-nuclear and land of everything that is GREEN

Yeah, but there is still a slave trade in Australia. :shk: That was the one thing stopping us from going besides money. Australia, I'm ashamed of you!
:shk: :shk: :shk: :shk: :shk: :shk: :shk: :shk::shk: :shk: :shk: :shk: :shk: :shk: :shk:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
In the vast collective understanding of BTS, New Zealand remains a suburb of Melbourne.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
What? You don't like Catch a Midget? You don't like completely asinine shows that are so crappy they are funny? Of course, I like them cause I find them funny, like Schindler's List or Anne Franks Diary, hilarious to me cause they are so messed up, I mean, in AFD one of them ate the pet kitty! Poor kitty, oh yeah, and the jews get massacered, but the kitty!

Also, in Schnidler's List you have the scene where a building is being raided by the Nazis looking for Jews and they are shooting/killing everyone but one Nazi sits there and plays a piano.

Man, I wanna go to Japan, cause like I said, apparently Americans treat women better then Japanese men, and our money is worth more, and other attributes that American(white Americans) have "more" of.(hehehe)

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

What? You don't like Catch a Midget? You don't like completely asinine shows that are so crappy they are funny?

Dude, I would love to see a show like Catch a Midget/Takehashi's Castle or any other insane Japanese game show you may have seen in the US. Read my post again!!! These shows are hardly ever shown on Japanese TV!! They stopped making them 15 odd years ago!

It is either cooking/eating shows, dramas with the worst over-acting imaginable or "Wide" shows, where talentless "Talento" sit around and nod and exclaim their agreement to whatever drivel the mc comes up with.

Japanese TV is B.A.D.

Man, I wanna go to Japan, cause like I said, apparently Americans treat women better then Japanese men

True enough, but remember a lot of Japanese women (or indeed anyoe)would view you as an big, fat, uncivilized, loud, uncouth barabarian Gaijin. Not you personally, by the way!!! All foreigners.

and our money is worth more,

As I picked myself up off the floor after this, as George Galloway would say, schoolboy howler, I just began to wonder how much about Japan you really think you know??? It's not still like the aftermath of WWII you know. Japanese people are probably better off than a lot of Americans as a whole. Unless of course you are a multi-millionaire, in which case I take it all back!!!

and other attributes that American(white Americans) have "more" of.(hehehe)

I take it you are referring to the myth that Japanese men are not all that well endowed. Take it from me that a generation of growing up with Western diet and foods has been kind to the stature of your average Japanese man's best little friend. Again, if you are in fact Italian or otherwise well endowed in the trouser department, I take it back....

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
In the vast collective understanding of BTS, New Zealand remains a suburb of Melbourne.

WTYF? has NZ got to do with Australia? And what slave trade? kids in mcdonalds? ??????/

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Last I checked the dollar is worth more then the Yen...

And yes, the Japanese are known to be the "largest" of the asians, and strangely enough unlike what America/iditos claim, asians do not look the same. You can tell the dif. between a chinese and a japanese, or vietmanese. Eye slant, height, cheek structure, all dead giveaways for what nationality they are, same with whites, the dif. between say, a frenchie and a Dutch.

Gaijin? I always thought it was spelled Gajin, of course, I thought desu had no u in it for a long time till a book I got had it and proved that a u is in it. And your point? No one likes foreingers, even if they the same color, like Americans and the French, or Americans and the Canadians, or Americans and the British, or basically Americans and anyone else.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   

America/iditos
------------------

No one likes foreingers, even if they the same color, like Americans and the French, or Americans and the Canadians, or Americans and the British, or basically Americans and anyone else.

Wow, I'm sorry you have such a distorted view of America
. Most of the people I talk to, even the intolerant people don't really have much of a problem with foreigners. I like foreigners. I mean sure I make Canadian and French jokes to piss of P.C. people sometimes, but those are just in fun. That, and America has the highest immigration rate of any country. Yeah, we really hate foreigners, huh?

I also apologize if I read your post wrong. It's late, and I'm tired.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

America/iditos
------------------

No one likes foreingers, even if they the same color, like Americans and the French, or Americans and the Canadians, or Americans and the British, or basically Americans and anyone else.

It may very well be, but not by enough to have Japanese women wetting their knickers in excitement. While money is a major factor in what Japanese women want in a man, money/high salaries is what they want in marriage material as oppossed to one-night stands. One-night stands with foreigners may just be for fun!

Originally posted by Herman

Wow, I'm sorry you have such a distorted view of America
That, and America has the highest immigration rate of any country. Yeah, we really hate foreigners, huh?

I also apologize if I read your post wrong. It's late, and I'm tired.

Yes, you may have read it wrong, I don't think anyone was attacking America, so relax. Sleep tight!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am going to take over the world and make it a country. It will be the best country ever. Partys every day!

new topics
top topics

join