It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draft Weight requirments.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
We know American is Fat and getting Fatter.

What happens to the 350 LBS indeviduals that get called on if there is a draft.

would the Military actually take them for infantry. I dont think any, not even an NFL football player could hold up to the training.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There was a case, in the physical aspect, that kept a 320 lb man from getting in because he was over weight. Even though it was all muscle and nothing could be done to waiver his situation. There are different requirements for all the branches, and they apply for general recruitment or draft. No rules bent, the selection process isn't perfect, but it does the job.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They didnt allow my brother who is 250 lbs in the marines.

I just wanted to know if being fat is the new way to dodge the draft?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Whats up with all these draft threads as of late... Something happen that i dont know about?

Anyway, the military has a hieght/weight/age chart i would assume if they need you bad enough, (The world was ending) and you fit the bill for everything save the weight, then you would be put into a weight program then when ya met the requirements, theyd put ya into basic, but i highly doubt anything would get so bad theyd need to draft fat people and make them loose weight...

I can see it now, few years down the road, the draft comes, and the cowards start eating so they dont have to go fight

[edit on 5-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
yeah what's with the draft threads, I'm begining to think about my little brother alot now....

on topic a few years ago back in college a friend of a friend had to go into a special weight program in order to join the marines, after about 2 months kid came back looking like a gladiator, he was just out of shape and slightly overweight, 6'1 or so, flabby and 220-230+, he went on straight to boot camp after that and never really knew what came of him this was a year or 2 before 9/11 we went to school 2 blocks from the WTC.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It isn't just being fat, it is a height and weight standard. If one doesn't reach, or exeeds that required standard, they are not eligible.

So in a way your right, however not exactly so. Super skinny people with no meat on their bones can dodge the draft also. However I do not advise over eating, bulimia and or anorexia as a way to avoid anything. Some people are well suited for the military life but don't enlist, those are the ones any draft or recruters target.

As for those who are willing but not able, there are non "Armed Forces Of The United States", available. I'm speaking of the people who decided toorganise as apart of state militia, see minutemen for a united peoples front. Or even state or federal park, being a county ranger of the forest service is something I did just prior to my enlistemnt. It wasn't anything gunho, bit it did make a difference being out in the woods. Some body has to do it, and every one working together makes the difference.

Military, police, neighbor hood watch, volunteer red cross, school zone crossing guards are all everyone.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
this is a copy-cat thread...

look at mine:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

what if the drafted person is very overweight for example???

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
this is a copy-cat thread...

look at mine:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

what if the drafted person is very overweight for example???

Would you link that please? It would make things a bit easier.
Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
my thread's link...

sry about that...

usually it workes fine that way for me...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
why would i copoy a thread i didnt know about

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perricone
why would i copoy a thread i didnt know about

it is a common mistake...

but the T&C's say that this thread should be closed...

i mean, my thread is just like your's and mine was made first...

new topics

top topics

join