It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Had A Time Machine...What event would you want to see in the past?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
oh yeah i'd go waaaaaaay back in time and i'd spank some prehistoric monkeys!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
oh yeah i'd go waaaaaaay back in time and i'd spank some prehistoric monkeys!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The real qeustion I have for you Lysergic is, why would you do something like that?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would go back to London, in the late 1890's and find out who that Jack the Ripper was.
But instead of travelling back, I would really love an invention such as a medium pocket sized transistor where you are able to enter a year, date, time and location, and this transistor then actually shows you that event on its screen. From then you can manipulate the camera angle, zoom in and out and just watch the whole event take place like a movie. Unedited and uncut.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
You need a reason? BAH! For the sheer thrill of monkey spanking!

Then I'd go around and eat all the endangered animals, before they were endangered.

Then I'd go back to when the primordial ooze was just forming and I'd hock a monster loogie.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Like any normal person, I'd go back and watch my own birth!
Hey, I'm just kidding.

But there are too many events and timeframes that I'd want to see, so I can't pick one.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
Like any normal person, I'd go back and watch my own birth!

Somehow, for some reason, seeing one's own birth would raise some major emotional issues. For instance "eeeewwwww", that's my MOM! and double ewwwwww....that's ME! No I definitely don't want to go back in time to see MY OWN BIRTH. Somehow, it's repugnant. Though I don't exactly know why.......but I suppose that seeing ones' own birth would also raise some time conflict issues. Can you be in the same place with YOURSELF even though you are both different ages?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
April 14th/15th 1912!

The night Titanic sank!

I know how i could stop it and would, but of course id have to go back and let it happen again to stop the change in history!!!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I'd go back to April 20th 1889 to a small Austrian town called
Braunau and steal a baby called Adolf Hitler and raise him as a monk.

Ive wondered about this - what would your feelings be if it came about that removing Hitler from ever governing Germany opened the doors to a much worse dictator and even more terrible crimes? Its an interesting question, what if your action proves to be worse than your inaction?

I'd go to Roswell in July 1947 and wait for the UFO to crash, kidnap the aliens, and then reveal them to the world.

Nice one, id go jsut to see if it actually happened or not.

I'd go to September 11th, 2001 and arrange a bomb threat at 7am at the WTC towers so the buildings would be evacuated for the day.

Why not jsut go back and tell the FBI the day before that 'These 4 aircraft will be hijacked by these people, and flown to these targets - these are the full lists of the passengers and crew on each aircraft' and you also save the people on the aircraft?

Personally? Id go and see the 'firsts' - first flight, first atomic bomb explosion, first launch into space, first man on the moon etc.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Benevolent, Einstein also did not like this fact and tried to disprove it with alternate theories and equations.

Einstein knew he wasnt perfect, he knew he wasnt god and he knew he was working with measurements and math that just wasnt 100% accurate at the time, he knew that what he proposed fitted the facts and that in the future a lot of it would be disproved - but thats the price of progress.

Einsten 'fudged' some of his biggest equations, and they were later corrected by other scientists, such as the Cosmological Constant - a massive figure that is required to balance out a lot of Einsteins equations, yet very little is known about this figure and why the universe requires it.

A lot of Einsteins work has been found to be true only at certain levels of physics, for example Quantum physics, which Einstein allowed to flourish, shows that it is possible to go faster than the speed of light over descrete distances, and that bodies interact on the subatomic level without ever meeting or exchanging data (quantum entanglement).

Timetravel was proposed as possible by Einstein, but only if you travelled faster than light - which he calculated would take an infinite amount of energy, but it was defiantely possible.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'd go to September 11th, 2001 and arrange a bomb threat at 7am at the WTC towers so the buildings would be evacuated for the day

Agreed i would stop the attacks but you would also have to do something in time to stop further attacks from OBL.

You must remember that if you stop something it will alter time, so if 9/11 had not happened (and i wish it hadn't with all my heart) then the hunt for OBL would not be on and further attacks would have happened, Afghanistan would still be Taliban ran and Saddam would probably still be in power.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
You must remember that if you stop something it will alter time, so if 9/11 had not happened (and i wish it hadn't with all my heart) then the hunt for OBL would not be on and further attacks would have happened, Afghanistan would still be Taliban ran and Saddam would probably still be in power.

Further attacks from Al Quieda HAVE happened since 9/11 - the hunt for OBL hasnt exactly rendered him useless in any capacity. Sure the 9/11 attacks were his biggest to date, but hes had plenty of other attacks attributed to him and his group since 9/11, dont think that the invasion of Afghanistan solved anything.

Since I feel we unjustly dethroned Saddam, I shant comment on the second part of that

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Further attacks from Al Quieda HAVE happened since 9/11 - the hunt for OBL hasnt exactly rendered him useless in any capacity. Sure the 9/11 attacks were his biggest to date, but hes had plenty of other attacks attributed to him and his group since 9/11, dont think that the invasion of Afghanistan solved anything.

You must get my point though???

Stopping 9/11 would be brilliant, but it made the US more vigilant!

US security has increased ten fold since 9/11 and without that could OBL have brought a nuke in in the next few years???

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
US security has increased ten fold since 9/11 and without that could OBL have brought a nuke in in the next few years???

I do get your point, but what makes you think that post 9/11 US security has made it harder for OBL to operate or purchase weapons, especially nuclear weapons? Personally, I dont think its made a slighjt bit of difference, if a Ex Soviet commander wants to gain a few million dollars and disappear, then the current security situation isnt going to stop that.

What it has done is put an auwful lot of fingerpointing around - Iraq, Iran and others.

The UK lived under a reign of terror for nearly 50 years. Why is it only now we are having our rights eroded and extra laws drafted for our 'protection'? 9/11 is being used more for entrenching governmental power than protection, I personally think.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well, after I nuked Jesus, and killed the Bush family, I would go back to meet every president. Just a simple hand shake would do, but be cool to meet every AMerican President. But first bring with me some Ebola and let it loose in Africa. Why? End all the BS in Africa. I am sorry, but that stupid guy "These kids are starving, I just made 50,000,000 dollars this year, not a penny goes to these kids, but hey, you should send some." is annoying. And the slavery issue would be gone so no Civil War in America, no AIDS, no Ebola(Africa is where they started) no Billions dumped into Africa by the UN just to have the church say Nope, thats satan, can't use it/do it/take it. All animals endangered in Africa wouldn't for no one would have hunted them.

Oh yeah, go to Asia and do the same thing. Save the Panda, Tigers, Orangetang(sp?) or whatever. Then in Europe to save all the animals there, and in NA/SA...... Or not...... PETA Peaople Eating Tasty Animals.

Ok, one event, the first nuke thing so I could steal it, then wait a for decades and let it loose at the RNC in 2000.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'd go back in time to the point where Microsoft stock was first offered.

I'd bring:

1. Money (of the appropriate years): to buy lots of stock...
2. A Sports Almanac: to make some quick cash while there...
3. A Tape Recorder: to make and send a message to my future self to not make some of the same mistakes I made....

That would about do it for me.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Einstein also did not like this fact and tried to disprove it with alternate theories and equations.
Einstein's theories of relativity gives us the basis of our concept of time travel. His theory of special relativity would appear to allow travel into the future. Furthermore, Einsteins' theory of General Relativity does not discount the possibility of travelling backwards in time. The theories of Special and General Relativity are the basis of the entire notion of Time Travel so, while not very probable, it is theoretically possible.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'd go back to about 2 hours past noon, day 270, 4513 B.C. I would like to go back home and see myself getting born. Back in what is now called Europe, not too sure where exactly now, but if I was back then I could probably find my parents and the place of my birth.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I'd go back in time to the point where Microsoft stock was first offered.

I'd bring:

1. Money (of the appropriate years): to buy lots of stock...

Id go one better. Id go back and finance Microsoft for Gates. 50/50 partnership and now id be.....stinking rich!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'd go back in time and get a glass of milk.

That's all I really want, actually. A lot less fallout, and it tastes better than presidents' hands.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join