It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Had A Time Machine...What event would you want to see in the past?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ever since I was a kid, I always held a fascination for time travel. I'm not a physicist so that aspect is lost on me but from an historical standpoint I have always wondered what places and events I could actually see for myself. Of course the Crucifiction would be a natural but I think I'd rather stake out Christ's tomb and watch the Ressurection. But the obvious aside, I would really love to be in the Texas Book Depository on November 22, 1963. It would be cool to try to stop Lee Harvey Oswald from shooting President Kennedy. Of course I would cause a major time disruption and I would probably be blamed for the assasination attempt but, hey, I'd have my place in history. Anyway, if you could go back in time to view any one historical event what would it be?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Of course the Crucifiction would be a natural but I think I'd rather stake out Christ's tomb and watch the Ressurection.

My thoughts exaclty.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I would go check out the Middle Ages, its so mysterious and crazy! The battles the way of living!! Everything about does times is absoulelty fascinating to me.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'd go to the Library of Alexandria Circu 16 A.D to 22 A.D. I'd take pleanty of note paper, and a Xerox copier, camera, anything and everything I could to get it all.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well besides the ressurection, Id love to dinosaurs! Just as long as no asteroids would come by

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If the bible is true, to see the garden of Eden before the banishment. or the world before the great flood, mark where the Ark landed, and try to find it years later in an archeolegy dig

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I'd go to the Library of Alexandria Circu 16 A.D to 22 A.D. I'd take pleanty of note paper, and a Xerox copier, camera, anything and everything I could to get it all.
Esoteric brought up a good point. He would "bring something". Part of the musings that I had as a kid was the prospect of bringing "twin holster six guns to ancient rome", a zippo lighter to the stone age", "a thompston sub machine gun to King Arthurs' Court", well you get the idea. What would you bring with you to any time period via your time machine? I'd limit the items you can bring to three. With this stipulation, I'd bring a stereo video-camera with infra-red and night vision capabilities. Two and three would be copies of the Bible, you know....FOR AUTOGRAPHS! One for me and one for E-BAY.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If You Had A Time Machine...What event would you want to see in the past?

I would like to see the moment just before the Big Bang
to get the answer to life, universe and everything else

*idea partly stolen from Douglas Adams

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Quake]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Go back and kill Bush Sr. before he had Bush Jr. What would I bring with me? High Powered rifle, bullets, and a camera.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'd go back to see who the first human was.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'd go back to ancient Egypt to see who built the pyramids.
Then I would go to ancient India to see if they had an advanced civilisation.
I would also go to Atlantis

[edit on 6-5-2005 by paperclip]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hmmm, ok fine, I'll do something useful. I'll go back in time with these three things. A nuke, a nuke launcher, and a radioactive suit. I will nuke The ME when Jesus was suppose to be born, thus saving Billions of humans.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I've thought of this for years.
Go find Henry Ford , either give him a lobotomy or dose him up with acid.
Leave him sitting on the shop floor trying to figure out his wrenches.
The world would be a much better place.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
But the obvious aside, I would really love to be in the Texas Book Depository on November 22, 1963. It would be cool to try to stop Lee Harvey Oswald from shooting President Kennedy.

Surely you mean the grassy knoll??

I think I'd want to travel back to ancient Sumeria to see if all this Von Danniken stuff is accurate or not. Personally, I think the Sumerian "gods" would grow quite fond of Dr. Love.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
First off, time travel is impossible,.
Secondly, I wouldnt go back in time if I could.

However, if I did go back in time, Id go to the time of Buddah, and meet him, Id also go back to the time of Atlantis, and the last place Id go to Roswel, the day of the crash.

Id bring a camera, and digital video camera with me, also an Raptor (Jet)

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
First off, time travel is impossible,.
Oh oh, excuse me, but I do beg to differ. Time travel is very possible -- at least theoretically. There was this fellow you may have heard of named Albert Einstein who wrote a little on that subject and he surmised that time travel was, indeed, possible.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'd go back in time to when the banks in America reopened, and then I'd deposit all my money under an anonymous account.

Reap the benefits know.

I'd also probably go back and prove the egg came before the chicken. Then I'd go back 65 million years to see the look on the dinosaurs' faces.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Benevolent, Einstein also did not like this fact and tried to disprove it with alternate theories and equations.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'd go back to April 20th 1889 to a small Austrian town called
Braunau and steal a baby called Adolf Hitler and raise him as a monk.

I'd go to Roswell in July 1947 and wait for the UFO to crash, kidnap the aliens, and then reveal them to the world.

I'd go to September 11th, 2001 and arrange a bomb threat at 7am at the WTC towers so the buildings would be evacuated for the day.

Lastly I'd jump to 2002 and start up a website called www.abovetopsecret.com , so then by now I'd be top dog around here.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Lastly I'd jump to 2002 and start up a website called www.abovetopsecret.com , so then by now I'd be top dog around here.

Youd have to go back further, ATS was started in 1997, I believe.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join