It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmakers Tell High School Cheerleaders - Don't Shake It!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) -- Texas lawmakers sent a message to the state's high school cheerleaders Wednesday: no more booty-shaking at the game.

The state's House of Representatives voted 85-55 to approve a bill that would forbid sexy cheers and give the Texas Education Agency authority to punish schools that allow "overtly sexually suggestive" routines at football games and other events.

"People are calling and telling me how disgusting it is to see sexually suggestive routines on the part of marching units or cheerleaders," said State Rep. Al Edwards, a Houston Democrat who sponsored the bill.

Democratic state Rep. Senfronia Thompson, also of Houston, said the bill was a waste of valuable time.

"I think the Texas Education Agency has enough to do making sure our kids are better educated, and we are wasting our time with 'one two three four, we can't shake it any more?"' Thompson told legislators.

www.cnn.com...

LOL...I guess Texas H.S. football fans can expect new & improved baton routines and wives/girlfriends won't have to distress much about their partners wandering eyes, and likely to not encounter as much reluctance when having them fetch food/refreshments during half-time. The Texas House seems to have interesting priorities regarding education these days.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A day late on this story I'm affraid.

Here is a four page thread about it:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add your comments.

Closing this one.

join