It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the United States is the worst country in the history of the world...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

i THINK this because:

we (the citizens) DO NOT support our troops while they are risking their lives for us...

even if this war was based on a lie, or if we are fighting for the wrong reason, we still should support our troops...

why???

because as an american, you should support those who are fighting for YOU...

the soldiers aren't fighting for bush...

what kind of a country is this???

we don't even support our troops...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
o0o yea...

and by "support" i mean respect...

we dont respect our troops...

we assume they all torture terrorists...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

i THINK this because:

we (the citizens) DO NOT support our troops while they are risking their lives for us...

even if this war was based on a lie, or if we are fighting for the wrong reason, we still should support our troops...

why???

where have u been? havent seen my flag on my door?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
where have u been? havent seen my flag on my door?

i didn't see it...

maybe i can come over and visit you...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yup, but some people hate this country, people who dont realise the reason they live in such comfort is because of those brave sob's fighting for us all, they think freedom and this country "just happened" when in reality millions have died throughout the ages to keep this country the best one in the world, and what thanks do they get? oh thats right they dont..

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes we do. At least half of the country, more likely more, support the troops. It's propaganda that is convincing the others to not support the troops. An aunt of mine was asking me (and several others) if we'd seen the "support the war" ribbons on all the cars these days. Everyone looked at her kind of confused-like, not having a clue as to what she was talking about. Someone asked, do you mean support the troops, to which she replied there was no difference. A few weeks earlier, she had been saying she supports the troops (my cousin, her nephew, is out there now), but that changed. About 2 days after that conversation, driving into work on a Monday morning, I was seeing all of those yellow support the troops ribbon magnets on people's cars. However, there was a major change. On a lot of the cars that had the Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers still on them, the ribbons were upside down.

There was a concerted effort made several months ago to rid the country of the almost unanimous support of the troops we had, despite many of us absloutly hating the idea of war in Iraq. The soldier did not choose where to fight. Something happened, and I'm sure someone here at ATS read/saw/subscribes to the website or movement that started this.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
even if u hate the war, just support the troops until they return home. support the troops in South korea, as well as in Europe and so on.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
even if u hate the war, just support the troops until they return home. support the troops in South korea, as well as in Europe and so on.

this is my point...

thank you

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What a waste of board space.

I fear for my fellow man.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you think there is no troop support, are you old enough to remember the spitting on Viet Nam troops while I was begging them to wear an MIA bracelet.
Some of us were sending out flowers, but the majority were troop- hating marchers.
Will we ~never~ respect troops again after ww2?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I beg to differ!!

That's what makes this country so GREAT!!! not the worst

The fact that we have men that will go and fight for people they do not know, for people who spit on them and talk poop about them behind thier back....hell I bet half the of you would'nt say crap to my face as you do online (but thats the beauty of being online
).

The fact that our Men go fight, not because someone says so...but because we have personal reasons to fight.

We are the greatest Nation...ever.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

i THINK this because:

why???

Why are they risking their live for us??They are risking their lives for people that want more money and power, nothing more nothing less.
You are in a world upside down,the war was unfounded >>therfore no soldiers are supposed to be there.A false war with false motives.
Its so simple....

But even the simple things are too difficult to grasp for the average american.

The war is BS, if that is anti-american in ur puny mind then so be it

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
If you think there is no troop support, are you old enough to remember the spitting on Viet Nam troops while I was begging them to wear an MIA bracelet.
Some of us were sending out flowers, but the majority were troop- hating marchers.
Will we ~never~ respect troops again after ww2?

nam is another great example...

good job...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
The war is BS, if that is anti-american in ur puny mind then so be it

So because you think the war is BS, would you like to see Supply Sargent Fred Johnson III to be killed in action? That's what's being addressed here. Not if you agree or disagree with the war, but if you think your 18 year old neighbors should die and be condemned because you think the president made an error.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I beg to differ!!

That's what makes this country so GREAT!!! not the worst

The fact that we have men that will go and fight for people they do not know, for people who spit on them and talk poop about them behind thier back....hell I bet half the of you would'nt say crap to my face as you do online (but thats the beauty of being online
).

The fact that our Men go fight, not because someone says so...but because we have personal reasons to fight.

We are the greatest Nation...ever.

uhhh...

many countries has a military that is optional...

they are greatest too...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Where did this come from???

Personally, I'm not happy with being tricked into accepting false grounds for a now illegal war, but I've always supported our troops. In fact, just a few days ago, I brought in some items for a care package, as they are organized by some volunteers here at work...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It is refreshing to see someone on here passionate about our service members overseas. However, don't let the bitching of the ultra-liberals make you ever lose faith in your country bro'.

These are trying times...and I can understand your frustration. Just remember saying that your country sucks will not make our service men and women feel any better about what they are fighting for.

Hang in there and just remember that there has already been a great 'good' performed by our military regardless of how it has been orchestrated or criticized. It's also important to remember that alot of those crying out for a return of our troops are motivated by the increasing casualties that we are sustaining each and everyday - so I guess in a way they are concerned about our troops.

W.E.S.B

new topics

top topics

join