It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Symbology on Hospital Vending Machine (Pic Included)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We were at a local hospital picking up a child for transport when i noticed this picture on a vending machine. Its a Cyclops? with a black bird on his head advertising health new snacks? This seems at best to be odd choice for a corporate logo or how to advertise. Most chose the whole "heart healthy" mantra. It seems pretty odd. Its only on one out of many and it it is prominently displayed. The hospital is in Mountain View, California (about 20 north of San Jose)

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ah FredT, a little bit off topic but I just noticed that you're not a mod anymore. Whats going on with that?

Anyway, yea the pic is strange but probably esoteric on purpose as a marketing ploy. I mean it has made it to a conspiracy site already.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
well that's a bit on the creepy side.............i don't get it..........

why WOULD you use a logo so obscure as to creep people out........especially KIDS.

must be looking at it as "any publicity is good publicity"

angie

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow, that is pretty strange and sinister looking. The bird on the head, the one hand raised, I'd be interested to see if anyone in the various esoteric groups can id any of it.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Interesting.

The right hand is motioning the viewer to direct his attention there, and the product is listed as being on the right. The bird also might stand for something.

A lot of these healthy snack companies have VERY weird marketing techniques.

And a funny thought just occurred to me. Look at this thing... reminds me somewhat of a heiroglyphic. Imagine if some of the stuff we found in pyramids that is creepy looking like this guy is, were actually advertisements.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Or imagine if our advertisements are related to ancient civilizations and esoteric stuff because the companies that make the advertisements are trying to "say" something without saying it, in a oh so subtle way? Of course, that would imply some sort of connection to secret societies and maybe even the "New World Order", and their relation to perhaps some hidden knowledge that is not known by the general public, which involves symbology (like the all seeing eye on the dollar bill) etc that they use to subtly suggest things to us... just some thoughts.

Also don't forget the Denver Airport murals and the slab of stone with the masonic symbol in that same airport, and some mysterious writing and many other things.

But here's something I found on google:
www.vendbrokers.com...

Let me quote from the website:

IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND THE ONE EYED MAN IS KING! So goes the saying, and it is certainly true that through Knowledge comes the Perfect Solution to Your Vending needs!

What is interesting here is that, the word "knowledge" is usually Capitalized when one is referring to its esoteric form, which involves words like Being and Doing, and is duscussed in numerous esoteric books/works etc. Is there anything else you can find out about this vending machine and who makes it, the company, website, etc? Or where they got this machine from (wherever you found it).

There is such a thing called the "Green Language" also known as "The Language of the Birds" or "Language of the Gods" and consists of symbology and other ways to convey information, but hide it from those who do not have this Knowledge, which is most people. So you may be looking at what you think is just a picture or sculpture, and miss a lot of important symbology that is used to convey information to those who can See it and understand its meaning, and then use it appropriately.

Throughout history secret societies and other groups used such methods to convey information and provide clues to certain hidden "truths" to the Seekers who will be looking for them in the future (sometimes inadvertently). They exist in religious texts (like the Bible) and in art, among other things. And the vast majority of the population will see right past it. Sometimes, in fact, a statement appears to say one thing, but may be saying the direct opposite or something else entirely if one has specific Knowledge required to See the correct meaning, and this is another effective way to fool the many, but inform the few who Seek.

But definitely this is an interesting picture indeed

Any more information about the vending machine's makers etc would be nice too!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It could be some new type of marketing ploy or it could go to the next level and be some type of vending machine that may be selling a new type of food or and additive therein that could be used to follow and track users of the product they recieved from the machine. Talk about job security.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Fred,
It is an interesting pic. I am not to sure what to think about it, but will be interesting to find out if any one does find out what the image is supose to be.
However, it does look to me like the image does show two eyes. Since a Cyclops has one eye, it can not be a Cyclops.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Fred -- was that the whole poster -- just wondering if there was anything on the bottom that may not show up on here. I was wondering if there were any snacks that were new that may have been foreign. Maybe a new way to introduce them.

Basically you have me stumped

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Please do try to find out what vending company this is..
I would like to speak to whomever does their advertising and what food has in common with a mythical shepherd..

>>In Greek mythology, the Cyclops were one of a race of Sicilian giants, who had one eye in the middle of the forehead and lived as shepherds. Odysseus blinded the Cyclops Polyphemus in Homer's Odyssey.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Geez... if I'd be a kid and seeing that, I think I'd run away out of scare rather than buying a pack of Doritos.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The "Far Right" reference invites all crazed fundamentalist Christians and Nazis to partake in whatever is offered in the garden of earthly snack delights.

Other than that I think it's an attention-getting bit of camp comedy advertising that has clearly impacted on some of the vendor's market and sold more junk to junk junkies.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
wtf is Cthulhu doing there at the right?! for mommas sake! help us!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's the bird sitting on the head of the "cyclops" that really has me alarmed for some reason. I don't know. It just doesn't "sit well" with me.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ooh, Ooh, I Call "Prank"!

This looks like something an intern fresh out of med school might bring along for fun, but yet, it's just a little too weird for that.

Notice that the English is awkward: See New & Special Items In Far Right.

The image looks like something straight out of The Book of the Subgenius (I am a proud owner of a copy, and an avowed "Bobby").

Definitely of a like mind, I'm thinking.

I strongly doubt the vendor put that sign on the machine, but you never know.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
if i was a kid today i'd totally want to know what that poster was. It's so drab and none 3d shadowed like the rest of kids advertizing. As an adult i'm slightly confused and intruged. Perfect ad if you ask me.

And come on, it's on a glass vending machine. i can already see the junk i want to put in my body, and it's all looks good.

XL5

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Maybe they mean the "far" right hand, since it is out stretched. I know I'd be worried if a bird was on my head and I had only one eye that could be poked out.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ooh, Ooh, I Call "Avatar"!

FredT, I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't resist.

That picture is just so def mad freaky, it screams ATS avatar!

So I call dibbsies!

Majic

Edit: Here's the avatar for posteriority, so that many moons hence, when I'm sporting a new avatar, this message will still make moderate sense:

Delightfully bizarre! -M

[edit on 5/6/2005 by Majic]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You've got to be kidding me that as a Child you'd run away from this?!?!
We all know that the only reason you'd go to a vending machine is because your Hungry, agreed. You're eyes would be on the food, the decision you'd be making about which snack your buying, not on some silly cyclops with a raven on his noggin

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Who's far right? Your far right, or the one eyed creature from the trees's far right? He seems to be pointing the wrong way there so maybe the right hand being raised has some other symbolism.

Also, I'm sure Ra's hieroglyph features a bird in a square (?) I've looked online and can't seem to find it - but I have the Egyptian Book of Life (Book of the Dead) at home so will look it up.

Hence - "the only way to maltesers is through me - misguided vendor of snacks. Misguided as they are unhealthy, but still one eye more than the blind consumer in that I'm trying to sell something a bit more healthy than the usual hydrogenated lard. Come now children, come - come to the one with illumination atop my crown. Fear not my eerie form as it is ripe with symbolism....oh just buy the bloody sweets will you kid!"

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join