It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age to be drafted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So, left big toe or right big toe? I mean, they won't have a draft, maybe......

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
LMAO! IM just about to turn 18. On the bright side im getting ready to join the military anyways. IF they try to draft me though I dont meet their standards (no high school diploma yet. Thats what im working on) they would have to take me screaming and kicking. Im the type of person that only does stuff at his or her own will! If draft comes I guess ill just need some ATS luck

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
im curious as to who thinks that a draft is a possibility... then i guess with the amount of war going on at the moment, sooner or later their going to exhuast their armed services and they'll either need heaps of new recruits, or theres always drafting them. But for a nation to initiate a national draft they'd haveto be awefully desperate for more soldiers, and i couldn't see that happening unless either WW3 or America fights a massive nation like China. But on top of desperate they'd haveto be increadably desperate to tell people that they haveto fight, personnaly if i was in a war, id much rather fight it by myself as opposed to having a bunch of people who refuse to do anything and are nothing but a burden (im sure everyones been camping before and had some rediculously annoying person who does nothing but complain), id rather a small highly professional army compared to a massive uncooperative one.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There wouldn't be a draft unless we were in the middle of a (real) WW3 or the US was being invaded.
In either case, support for a draft would be high amoung all ages as our homeland would be threatened.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Im 20 years old how would the draft work will they take all 18 year olds first and work their way up.

I worried about the future conflict with Iran if we bomb their nuclear plants and if we need to troops on the ground.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I'm not sure myself mrmulder, but in that you seem to bring this topic up on a near once a month basis, from my personal perspective, you must be worried.

Maybe you'll be among the "few and the proud" or will Canada look very promising to you?

seekerof

You hit that nail on the head hard I say...lmao
I'm a woman and i'd serve my country. Avoiding doing so is so freakin pansyazz.
Now I have two types of people that piss me off, stupid ones, and whimps that love our freedom but will not fight for it.
Chickenbutt should be shipped off somewhere and out of this country STAT!!!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Also, all those vetrens, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, all have trained, send them! No money wasted to train new recruits that the barrel is pointed AT the enemy, no, not the Republicans, the guys who's country we invaded for oil.

In my experience with the military, all recruits (drafted or volunteer) have to swear an oath to "defend my country from all threats, foreign & domestic"...To me, that means the whole of the military should march on Washington D.C. since the very government itself is the USA's (Excuse me, the ISA; Incorporated States of America) greatest enemy.

Actually, the real truth is that the Federal Reserve has used the big corporations to influence the government...Call for muster at the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is, in its very name, a lie & its very existance is Unconstitutional. The next muster would be at Washington D.C....And also station a defensive force around NESARA, for the reasons I've already posted in this thread & this thread as well as a whole bunch of others scattered around these forums.

Okay, I admit it; a shamless plug on some of my older works here...ATS has seen a lot of growth & a lot of newbies (I use that term with no denegration intended) who've never looked back that far...

[edit on 7-5-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Here would be my plan for the draft. Draft all the illegal aliens. There are about 30 million of them. They go do a 2-4 year stint over there, get a paycheck and benefits and prove their allegance to America. Then when they come back they can be granted American citizenship.

Good post couldn't agree with you any more. Manditory 4 yrs in the service if you want to be a citizen and you weren't born here. There fore the American military will always have their required number of bodies and that way those people prove their loyalty to the USA. Great Post

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlazinDragon602
Im 20 years old how would the draft work will they take all 18 year olds first and work their way up.

I worried about the future conflict with Iran if we bomb their nuclear plants and if we need to troops on the ground.

No the way a draft works is there have a lottery. And certain numbers are picked usually the first 3 digits of your social security number. And all people between the ages of 18 and 25 or what ever the end age is will be drafted. I hope this helps you out.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I really don't think there is anything to worry about. The chances of there being a draft are very small. Yes, US forces are stretched right now, but the top US General said only last week that they could still fight another war in Iran or NK if needed.

NK really isn't a worry to me anyway - if we did attack them it would most likely be with UN backing and support. The world is pretty united on NK and if they test fire a nuke then I think you'll see a pretty big coalition of countries standing up to them. It would be similar to the first gulf war most likely - the US wouldn't have to go it alone... and would be mad to try and do that anyway. China is not going to support NK as it has too much to lose - it might just squash them itself if push came to shove.

Iran is only an issue if the US plans to invade and occupy like they did in Iraq - and I can't see that happening.....even if the US had 1 million soldiers ready to go, holding Iran like that would be a mammoth task. I don't think they would even bother, especially after what's happened in Iraq - which would be a picnic by comparison!

And all this is assuming hostilities even break out at all with either country, which is by no means certain anyway.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Draft age in the US is from 18-26.

I wouldn't lose much sleep over the possibility of a draft if I were you guys. There's no evidence that there will be a draft, only a poorly devised election year scare tactic based upon a yearly assessment of the selective service system. If you research it on the selective service website, you'll realize that those performance assessments come out every single year.

Additionally, one lesson learned in Vietnam is that conscripts tend to perform pretty poorly in comparison to professional soldiers, and barring a WW3 scenario (and even then, I question it; WW3 will probably involve nuclear weapons and in which case it will be all but over within the first 30 minutes), I suspect that the US will stay away from the draft as long as possible. Despite all the hand wringing, there's still a lot of idle capacity in the US military and there's more than enough troops to handle the situation in Iraq.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
...and barring a WW3 scenario (and even then, I question it; WW3 will probably involve nuclear weapons and in which case it will be all but over within the first 30 minutes...

"I don't know what weapons will be used during WW 3...But I suspect that WW 4 will be fought with sticks & stones."--Albert Einstein

I would say that a few areas in the Middle East may wind up being "nuked back to the Stone Age", but they're already living in the modern world in the Sand Age. More accurately, the land would be converted into a glass-topped skateboard rink.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join