It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Against the Thylacine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ok, the Thylacine, or Tasmanian Tiger, is "extinct". Just like the Ivrory Billed Woodpecker was "extinct". People have seen the Thylacine, so is it dead? Well, if it is up to the Tasmanian Government/Forest Companies it will be.

www.windyridgewinery.com.au/ thylacine.jpg This is the creature.

www.tveap.org...
"There are two main differences between Tasmania and BC", comments the TVE Earth Report Editor. "A mere 90 years after the British colonised Tasmania, the indigenous people had died out, whereas in BC they survived and are now vocal allies of the environmental groups. And in Tasmania, they firebomb the cleared forest and apply a chemical - banned in most other countries -- to wipe out the wildlife."

eco-educator.com...
The third world practice of Tasmanian forestry and Gunns (the baddies) means that after everything has been logged and cleared, they firebomb it from the air to burn the rest and then lay 1080 poison to kill the native wildlife to stop them grazing on the new plantation seedlings.

You see, if the Thylacine is alive, the logging will stop. So they FIREBOMB AND POSION EVERYTHING! to make sure it is dead. They go out and kill anything to make sure the Thylacine isn't alive, which would stop them from logging.

This is a conspiracy against the Thylacine! A real conspiracy, not JFK, not Moon Landing, not "Is Bigfoot real?" but a real conspiracy done by big business/government!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great Post!!!!! I think people get so wrapped up in the "fringe" conspiracies that can't see the real everyday madness staring them in the face.

Now, do you think more then a handfull of people will do anything to stop it? It seems like people just don't care about the Thylacine, but find a "CUTE" Dolphin there and people will go nuts to stop the logging. Not that dolphins live in the woods, but you know what I mean.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I know, it isn't no dolphin or cute little otter, but it is special. I love the Thylacine, if possible take all the fur/babies in pickle jars that they got and clone them. In fact.....
www.amonline.net.au...

To clone or not to clone?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
!!!!!!!!!!!
How come sometimes I can edit a post I made months ago, but not ones made minutes ago???????!!!!!!!!??????

Anyways....

www.amonline.net.au...

Use things like that to clone a Thylacine/breeding family of Thylacines.

home.conceptsfa.nl...

They are cute! And even better, unlike dolphins, they can be trained, like dogs! So have a soft fuzzy buddy or something that gets caught in tuna nets? Some thing that will offer companionship or something that swims around in it's own feces?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, it sounds like they just don't care. What makes you think they would stop those practices if they found an endangered species?

JAK

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Great post James and I agree, it is a stunning looking creature too.

Here is some actual footage - excellent:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Look at those jaws!!

Jack

[edit on 5/5/05 by JAK]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
JJ, they would be FORCED to. Part of the Endangered Species Act. Most countries, like AMerica, Canada, Australia, England, France, so forth follow it. So if say, a "extinct" bird is found in the middle of a foresting field, foresting stops. This is why the foresting companies on Tasmania are firebombing/posioning the forests to make sure no Thylacine lives/is found.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Gee, a real conspiracy and a conspiracy site says nothing. But "Gee, could this blurry thing that looks like a bunny actually be bigfoot?" And people can't stop posting in it.

Such a disgrace, a real conspiracy to wipe out something by the government of Tasmania and the people who own them, nothing...... Guy in Canada says he is gonna hunt down a bigfoot and people go "NO! Don't let him kill it!"

Or drain the Loch to find the monster, again, don't, you might kill something. But something that is being done to kill everything in the real world, no problem, go ahead....
No wonder they are extinct, people are stupid.
Whats next? "What? They want to completely fire bomb the areas the Ivory Billed Woodpecker lives? Ok, but just don't go hunting for Bigfoot....."

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
James, maybe you didn't get the discussion on this topic that you would like to have simply because you did such a good job putting out the facts. There's not alot left to discuss in the way of a conspiracy, maybe some discussion on what should be done, but no speculation on the "roots" of the conspiracy or exactly who "benefits".

I haven't been on ATS very long but I've noticed a pattern, a post very well put to together like yours is often ignored, while a two line post saying "E.T. ate my proof of Chubacabra......" gets 17 pages of replies. But thats ok, I feel, because every once in a while you find someone here that raelly wants to discuss this stuff seriously, and it makes it all worth it, IMHO.

Well at any rate, just keep putting it out there and somehow it will gain steam. It has to, for even if there is no Thylacine left it's still a crappy way to harvest a forest. There are much better methods, ones that don't include large scale chemical spraying and firebombing.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What is it with people and the Tasmanian Tiger? To me its just a dog with stribes.. Okay, that is a bit unusual, but a big grey thing with a large trunk called an 'elephant' is way more interesting if you ask me....

Animals die out and become instinct, and why not let them? Re-creating them just for our entertainment is just wrong! You can argue with the fact that we killed them out, but hey, animals prey on other animals..

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You know, I just realized something, even if they could get a good intact thylacine genome, they might have a heck of a time getting it to 'take' to a marsupial ovary, and even if that worked, what marsupial is going to carry it? Can it, in its incohate marsupial 'larval' form, find its way to a kangaroos pouch, and get settled in there?

Just realized that thats an additional barrier to cloning any marsupials.

Maybe they should clone an extinct monotreme first so they don't have to worry about that business!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yes, no big deal Thain, just a great beautiful animal killed by man, and if any are left alive they are killed by the government/forest company.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Yes, no big deal Thain, just a great beautiful animal killed by man, and if any are left alive they are killed by the government/forest company.

Yeah, not to mention that the animal may have a scientific/medical benefit for mankind. But I guess we won't find out if that's true, noy while people can sit back and without conscience make a statement like "ohwell, some animals go extinct, at least it wasn't a cute one." Very nice, very responsible. She would stop doing open heart surgery because, hey, some people die, why not let 'em.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hey, it isn't pretty, it is Beautiful! Look at those jaws, the stripes, so beautiful. It is just so cool! Look at the way it moves, such magnificant creatures.

top topics

join