It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i just learned something new

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Some people have overactive minds and really just need to take a bath.
No sarcasm intended, that's the truth.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hey guys, thanks for all the tips. I by no means intend to use this ability more than a few times out of the year now that i know how too. I am done perfecting it, so i have no use for this ability.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Im writing on line for each person as not to take up alot of posts or space this means that all questions or replys to that person will be near their name
instar..... i do so love combat so a bigger person is a good thing to me ^.^
Equineartist7..... yes it is lonly when everyone runs or backs away, alas this happens to me all the time, but ya get use to it very fast ^.^ tho mine is more that people just fear me all the time which is not a good thing when you are supose to be helping them.
benevolent tyrant..... as for your shotgun what would you do if i didnt get out of your way? i think it would be a new challange to take on a gunner with nothing more then myself ^.^
Tom Sawyer..... i am a superb dodger of many things as far as dodging people down halls or while walking well thats just too easy they dont realy move that fast..as for the way you do this tech, what happens if it fails and the people dont move for ya? do you have the capability to move them otherwise ^.^...as for all that training you did its too bad you didnt live alot closer i could put you through training that has a much better effect then that one you have. but your tech is not perfected yet perhaps another time ill tell you why i say that.
Bikereddie..... hmm actualy bars would hate me for the fact that i cant seem to get drunk... the most thats every happened is no were close to what drunk people say being drunk is.
andy1972..... Hmm a axe well if i see ya with a axe i definatly wont be moving as anyone coming to me is a sign of a challange to combat(as im not usualy on the normal path people walk)
CloudlessKnight.....as for this tech being fun well im not so sure of that..
Roadscholar.....There better be someone stronger and more skilled than i out there or else my style wont last long i need combat to gain (body traits aka muscle, speed, endurance) my kind thrive off combat,expecialy with one whom is stronger..
IndigenousDave.....Well what do you do when the one that dont sucome to your powers dont get pushed easy aside?
howmuchisthedoggy..... its people like you that are fun to face ^.^ tho you might not like it once we start the match...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by keodras

howmuchisthedoggy..... its people like you that are fun to face ^.^ tho you might not like it once we start the match...

Oh please

Yes, very easy to imagine you are a character from DragonBallz or whatever. Listen pikachu, stop believing you have any special abilities, because one day you are going to get into a situation where some guy in a bar is going to bottle you or bum you in the toilets because you faced up to him, thinking because you watched all the movies and played all the pokemon video games that you can fight someone in real life.

It is fine to imagine you have magic powers, but when you go around challangeing people, then that is

REALLY

SAD SAD SAD

One day the shield of anonimity on the internet won't be there and a real person will educate you in harsh and painful lessons of the real world.

Wake up!

ed. large quote

[edit on 10-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Please, no insults. THis is the incorrect place to put people down.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
Please, no insults. THis is the incorrect place to put people down.

The guy needs waking up, I would not consider that an insult. A piece of sage advice, with a tinge of sarcasm perhaps, but not directed as an insult.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I thought this was a place where you don't make fun of people because of what they claim to do or be.

Make it so people. NOW!!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What is the ATS motto again? You know it, say it out loud, deep breaths....

Whether anyone here has these psi powers, no one can say. We either believe them or we don't. But I certainly believe these things are inherant in all of us. No, I have not experienced any of them myself, but I still leave my mind open to entertain the possibility.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Back on topic.

Eh, i tried this:

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
You might try an alternate experiment, just to see if the influence you are exerting is beyond some physical cue you may be exhibiting which is causing people to avoid you: try drawing people in closer to you instead of repelling them.
Consider, in crowed urban areas it is generally against human nature to draw together; we tend to try to maintain a certain personal space around ourselves (A tendency your talent plays nicely upon). If you could learn to countermand this tendency at will, then you'd really have a neat trick! Imagine having the ability to summon up your own personal "Human Shield" at will!

THe results:
Walking down the high school hallways, it gets people to notice me, but i can't get them to come over.
It is hard to "draw" people towards me. My natural tendency is to want to force them in my direction from the other side. So really, it makes them move away from where i am not.(towards me) But this tendency makes people who arn't near me feel bad, and it is by nature wrong.
I guess i just have to work harder.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't believe in empath ability. I've known lots of people that claim it. I love playing poker with people that do.

On making people move because they are agitated-

I know a guy like that. Other than needing a good shower and some Beano he could be a regular guy.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Apparently JoeDoaks hasn't seen my post.

Tom Sawyer posted this thread about an ability to get people out of his way. Then practically everyone else goes on a blasting and ridicule rampage, acting like idiots instead of just saying why they don't agree with him, or offering more down to earth explanations.

Once again, if you don't agree with what another member says, tell him like a man instead of becoming a monkey about it. Seriously.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
May not seem like it, but I really do (see the point bandit). This 'empath' ability that pops up from time to time from people- well, I don't buy it. A sixth sense*- I can buy. Empath, no.

Some may believe it is real and true, but in my experience it is not. Animals (and we are animals) have an ability to sense (note this) things not necessarily seen.

There are odors some people give off that most other people either don't notice or are unaffected by. Also, there are visual cues. Some have called these auras and other terms.

Even though I am a heavy smoker I can 'smell' other people in ways most people can't. At those rare times I have quit smoking I become almost sick around people because of the differing smells I pick up. In negotiating a contract (for example) I have learned to cue in on certain odors. People in any type situation give off smells (odors).

Agreeably the Beano reference is startling, but it is real.

Tom, you think you have empath ability yet claim you need to 'worker harder' [at it]. I disagree with you. You apparently feel you have some kind of ability, that is fine. Why not see what kind of ability this is?

Visual and olafactory cues (sense of smell) are already developed to a modicum of degree. You don't need the eyes of an eagle (as it were) to be able to discern visual cues nor the snout of a bloodhound to 'read' people.

Smells have been shown to evoke memories that have strong emotional qualities

It is said that one's sense of smell is stronger than any other sense in implanting retention of memory. I don't know if that is true, I do know that smell can motivate people to do things they wouldn't otherwise do.

The smell of hot cinnamon in a house has been used for decades to motivate home buyers. When I used to sell houses I placed a pie-pan of water with cinnamon in it on the stove at low. I sold a lot of houses.

Visual cues work as well. A competitor of mine used an off-white paint that had a bit of pink in it. When dry one could barely discern the color. I switched to his his paint and sold even more houses.

No empath at work- no mythical stuff from fairy-tales. Just understanding the human mechanism and using it.

*6th sense at some other time

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
No empath at work- no mythical stuff from fairy-tales. Just understanding the human mechanism and using it.

Couldn't have said it more eloquently myself. Saying all the feedback from aural and odor cues may make the senses gel together in the brain to form a seemingly seperate sense makes a lot of sense to me.

While the original poster may be describing an interaction of people based on a manipulation of a mutual 6th sense interaction, it was the other guy posting about his "psionic" fighting power abilities that worried me.

Sure, the ATS motto is Deny Ignorance. Everyone should get a chance to tell their stories or express their views, however, I thought this was a debate forum, not a showroom for imaginary powers.

If the people involved are truly in the process of developing their "psychic" faculties, then the said "attacks" of somone "acting the monkey" like me shouldn't bother their higher consciences too much.

It is a matter of persepective for me. I don't see mental powers at work here. It can be compared to some kid saying they are superman and can fly. Then the other kids tell him to shhow off and fly and he jumps off a roof or something.

My point is, it is all very well to imagine you have these abilities, but someone, some time is going to get hurt.

I also would like to take issue with the moderators posting on this board. It is one thing to tell us off for "attacking" someone, but where were the admonishments when that one poster listed off all our names and threatened us all one by one. Is that really fitting in a constructive debate?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
nope never happened. thats all i really have to say.

what a horrible post

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
[edit] I originally wrote a smart-ass comment here but i decided to edit it out theres enough here already....

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There are NO experts. None. Not one person here or even out-there, is qualified to deny the claims of the OP.

No one knows anything for sure: not even the identity of their biological father.

People sometimes mistake confidence and enthusiam for boasting. But often it's just simple confidence and enthusiasm. And these are GOOD qualities.

Also, quite often, people have an incredibly childish, jealous side to their nature that's totally at odds with their belief of their being 'open minded'. ATS seeks to foster open-mindedness, we hope, not negativity.

I find nothing 'unbelievable' in the claims of the OP. Some people are able to exert a magnetic attraction, be it spontaneous or deliberate. Rasputin, for example.

So just as there's black and white, hot and cold, soft and hard, it's perfectly logical that just as there are those who possess magnetic attraction, there must also be those who possess powers of repulsion: again, spontaneously or deliberately.

I remember when my children and their cousins dashed up to tell me that they were able to lift another child up, using only a finger each. They were delighted with their newly-discovered ability. Did I believe them? No. But I smiled at their enthusiam and their delight in sharing their new discovery. Later on, of course, I discovered they really COULD lift each other using only their small fingers. And later on again, I saw the same feat conducted on tv -- with miserable faced 'experts and scientists' attempting to dismiss it via nonsensical 'scientific' explanations.

The Wright brother were told they were charlatans and bound to lose, because 'everyone knew' that planes were never going to be able to fly. Just as the Bumblebee's wings are supposedly too small and weak to carry it. Ghosts reportedly do not exist -- yet thousands of people see them every week and always have. Humans do 'impossible' feats every day, as do animals. Leaving a lot of 'experts' and know-alls looking rather silly, as experts and know-alls are wont to look, frequently.

The OP said he'd developed a technique whereby people moved out of his way at his whim and will. Why were so many outraged to hear that? Was it the OP's enthusiam and obvious delight in his claimed new-found skill? Was it because others were jealous either of the skill or because the OP chose to discuss it?

The responses here say far more about those who responded so negatively than they do about the OP and/or his claimed skills.

Fact is, ridicule and sarcasm are not 'cool' or sophisticated or evidence of higher intelligence. Ridicule and sarcasm testify to meanness of spirit; jealousy; spite; inner anger. Nothing positive to say? Then say naught, eh?

As far as possessing the ability to make people move aside -- it's normal. Lots of us could do it, if it occurred to us. Just as we can draw people to us at will quite often -- when it occurs to us. And it doesn't stop there. I'm able to transmit my thoughts on occasion, just as clearly as if I spoke them out loud. And let's not forget the old chestnut usually suggested in primary-school science classes as an ice-breaker: that of staring at the back of the neck of the person in front of us, to see how long it takes to make them first twitch uncomfortably, before they finally turn around to confront us with a glare. Remember now ? Nothing black-magic about it, is there? Just part of being human. And honing that ability so that people avoid us in public places is just one step along.

All in all, nothing to get nasty about just because someone posts about it in an enthusiastic, wondrous manner.

Let's not become so embittered that we can't stand to see someone happy in their discoveries. Because that sort of negative attitude is playing right into the hands of those who hate humans and hate human joy.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
I am now able to make people move out of my way automatically. I can make them beleive that i am very agitated and step out of my way wherever i walk. even if they can't see me, they step out of the way as if by instinct. It is fun to walk down the hall with the people all moving out of my way clearing my path. It must be even more fun to watch!

I too have learned how to make people move from my way. I think it is all in the Force coming out of my eyes. I am not sure how it works, but it also works with cars sometimes.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
That's interesting you post this, I happen to be empathetic and can do this as well. What I do is I envision my energy field and sort of extend it to other auras around me giving them the little 'nudge' to get out of the way. I'm very visual with things like this, I often picture tendrils coming off me to project to other people before I actually get there. I only use this if Im in a mood where being around a lot of people is really affecting me bad though...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: benevolent tyrant

Memories...
I would just move with the crowd. Stopped when they did.
The million of conversations, the sound of the cars, horns ,sirens, the smell of exhaust fumes and chestnuts or pretzels.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tom Sawyer

If you project agitation and inpatients into people they won't move out of your way. They will get agitated and impatient.
They move because you're coming at them and they don't want to get run down.
I try to project confidence and knowledge of my surroundings if a situation seem dicey but I doubt my superpowers would stop someone if they were determined to mug me or something.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join