It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Britain Votes 2005

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The British consulat bombing is a bit misleading. The bomb (if you can call it a bomb) was on the ground floor, the BC is on like the 10th floor? Besides, that was in the US, who in the UK cares about that?

Back to the topic.

I fear Labour and Tony will reign for another term. It has become a lesser of two evils, like the last US election. Still Tony has learnt his lession for supporting the Iraq war, I do not think he will support another war.

Whoever is voted in this time around will not follow the same foreign policies as have been followed in the last eight years.

I have a bad feeling Labour will be voted in again, bad?, yes. Mr Blair has said he will be politically active for another four years and then retire. Nearly the same amount of time Mr Bush has left in office.

Well, thats my thoughts.

oh, and

Grow up Spliff.

TPL

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Word is Blair will leave half way through his term.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thats odd, thats what they say about Bush.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Thats odd, thats what they say about Bush.

He said he wouldn't serve out the full third term.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Blair has been declared the winner by at least one source:

Blair

dh

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If I'd been in the right constituencies
I would have voted for-
Reg Keys, father of a Red Cap murdered in Iraq, standing against Blair for Families for Peace
The Ambassador to ?Usbekistan or or one of those Stan places, sacked by the Blair government, and standing against Jack Straw
The 'Cannabis Granny' standing for legalisation and against the corruption and poison of the drug cartels, standing against Peter Hain
The father of Moazzam Begg, held as an innocent in Guantanamo for three years, then released with no charges
The guy held in Belmarsh without charge and supported by Corin and Vanessa Redgrave
Others like these
I couldn't find it within myself to vote within my constituency
It only gives encouragement to the One Party totalitarian state masquerading as democracy
We need to take this apart brick by brick or root and branch

[edit on 5-5-2005 by dh]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
How did the British election compare with the USA's in regard to irregularities? Was it as rife with corruption as the USA's?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
How did the British election compare with the USA's in regard to irregularities? Was it as rife with corruption as the USA's?

There really is only one way of fixing the British voting system and that's to pretend you are somebody else and pinch their vote. Otherwise the carry on in the US system just can't happen. It is illegal for anybody to be in the voting area except the voters, police and election staff so there's no chance of intimidation. The votes are made by pen and paper with a big cross so no electronic fiddling. Each voting slip is numbered and registered against your name on the electoral register so no duplication of votes possible (you can always find out who voted for who as well if you were mad enough to trawl through all the slips!). Nobody in the counting hall goes home until everybody is satisfied with the count so no Florida style carry on in courts.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There are serious questions being raised about the postal vote system. Many, many problems have come out of it.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

This might be what you are looking for:

It just make me wonder, if it's so easy for people to end up with two votes, how many people out there just go ahead and use them both?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join