It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists using Mt. St. Helens to support the 6 day theory (from ATSNN)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
All I can do is laugh my [butt] off!

This guy is retarded if you ask me. Hell, my geology professor is a Christian, and he believes the earth's 4.55 billion years old.

I was already laughing, but Legalizer's post cracked me up even more. James' post was funny, too, but a little weird...a lot of his posts are, but they're still funny as hell!

edit: Do not circumvent the ATS profanity sensors. Edited out the act thereof. Thank you.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So what? If they want to try and proove it was just six days let them! If it turns out it was great, if not who cares? I think Genesis is supposed to be taken metaphorically anyway, but then again it never sais a 24 hour day. Doesnt it also sort of fit evolutionairy theories thought? Like He created all the reptiles, then birds, sounds like dinos to birds if you ask me, or something along those lines, not sure if im being accurate here. Christians mean fallowers of Christ, not believe the world was created in just six days anyway. It doesnt really matter when the world was created or how, just that Jesus came, died, rose from the dead, and did tons of miracles.. THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Croat, you are the first christian to admit genesis may not be "truthful". EVER! You tell that to a priest get ready to be "blessed" upside the head with the back of the hand. Or a holy boot up one's bum.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
I do not mean atheists in general, I mean news regarding atheist ideas, as opposed to news regarding religious ideas.

Why should religious ideas be given special attention? They are for the most part, b/s. They don't deserve to be in the news. Besides which, what 'atheist' ideas get news coverage? The onyl atheist idea is that there is no god. I've never seen that headline.

This news item targets a Creationist that even most other Creationists do not agree with.

Its newsworthy. These people are whacky, like you say, even other creationists think that they are whacky. That sort of stuff gets in the news. And, if anything, its the creationists fault for making it news worthy. They are the ones making a 'big stink' about the issues, suing in courts to get their religion taugh in science classes and hijacking school boards, slapping absurd stickers on textbooks. There's an interest, a concern, about these things happening, there's no reason not to report on it.

What point is there in putting this in the news, other then to let the average atheist have another go at Creationism?

Whats being an atheist got to do with it? Any critically thinking pious christian can see that these ideas are pretty assinine and ridiculous.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Doesnt it also sort of fit evolutionairy theories thought?

No, it doesn't. It doesn't fit with science at all, whether the days are millenia or hours.

tell that to a priest get ready to be "blessed" upside the head

What in the world are you talking about? The RCC endorsed evolution, catholics aren't, for the most part, biblical literalists, and understand that the bible is supposed to be taken metaphorically. Heck, almost everyone understands that when Revelation talks about a 10 headed beast rising up from the abyss, that its not literally going to be a multi headed animal swimming around in the ocean. Only the literalists actualy read it like that.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
maybe this will help:

there are some people who are actively anti-Christian

there are some people who are actively anti-religion in general

Me? I don't like anchovies or anchoviests! If you like them, fine! But, don't try to make me eat them or stick them in my face or sneak them in under the cheese on my pizza to try to trick me into eating them.

there are atheists, agnostics, and followers of every imaginable kind of gods, demons, demi-gods, mother earth/father sky, monotheists, polytheists, dualists, deists, shamans, voodoun, santarieans, etc., etc., etc.

sadly, there are plenty of those in every group that subscribe to the old saw of:
"if you ain't with us, you're agin us!" Hatfield and McCoy view of religion/faith/belief system. If I'm not mistaken, this all started a little more than 4,000 years ago. Now, we have the internet instead of rocks and clubs to beat each other with.

So, I said all of that just to say that the whole idea of that anyone who is not Christian is an atheist and all atheist hate Christianity is simply not worthy of a discussion forum such as this. If you like that sort of thing, go here: pick-a-fight.com

Thanks for playing!

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Al Davison]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
THE MONKEY

The monkey speaks his mind

Three monkey sat on a coconut tree
Discussing things has they are said to be
Said one to the other, now listen you two
There is a certain rumour that cant be true
That man descended from our noble race
The very idea is a big disgrace