It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re: Scoffing and Ridicule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I post here a quote from the Bandit (Super Moderator) which I felt was timely based on some recent events. I do so to refresh people's memories...

No more scoffing and ridicule...

Attention all,

If you feel the need to scoff at, make fun of, or ridicule a member because he made a post or started a thread that you don't agree with, or that you think is stupid, crazy, too out there or ridiculous. Do not post anything. Ufology and paranormal studies have suffered for decades because anything in that area is constantly ridiculed and made fun of by the media and by the average joe, because of it conflicting with their beliefs of what reality is. Not one belief on reality is true, and no one has the "copyright" on what's 100%, no 101% true or not. Not me, not you, not society, not science... NO ONE. Thinking it's otherwise is just being ignorant.

Most people simply don't give the chance for intelligent, unbiased and rational discussion with these matters. They revert to ridicule and scoffing. This is IMO the dumbest, stupidest habits people can have, and unfortunately close to 99% of the average people suffer from this nonsense. If we at ATS are any different, I have yet to see that with most or all of us.

So you will not ridicule or make fun of someone else when they post something that conflicts with your version of reality. OR else I will delete your post, and consider your post a form of abuse, offensive and of poor taste, being thus a violation of the Terms & Conditions.

Deny Ignorance...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Shouldn't this go in the Board Questions & Business forum?

[edit on 5-5-2005 by mpeake]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Shouldn't this go in the Board Questions & Business forum?

Posted it here because it relates to a situation in this particular forum. If the mods want to move it, that's cool!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
No refreshing needed, it's a sticky at the top of this forum.
Poster's issues already being discussed amongst senior staff.
Closing thread.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It's topped in this forum already. I just bumped it in recent posts for you though and am locking this thread so you don't make yourself an object of scoffing and ridicule.

Gazrok got it.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by RANT]

new topics

top topics

join