It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Labyrinth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Unsure as to whether this has been addressed, i'm guessing not.

I have to admit to not following the Black Labyrinth mystery challenge thingy. I think these challenges are good fun for those that participate.

Now, is it too much to ask that the link be enlarged or added to a menu so as to reduce the number of newbie posts claiming to have found a secret link?

Anyone.....anyone....?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I rather keep it small, wheres the fun if we posted a big sign stating: SECRET LINK HERE? Besides we can always delete redundant posts...

[edit on 5-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
I rather keep it small, wheres the fun if we posted a big sign stating: SECRET LINK HERE? Besides we can always delete redundant posts...

[edit on 5-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

I understand the idea of a secret link, but when close to 100% of the members know it's there, is it still considered a secret?

I've lost count of how many people have posted the same thread.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Could someone please come rescue me from the labrynth?

I'm afraid that I'm quite lost, and no new ATSNN news submissions shall come from my keyboard until a search party is sent to rescue me.

Help!!!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
I understand the idea of a secret link, but when close to 100% of the members know it's there, is it still considered a secret?

I've lost count of how many people have posted the same thread.

100%... what are you talking about? Less then 35% of all the registered members actually posted once, what make you think everyone know everything there is to ATS? Not only that, there are only about 3,000 very active members of about 38,000 total members... Few people know about the link, so why spoil the fun for the rest of them. I liked finding the link when I was a noob, why deprive some other noobs of the same feeling?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I was talking about active members....
...not the part-timers, and definitely not those who have never posted, jeez.

But that's pretty much inconsequential, as the same post gets posted again and again,. and the same answer gets given again and again.

Roadscholar turn left when you get to the bald goat, there should be a doorway marked "Exit"

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Koka]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yeah, I see what you mean. But there many thing that get posted over and over again, thats why we have Mods to take care of it. Why worry about it since its not really your problem?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's a problem for all of us.

The mods do a lovely job here, but you have to bare in mind that they have reactive minds, which means when something happens, they react.

Now, if that something were to not happen they would not have to react and would be able to react to something else instead.

You watch, I bet they react real soon...!!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Making it larger defeats the purpose, as was said above.

The problem isn't that they find a supposed "secret" link, but that they didn't search for it first. A simple boolean for "Black Labyrinth" even within the given date range gives you plenty to figure out what it is.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
The problem isn't that they find a supposed "secret" link, but that they didn't search for it first.

Hey, don't spoil my fun! I'm finding this to be an interesting and challenging puzzle...because it's totally new to me.

Since I found it, I have tried to avoid reading too much about it. I'm trying to let my own answers form....then I'll look it up!

I don't think there really is a "solution" anyway, it's just something geeky and fun to relieve boredom!

top topics

join