It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The human kind definitely changed since the stone age. The level of the culture is incomparable to what it was once.

But if you look in details, you'll see, that only the patterns of behavior, usual attitudes went though changes. The common level of intelligence is the same.

The common level is "wow, that's cool". If you say something what requires more, then you here "I'm confused".

Stop the SETI program, people. You may find someone. And if they tell you simple things and in return they'll hear "I'm confused", you might not live to the morning if this happens in the night.

You are no longer armed with the stone axes, this night might be the night.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well I hope "they" don't contact a high school student.

Maybe "they" will contact someone with a PhD. They'll blow us up for sure!

Roper

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel Bill
The human kind definitely changed since the stone age. The level of the culture is incomparable to what it was once.

But if you look in details, you'll see, that only the patterns of behavior, usual attitudes went though changes. The common level of intelligence is the same.

The common level is "wow, that's cool". If you say something what requires more, then you here "I'm confused".

Stop the SETI program, people. You may find someone. And if they tell you simple things and in return they'll hear "I'm confused", you might not live to the morning if this happens in the night.

I think you may be a little confused Colonel. SETI is "listening" for other civilizations, if they do pick up a signal it doesn't mean aliens will invade.

On the other hand we have been broadcasting radio signals into space for well over 50 years now (t.v., radio). So, you see if an intelligent violent civilization is listening for us then we may have a problem. Or if the ones that are already here have something in the works we may have a problem.

Your statement makes no sense, and the common level of intelligence since the days of stone axes has actually come a very long way. (well maybe)

[edit on 5-5-2005 by pompano]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pompano

I think you may be a little confused Colonel. SETI is "listening" for other civilizations, if they do pick up a signal it doesn't mean aliens will invade.

On the other hand we have been broadcasting radio signals into space for well over 50 years now (t.v., radio). So, you see if an intelligent violent civilization is listening for us then we may have a problem. Or if the ones that are already here have something in the works we may have a problem.

Your statement makes no sense, and the common level of intelligence since the days of stone axes has actually come a very long way. (well maybe)

[edit on 5-5-2005 by pompano]

>Your statement makes no sense, and the common level of intelligence since the days of stone axes has actually come a very long way. (well maybe)

No, it didn't change much and it isn't adequate to the level of your technology.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

No, it didn't change much and it isn't adequate to the level of your technology.

Isn't "our" technology the same as "yours"?
Or are you saying you hail from elsewhere?

pompano is right on the money, SETI listens, not broadcasts. We've been broadcasting signals for many decades, so that damage is done, if there is such damage to do.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What is this thread supposed to be about exactly? It reads like a loose train of thought with no real subject.

SETI is just a disinformation program. Why look for ET life when its coming here already? Its utterly pointless and needs to be completely disbanded.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Frith]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm often surprised at that stance by believers.

SETI remains the one absolutely positive way that we can unequivically call the governments' bluff, and PROVE the existence of intelligent ET life without going by their, or the aliens' timeframe.

If such a signal were found, and people could see for themselves, just by tuning to it, then it wouldn't make one bit of difference what the government says, people would be forced to realize the truth of their existence.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

SETI remains the one absolutely positive way that we can unequivically call the governments' bluff, and PROVE the existence of intelligent ET life without going by their, or the aliens' timeframe.

If such a signal were found, and people could see for themselves, just by tuning to it, then it wouldn't make one bit of difference what the government says, people would be forced to realize the truth of their existence.

If it is true that SETI is a disinformation program, then they will never reveal any information that would reveal the U.S. government as liars. It started off as a government operation and even though its not funded by them now, I don't think their true goals of disinformation would change.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There are many, many independent SETI stations and individual computers, etc. out there, and since they are receiving, it isn't like this can really be "intercepted" or anything. If a true signal is found this way, it WILL get out, no matter what they try to do, and it will be verifiable to the masses if a repeating stream of transmissions...

Besides, even though our chances that such a civilization was broadcasting in a window reaching us during our window of being able to receive it, are slim...it certainly doesn't hurt to "try" and fail, vs. do nothing and be assured of failure.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

If SETI did actually pick up on a signal, wouldn't they report to the government first? I would think that as soon as they found the signal Big Brother would shut them up.

EDIT: And what exactly is this thread about?

[edit on 5-5-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Maybe they would, but I'm inclined to think that whatever happens, the public will hear from SETI directly after, if not at the same time, as the government folk. Not only do they promise to, but SETI@home is international - no government could stop them from telling the U.S. government and then telling some dude in the U.K.

The thread asked us to stop SETI because he felt it was a possible way to get killed.

Load of bunk because there's no output from seti.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Your brain's capability to integrate new knowledge is limited to the laws of association. You have to be able to associate a new truth to an existing truth. What truths did you have at birth which all other truths have been linked to the source programming in you. Instincts. Instincts are the truths you have to begin with. And Instincts are the truths you take for granted are truth, those encoded strands of information are the basis of your personality and identity. But what if those instincts were not correct information.
I could continue to spell it out for you. But you would not believe me.

So I offer you this advice:
Ask the logical question.
Find the answer.
Ask the next logical question.
Find the answer.
Find the answer.
Continue this process until you are faced with the last logical question.
Every essence of your personality and identity stem from?
Your last opinion will precede the truth.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Your brain's capability to integrate new knowledge is limited to the laws of association. You have to be able to associate a new truth to an existing truth. What truths did you have at birth which all other truths have been linked to the source programming in you. Instincts. Instincts are the truths you have to begin with. And Instincts are the truths you take for granted are truth, those encoded strands of information are the basis of your personality and identity. But what if those instincts were not correct information.
I could continue to spell it out for you. But you would not believe me.

So I offer you this advice:
Ask the logical question.
Find the answer.
Find the answer.
Find the answer.
Continue this process until you are faced with the last logical question.
Every essence of your personality and identity stem from?
Your last opinion will precede the truth.

Thanks, that's interesting. One thing so, it is not right to seek the truth in a logical way. Besides the correct logical assumptions, there are perceptions. Without the perceptions, you can come to anything thinking in a logical way.

The thinking in a logical way goes like this. The logical answer lies in the question itself. It all is about which one of the endless questions is asked and how. And only because you are presented only with one question at a time, it seems to you that your answer is the only logical answer.

Logic isn't really logical. If you look into the question structure, you will see that a number of perceptions are taken as right. The logical answer which lies in the question itself is that and nothing else due to the perceptions.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Colonel Bill]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Isn't "our" technology the same as "yours"?

pompano is right on the money, SETI listens, not broadcasts. We've been broadcasting signals for many decades, so that damage is done, if there is such damage to do.

>Isn't "our" technology the same as "yours"?

I live here, I look like human, but I'm not human.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I couldn't edit the thread, so here is the fixed thread.

But if you look in details, you'll see, that only the usual patterns of behavior and the attitudes went though changes. The common level of intelligence is the same.

The common level is "wow, that's cool". If you say something what requires more, then you hear "I'm confused".

There are gems among you, but the world events can tell everything about all the rest.

Stop the SETI program, people and stop to broadcast to the space. You may find someone. And if they tell you simple things and in return they'll hear "I'm confused", you might not live to the morning if this happens in the night.

You are no longer armed with the stone axes, you are dangerous, this night might be the night.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I live here, I look like human, but I'm not human.

If you live here and look human, what makes you not human? Can you display in any way that you are not a human being? If you have no ET technology or paranormal abilities, then how about getting an x-ray of your body so we can see your inhuman ET guts. Or are your internal organs human too?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I couldn't edit the thread, so here is the fixed thread.

But if you look in details, you'll see, that only the usual patterns of behavior and the attitudes went though changes. The common level of intelligence is the same.

The common level is "wow, that's cool". If you say something what requires more, then you hear "I'm confused".

There are gems among you, but the world events can tell everything about all the rest.

Stop the SETI program, people and stop to broadcast to the space. You may find someone. And if they tell you simple things and in return they'll hear "I'm confused", you might not live to the morning if this happens in the night.

You are no longer armed with the stone axes, you are dangerous, this night might be the night.

In the famous words of Harry Carrey "Holy Cow". I really can not get over the some of the characters on these boards. The govt. should really enact some law that would prevent some people from getting computers.

Sorry Colonel no harm meant but you are still making absolutely no sense.
You only changed your post somewhat to now include "and stop the broadcast to space". Ok lets go over this one more time SETI is not going to have any direct contact with aliens (like someone calling you on the phone). Now lets talk about broadcasting to space, by stopping the broadcast all radio, tv, cell phone, all those communications would have to cease. Is that what you are suggesting we do. Colonel, exactly what is it you are a colonel of?

top topics

join