It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 2012 comes and goes...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Note that 2012 is not just a Mayan prophesy: pretty much every major religion and indigenous people have a similar prophesy -- it's is just that the Mayan's were so good at keeping track of time they gave us a very precise date. Of course, what they implied would happen on or near that date is still open to interpretation.

Also understand that if you believe that there is a "God" out there (not necessarily Corporate Religion's "God") then you should be able to grasp that this "God" would be powerful enough to create (or halt) the synchronistic events that would be needed to fulfill such a "prophesy".

And even if something metaphysical does not happen in December 2012, you still will have Earth/Climate Changes, environmental, social, economic, political, military, the Sun and meteors/asteroids to worry about.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seircram

Even the Mayans did not have any prophecies associated with 2012. That's a modern invention. The idea of prophecies associated with 2012 is simply not true.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
All I want to know is what is going to be the next end of the world date after 2012 comes and goes ? I have been doing some searching here and am pretty surprised there is not many threads if any at all dealing with post-2012 predictions. I guess the majority just eats what is fed to them ?

I just wanna know so I might be able to capitalize off it somehow and I suspect the fairies and elves out in Hollywood are already working up our new meal ?

I bet it's going to be Newton's prediction of 2060 ?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

The 2060 prediction is too far off. Nobody would be able to make any real money off of it for 30 or 40 years. I figure the next prediction is going to be someone claiming that the Mayan calendar was misinterpreted.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
yes that could be true and it is a good point. Newton also had another date of 2034 which shaves quite a bit of time off his latter date. I have always been under the assumption that the 2012 date was not correct either and this I can directly trace my interest in it to the Canadian music band called RUSH, they had an album release called 2112 and it prompted alot of people (who were into rock&roll) to look into the meaning behind the name of that album.

I would hope it would be Newtons dates is next bandwagon to jump on (we're getting bored with Mayan stuff) it would peak peoples interest to looking into where he ascertained his knowledge and then in turn would peak interest in the scriptures.

I doubt that would come out of godless Hollywood either, but I can dream...

edit on 17-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: )

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Xcalibur254, I'm opting for a spoonerism in which all of the wackos start saying, "2012? Sorry, that's 2021. I can't believe I said 2012, when all along we knew it was really 2021."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join