It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you define the Fast track to "Thinking Outside the Box" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanks for taking a moment. I'm here for the same reasons you are, to learn what I don't know and teach what I do. I beg you for your input, and thank you for your time.

-- So, the question I guess I'm asking, or asking yourself to ask is:
What does it mean to think outside the box?

To me earlier today I asked myself what process would one have to go through to "Think outside the box?". This is where my search led me:
1) Thinking outside the box, requires you to acknowledge the box.
2) To acknowledge the box, you must know the box.
3) To know the box, you must have empathy for it.
4) To have empathy for the box, you have to see through the eyes of the
box, and percieve the ideas and thoughts therein.
5) Contimplate how things are viewed inside the box.
6) If it's time for you to step outside the box, deny the empathy and know your true self, not the facade/face you wear when observing the world from within the box.

7)Perhaps that is the irony of life, the life you're born into, the idea of living your life through the eyes of others because empathy/apathy requires you to do so. To spend life thinking like everyone in the box, because empathy requires it. When you literally die there is no more need to wear the faces/masks/identities we hide behind, there is no more need for them and you can let it fall away then what's left is who you truly are, and for the first time you are outside the box.

"To whose standards do you judge yourself?"

"I can neither make you want to ask the question, nor can I make you seek the answer. Fortunatley, someone else already has."

What do you think? I'm going home for the evening and will check this thread tomorrow. Thanks guys. Jake1997, you know your input is always desired. Your insight is inspirational.

I'm 33 years old and can still do this:

To bad it makes me feel like this guy on the left::bash:

[edit on 4/5/05 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher. I would have to differ with you on that. There is only one rule of thumb when it comes to thinking outside the box. That is to understand one very important thing.......anything is possible.....anything.

Stop making your mind look for the probables, and start looking at the possibles.

but then again, I was born outside the box. For me it comes naturally. Really made life hard for my mother who was burried way inside the box.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Instincts. The accumilated knowledge passed onto to us by the consciousnesses that have preceded us. The human mind learns new ideas and concepts by the limitations of association. If you can not associate what you experience to known precepts in your mind, you won't integrate it. Every thought we have stems from the instincts granted to us by those who have preceded us.

What do lifeforms actions/behaviors tell us about instincts?

If you attack a puppy, it will cower in a defensive/submissive manner because that is the instinct within it.

If you attack a kitten, it will hiss and fight back in an offensive manner because that is the insticnt within it.

If you attack a baby, it will cry because it has no control over its environment. You came into this world and it was colder than anything you had experienced up to that point, you cried because you had no control over it. The nutrients were no longer supplied from the umbilicus. And soon you had to dispose of the wastes within all by yourself. And every day since then you have associated every new concept you've learned through the connections you form in your brain to the first thought in your brain of victimization. If you smiled at birth and never cried nor felt as though you were at the mercy of this world, then outside the box you were truly born.

[edit on 5/5/05 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
To know what's possible, know yourself. It's not possible until you know what it is that binds you to the belief it is impossible.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
??confused??

ok, what do you concider the box? It is sounding like what you consider the box and what others concider the box is two totaly different things. I am not sure how instincts and "the box" coincide. For me the box is how you view everything.....for example......two children sit down to color a tree, one child colors it green because trees have to be green the other colors it purple and orange because in his mind anything is possible. Or for another example more ATS related.....one may say there is no other life in the universe in their minds it is not possible, another says why not, there is life on our planet so therefore it is possible.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I get to rambling sometimes and I opologize for that.

mrsdudara states:
"Stop making your mind look for the probables, and start looking at the possibles."

"For me the box is how you view everything .... "

Possibles and the box.

I know our brains only incorporate and integrate new knowledge and information only through the limitations of the laws of association. Which means that you must have something within your mind that enables you to percieve something new. But from where you started your journey you knew only that you were at the mercy of your environment, and the instincts given to you that are encoded in each cell of your body.

At what point did you divorce/disassociate all ideas that came after the first thoughts of victimization (negative emotion) and all the information you have stored in your brain since? I don't think your outside the box until you disassociate the false pretences you're given from birth and instinct.

Everything you now know is still attached at the very core of who you and your identity is; you are bound to your insticts and the first neuropeptide/chemical response you had.

[edit on 5/5/05 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
admit that you know nothing!

step back look at the whole picture!

Don't let others force their opinons into you!

ehhh, it's all i got.

top topics

join