It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

natural cures they don't want you to know about...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron
Heh, I work for Bristol-Myer Squibb. Not in medical research, I'm a business analyst. However, I do know that some drugs we're working on is as close to a cure as you'd be able to get because frankly alot of these diseases are really that difficult to fight. AIDS is especially difficult.

However, its not exactly unprofitable to provide a cure.

How much more valueable is a cure to you than a treatment? Significantly higher I'm sure, so I'm sure you'd be willing to pay more since it is a one time thing.

Providing a patented cure to a disease for a population before any other company does would effectively destroy the other companies' market shares for that sector of disease treatment. The cure providing company would practically gain 100% of that market while selling a product that has a higher value and thus price. Making short term revenues sky rocket. After the market demand drops off as cures are given immediately to new cases, the cure providing company has effectively gained competitive advantage over their rivals in that they've shut them out of a market and have dramatically increased revenues for investment into new research. Long term gains may be unaffected or higher as there is few if no competing companies in this market so the increase in market share offsets the loss in revenues due to the product being a one time fix. In effect, immediate short term gains will be huge, long term gains will be consistent, and an overal long term advantage over other companies has been achieved.

So don't be so hasty to say that cures aren't worth it.

Pharmacutical companies are quite large and I doubt that the loss of one sector of disease treatment will destroy the companies, let alone the stock market or general macro-economy.

BTW its highly unlikely that they'd introduce the cures for all of the worlds diseases at once, as new compounds for disease management take a while to develope, let alone straight up cures.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Galvatron]

I saw 5 renown scientists on PBS saying that the ~aids~ virus if akin to a prion, in that it invades like a bullet, and thus nothing can penetrate it.
I found this very invaluable, as it is in a way like a MC dis-ease prion?
What do you know of this, if anything?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
These are the main natural medicines that I know from extensive personal experience.

I used to take zantac and prevacid and all the rest, until a wiccan friend told me about the vinegar trick...

works so much better and faster, and cheaper by far...
I also noticed that I seem to have the reflux much less often...
i can eat pizza again... yeah!

I also drink lots of caffiene (as do many people) and withdrawl from caffiene will cause headaches in as little as 12 hrs. So my first step is to drink a coke if I get a headache, it works almost immediatly...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

These are the main natural medicines that I know from extensive personal experience.

I used to take zantac and prevacid and all the rest, until a wiccan friend told me about the vinegar trick...

works so much better and faster, and cheaper by far...
I also noticed that I seem to have the reflux much less often...
i can eat pizza again... yeah!

I also drink lots of caffiene (as do many people) and withdrawl from caffiene will cause headaches in as little as 12 hrs. So my first step is to drink a coke if I get a headache, it works almost immediatly...

niiice...

but what about "regular" headaches???

you know, the kinds you get when your sinus is clogged or if your glasses are dirty...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
"What do you know of this, if anything? "

All I know is that prions are types of protiens that are considered diseases in themselves.

Who would have thought that a protien could be a disease.

I could see how AIDS could be viewed as a prion. CJD or mad cow for humans is a prion to the nervous system. AIDS could be a prion to the immune system.

There is two building blocks to life, protien and DNA, correct? If a virus injects a modification of DNA into a cell so that it reproduces nothing but more virus' then this makes me wonder if there is a virus that could inject prions.

Other than that, like I said, Im on the business end of things, not medical research.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron
"What do you know of this, if anything? "

All I know is that prions are types of protiens that are considered diseases in themselves.

Who would have thought that a protien could be a disease.

I could see how AIDS could be viewed as a prion. CJD or mad cow for humans is a prion to the nervous system. AIDS could be a prion to the immune system.

There is two building blocks to life, protien and DNA, correct? If a virus injects a modification of DNA into a cell so that it reproduces nothing but more virus' then this makes me wonder if there is a virus that could inject prions.

Other than that, like I said, Im on the business end of things, not medical research.

Thank you much for that input,,It helps my research thus far.
Glad there are folks like you, trying..

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Instead of buying one of these "cure all" books or sitting through a questionable infomercial, isn't there any sites on the internet that list all of these natural remedies for FREE?

It'd be nice if someone who has all this knowledge just cared enough about people to post this little-known information for everyone to see.

If anyone knows of any sites, please post them or U2U me! Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
but what about "regular" headaches???

you know, the kinds you get when your sinus is clogged or if your glasses are dirty...

Once of the best home remedies for a 'regular' headache is using aromatherapy. Just dab peppermint oil along your hairline or where it used to be, if you don't have one. Then put it on the pulse points on your neck, behind the ears and on your wrists. It has a really nice cooling effect, too. I have no clue why this works, but it does.

I've even tried it with a migraine, and it was still pretty effective, though not as much.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Duzey]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It is true, there probably are useless supplements. Snake oil pedlers, they can still exist.

If you will move toward "real" food as one of your dietary rules this, I think, will help tremendously. Meaning preservatives and other garbage isn't added to it. Convienience foods can be loaded with stuff that you don't need. Pisses me off to see top brands with MSG added to their product. I hardly even go down some isles in Wal-mart, I just don't buy much of the stuff in those isles. Learn to fix your own meals, so you know more about what is in your food. And you get more food for your money many times. Move toward Organic as much as possible. There was a nice store called "Freshfields" in the Washington DC area that sold lots of organic and free range type stuff. Just wish I had one of those nearby.

Troy

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

asthma: avoid milk, and drink tea/coffee

Unfortunately that is a very limited approach, another way to help asthma is to A. NOT Smoke anything B. Keep you sleeping area completely clean(ie Dust and Vacuum TWICE a week) C. Get a de-humidifieer D. Take your prescriptions sparingly((do as the doc ordered you to the letter)especially the Blue Puffer as it constricts the airways over time, at least that's what the doc told me *shrug*)

Just a few things I've learned since I've been diagnosed with asthma since I was 5.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm convinced the the cure for cancer was found long ago. I also feel that it would be in the drug co.'s best intrest to not claim they have a cure for anything because they are raking the money in by keeping people ill. If it were not for all the big money being shuffled by our govt. among the Senators and Congressmen to the big Phrm. co.'s we might have saved many lives a long time ago. It is somewhat ironic that the U.S. can build billion dollar planes and space shuttles, but cannot find a gene that will turn off the production of cancer creating cells.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My family went as far as to buy the book, which I have to say tells you absolutely nothing. You have to join his website for what you want to know and from what I have heard on that one is that you have to pay a fee, not sure if it is monthly, yearly or what but the website doesnt tell you anything more then the book does which is zilch!!!

I can vouch also for the vinagar trick. I have suffered for 9 years with really bad acid reflux and it used to attack me daily and now i use the vinegar and it works like a charm. I am relieved of my symtoms with in minutes after taking it and I can eat foods now that I havent been able to eat in 9 years and I love my pizza and all that good food, now i can eat and enjoy and dont regret that i put it in my mouth.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Don't be snowed. Unfortunately Mr. Trudeau is only motivated by the same mechanism that he criticizes pharms to be motivated by: Money. Most of his claims, and solutions are very vague. I have read his book, and he does a good job of repeating the same mindless drivel over and over again. It is packed with tons of gripes, but thin on solutions, and certainly no substance. Does this mean there is no truth to what he says? No. I think he has some valid points, but don't be fooled. This man wants to sell books and he does this by promising to pull back the curtain. He only succeeds in re-iterating what a logical, thinking, and rational person probably already suspects/knows. Please don't waste your money on this. There are a lot of legitimate resources out there free, and they have more substance.

-P

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm convinced the the cure for cancer was found long ago.

Yes it's called early detection and treatment, and not following some hokey alt. "cure". I lost by aunt that way, she put more trust in Homeopathy then in her doctors. The thing of it was, the cancer she had was tottally cureable, and she detected in time. But she refused treatment till the last moment and she died. Don't let these snake Oil Peddlers ruin your family life...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If you all are really interested in the whole herbal remedy idea a good place to start is by researching early pagan religions and the potions,teas, or sauves used by them. When i was younger i read several books listing things like incense oils and brews that gave various cures such as chewing on willow bark to break a fever or to cure a headache, which was done as early as 400bc i beleive. Oddly enough a couple of 100 years later a few studies are done and it seems good old willow bark contains something just like asprin but they new about it in 400bc. If you read further into the various religious mixtures used to communicate with god/gods in cermonies you will also find that alot of the mixtures you will find they contain plants that have nero toxins or halucenagenic properties. These same nerotoxins are being sinthesized and used in modern medicine or in drug use. The medical community condisers discovering protiens like this modern miracles, yet centurys ago the local medicine men/women knew it all ready.

The problem with herbal remedies and the drug companies is there regulations and policies. A naturaly occuring drug can not be patented so the drug companies dont have a chance to make a buck. Yet at the same time since it cant be patented then any tom dick or harry can sell it as a supplement with out regulations. For instance a women taking saint johns wort for depression might take 100mg a day of one brand but then notice another brand on sale which says it is a 100mg but there will be a great deal of difference in the purity and if either actually contain 100mg. Plus on the same shelf there will be 100mg and 1500mg so if a friend reccomends you try it out which dosage do you try? No guidelines means a great deal of room for error , one women might pick up the 1500mg dosage and it may have side effects so she stops taking it without ever trying the 100mg dosage which may have worked perfectly for her. ( remember in the US more is always better which isnt always correct)

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i wonder if this book has a cure for the hiv virus.. or is it just from those african countries eating those monkey brains...?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
there is a cheap, herbal cure for cancer. The Chinese have known of it for 2000+ years.

It's not been officially medically tested (though, I am aware that NIH is in early stages of starting a study on it, regarding its potential as a malaria cure), but results from homeopathic testing have been quite promising.

Just check my signature for a link. I posted the article quite some time ago.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I saw this guy's infomercial last night at like 1am. He actually said there's a cure for herpes (of course he didn't reveal it because you have to buy his lousy book).

Does anyone know what he's talking about? Is there really a cure for Herpes, even though the medical community says there isn't??

PS- I do not have herpes or any other STD (that I'm aware of), I'm just curious. LOL

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

PS- I do not have herpes or any other STD (that I'm aware of), I'm just curious. LOL

its ok man..first stage of admitting u have a problem..is denial..but soon u'll be over it and be proud to be a herpe spreading machine

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Okay, this is too perfect, I just gotta. Sums up my beliefs on this topic very well.

(from bash.org)

Egger: Heres the history of our medicine.
       "I have a sore throat."
       2000 BC : "eat this root"
       1200 AD : "That root is heathen, say this prayer."
       1500 AD : "That prayer is superstition, drink this elixir."
       1800 AD : "That elixir is snake oil, Take this pill."
       1900 AD : "That pill is ineffective, Take this antibiotic."
       2000 AD : "That antibiotic is artificial, Here why dont you eat this root."

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Okay, this is too perfect, I just gotta. Sums up my beliefs on this topic very well.

in 4000 years we still use the original thing...

this root...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join