It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Canadian Encounter with a UFO: My Favourite

page: 1

log in


posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:54 PM
I will give you some background information from a case I find interesting. I think this one deserves attention.

Beware, long post.

Here is a prior thread on the case.

I decided to make a thread on the subject because it seemed to be overlooked. Perhaps it was covered more, im not sure. Again im still a noob !

First source

Source page 1

A sketch of the UFO the witness drew.

His physical burn marks.

Although the other thread gives a run down of the story, I will give a small portion of it.

He looked up and was surprised to see two red, glowing cigar-shaped objects descending at a forty-five degree angle. As they came nearer, their appearance became more oval and then disc-shaped.

As he watched, one of the objects stopped and hovered, while the other one descended and landed on a large, flat rock about 160 feet away from him. After a few moments the object still in the air departed, changing from red to orange to grey as it flew into the west and disappeared behind the clouds. The object on the ground also turned from red to grey and finally to the color of "hot stainless steel" surrounded by a golden-hued glow. He had been wearing welding goggles while chipping at the quartz to protect his eyes from flying rock fragments, and now they served the additional purpose of protecting his eyes from a brilliant purple light that was shining through openings in the object's exterior. The object was making a hissing sound and a whirring noise, and it gave off a sulphurous smell.

After about half an hour, a door opened in the side of the object, revealing a lighted interior. Michalak decided to move closer, and when he was approximately sixty feet away from the object, he began to hear two voices over the other sounds coming from the object.

This is a part I found interesting. The man spoke to them in numerous languages....

Believing that the object was a secret experimental American craft of some sort, Michalak called out in English. There was no response, so he tried Russian, German, Italian, French, Ukrainian, and then English again. There was still no response.

Michalak approached the open door and stuck his head inside. There he saw a maze of lights on what appeared to be a panel, and beams of light in horizontal and diagonal patterns. There was also a cluster of lights flashing in a random sequence "like on a computer."

Not seeing anyone, he pulled back and waited. Suddenly, three panels slid together, closing the opening completely. Michalak then examined the outer surface of the object, noting that it was like highly polished colored glass with no breaks or seams in its surface. He touched it, and it melted his glove.

Without warning, the object moved, and something like an exhaust vent was now in front of him. It was about nine inches high by six inches wide, and contained a uniform pattern of round holes, each about 1/16 inch in diameter. A blast of hot gas shot from these holes onto his chest, setting his shirt and undershirt on fire and causing him severe pain. He tore off his burning garments and threw them to the ground. He looked up in time to see the craft depart like the first, and felt a rush of air as it ascended.

Another interesting thing to note is this.

Michalak never made any money off his experience.

After the object was gone, Michalak noticed a strong odor of burning electrical insulation along with the sulphurous smell he had noticed earlier.

He also became sick.

Further sources:

Interesting notes in this source.

Just before rolling film, the director wanted Michalak to relax
and feel more comfortable in front of the cameras. He began
talking with him about the weather, his work, what Canada was
like and other nonchalant topics. Then, the director said,
"Well, Steve, I guess your being burned by the UFO was the most
incredible thing that has ever happened in your life." To the
surprise of everyone on the set, Michalak answered, "Oh, no, it
wasn't." Prodded further, Michalak bravely told the story of his
experiences in the Nazi death camps, speaking bluntly and
unwaveringly about the atrocities he witnessed firsthand. No one
dared interrupt his story, and when he was finished, the set was
filled with a stunned silence; the entire crew was awestruck.
Later, one of the crew said to me, "This guy is the most
credible we've ever interviewed. What's being burned by a flying
saucer compared with Nazi ovens?" From that moment on, Michalak
was treated with much respect and dignity, justly deserved. The
questioning regarding the UFO turned from "Did it really
happen?" to "What happened?"

CBC Link
CBC Story on the case

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:33 PM
Well, I can't imagine someone would purposely burn themselves to make their story more credible. I'd say the possibilities are:

1) He's telling the truth
2) He's completely insane and deliberately hurt himself to back up his story.
3) He hurt himself by accident in some other manner, and concocted this story to explain the injury

I can't think of any other possibilities, and in my mind, none of them are particularly probable. I think #2 can be pretty much ruled out. The guy sounds pretty sane to me. It's certainly a very interesting story, and one of the very few by a witness that appears sane and credible.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:34 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe they went back to the location, and the physical effects to the surronding ground connected with his story.

Another source of info

This is a very good read on the subject. Includes information about the soil disturbance etc.

Good info

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:16 PM
That really sounds like an encounter with alien technology. I.e. an alien robot probe.

Maybe a malfunctioning one. Perhaps it opened up to let what it thought were supposed to be its masters on board. Whatever it was expecting didn't happen, and so it launched.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:40 PM
Though I believe his encounter was real there was so much more to it. It had to do with his deliberately mis-guiding ufologists around and around but not near the site 'cause he didn't want them to know his secret (then) mineral site.

And when he did well, that was long after public interest died-out. The Mayo Clinic analysis was the more critical proof as they could not identify the Chest burns/marks which continually appeared on him.
The RCMP also confirmed the man was sincere at the time of their investigation.


posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:57 PM
I vaguely remember this case, but this certainly sheds more light on it than any account I recall. Dulcimer, don't feel confined by year old threads of a banned member....feel free to fill in the details on your own post if it helps narrate the event.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:07 AM
This link contains a TON of information about this case

The following quotes are taken from the above link.

It is worth the read if you have the time.

The scope of this intense investigation cannot be understated.
The Falcon Lake case may well be one of the most intensely
investigated well-documented on record. The case presents a
number of elements of particular interest to researchers:

1. Michalak's burns and other physiological effects;
2. the ground traces found at the site;
3. radioactivity allegedly associated with the site;
and 4. mysterious metal fragments found at the site.

This is interesting

The lack of radioactivity at the time is important, because on
May 19, 1968, Michalak again visited the site with a friend. In
his report to the Condon Committee, Roy Craig said Michalak

. . . massive pieces of radioactive material in a fissure of the
rock within the "landing circle." This . . . consisted of two
W-shaped bars of metal, each about 4.5 in. long, and several
smaller pieces of irregular shape. These items were said to have
been found about 2 in. below a layer of lichen in the rock
fissure. . . . the two fragments each consisted of a central
massive metal portion which was not radioactive. One of these was
93% and the other 96% silver. Both contained copper and cadmium,
and had a composition similar to that found in commercially
available sterling silver or sheet silver. The metal was coated
with a tightly-adhering layer of quartz sand, similar to that
used as a foundry sand. This also was not radioactive. The
radioactivity was contained in a loosely-adhering layer of
fine-grained minerals containing uranium. This layer could be
removed readily by washing and brushing. The minerals were
uranophane and thorium-free pitchblende, characteristically found
in vein deposits.

new topics

top topics


log in