It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reagan Whoppers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Not McDonalds new Sandwich, just lies from the republicans. I will also have a Newt Gingrich Whopper soon.

In Reagan's time as president/running for preisdent, he told great stories of evil liberals. None of them were true, but they were great stories. Oh sure he said they were true, he acted as if they were true, but nope, nada, wrong! What are some of these Reagan Whoppers?

Remember Reagan’s welfare queen in Chicago? She had bilked the government for $150,000 by applying for benefits using eighty different names, thirty addresses, a dozen social security cards, and four fictional dead husbands.
Attempts to confirm the story yielded only one woman who received $8,000 by using two false names.

This one about England, where “if a criminal carried a gun,
even if he didn’t use it, he was tried for first-degree murder and hung if he was found
guilty.” Not true.

Or one from hus childhood that was "true".
It was during his senior year, and, as Reagan tells it, his team was behind
in the last few seconds of the fourth quarter. Just as the final gun went off, Reagan caught a pass in the end zone for the winning touchdown. Only trouble was, Reagan had been offside. So he did the only thing he could. He went to the ref and told him about the infraction.
“I told the truth, the penalty was ruled, and Dixon lost the game.” The punch line of the story was that none of Reagan’s teammates was upset. After all, he told the truth.
Cannon went back to Dixon, and no one could recall the incident. In fact, in the only varsity game in which Reagan played, Dixon lost 24-0.

Wow, and Reagan was a pretty nice guy. All info comes from Reagan speeches, brought out by Al Franken Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot.

Also, a really long link to some of the BS stories told by Reagan.

Edit: I know he's dead, and not wanting to bash Reagan, but the truth is the truth, is it
not?

[edit on 4-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

ed. that really long link

[edit on 5-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't really have anything to say about this post, James. I just want to mention that I might not always agree with what you have to say but I always enjoy how you say "it". You have the unique ability to infuse your posts with your emotion. When I read something of yours, I know that you sincerely meant it. That's what I like, someone who doesn't mince words and says what they truly believe. Thanks for another interesting post. bt

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hey, CLinton lied about getting a BJ, Reagan lied about his childhood, the planet, so forth. Although he wasn't that bad a guy, just thought it was funny that he had all these stories that he told as true but weren't.

Are we going to look back at the Bush Administration and realize the whole thing was a story that wasn't true?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You could go all the way back to Washington chopping down the cherry tree if you wanted to talk about Presidential Whoppers.

All I have to say is McDonalds doesn't make the Whopper, Burger King does. I'll add that to the list of your "lies"

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Then what the hell does McDonalds sell? Ok, BK sells Whoppers, Rallys sell Big Bufords, Taco Bell sells Tacos....

Anyways, so no problem with lieing to the people unless you are a democrat? So, as long as you aren't lieing about getting a blowjob it's all ok?

top topics

join