It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: FBI Arrest Pentagon Analyst with ties to A.I.P.A.C

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Pentagon analyst Larry Frankin was finally arrested after a year under investigation by the FBI for sharing classified information with A.I.P.A.C. Franklin was tied to A.I.P.A.C, a major lobbing group for Israel, last year and worked for the Defense Undersecretary of Policy Doug Feith.

n ews.yahoo.com
Larry Franklin, 58, of Kearneysville, W. Va., turned himself in Wednesday morning, FBI spokeswoman Debra Weierman said. He was scheduled to make an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Va., later Wednesday, Weierman said.
The charge is the first in an investigation dating back to 2001 about whether Israel improperly obtained classified U.S. information.

FBI agents twice searched AIPAC offices as part of the investigation. They also have interviewed two AIPAC employees about whether Franklin gave them classified information that wound up in Israel's hands.
AIPAC said it gave the FBI files related to those same two employees, who previously were identified — Steve Rosen, the director of research, and Keith Weissman, deputy director of foreign policy issues. Neither still works for the group.

A Pentagon official said Franklin continued to work at the Pentagon until his arrest, but he could not immediately say what kind of work he performed or who was his immediate supervisor. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the matter is under FBI investigation.
However, Franklin's top secret security clearance was suspended in June 2004, the Justice Department said. He formerly worked in the office of policy undersecretary Douglas Feith.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This story has much broader implication than meets the eye! If you remember the US was investigating Chalabi at this time and trying to find out how he received the information he was passing on to the Iranians. Feith, Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld distanced themselves from Chalabi after that, but they forgot to tie up the loose ends with Frankin and the A.I.P.A.C .. The plot thickens!

[edit on 4-5-2005 by cafeman]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why is an israeli spy trying to infilitrate our intelligence? And more importantly why are we treating Arial Sharon and his chronies with upmost respect when they have the same terrorist ties as any militant organization in Palestine?

Stop amnesty to Israel

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Stop amnesty to Israel?

I'll give a dollar to whoever can name a nation that has never spied on the US and a nation that the US has never spied on.

Good luck. Unless you own your own country that I've never heard of, you won't find an answer.

That said, if there was wrongdoing, I'm glad they caught the guy. The security of this nation is not something that should be carelessly passed around, whether to an allied nation or not.

If the lobbying group broke laws (that is other than just 'received' information) then they should be carted off too. I guess that will come out in the course of the investigation.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
For those who may not know what AIPAC is:

AIPAC

Google Search

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Grady, thanks for the convenient link. Very interesting.

I just think it's outrageous that we allow a group to lobby for a foreign power. It's always seemed bizzarre to me. They openly steer the US policies, doing whatever is necessary to get benefits (yes, they also mention $$$ in their manifestos).

Wake up and smell the coffee, people.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

from Aelita
I just think it's outrageous that we allow a group to lobby for a foreign power. It's always seemed bizzarre to me. They openly steer the US policies, doing whatever is necessary to get benefits (yes, they also mention $$$ in their manifestos).

Well, it's not much different than having a foreign embassy in your land, if you think about it. Actually, ambasssadors are much worse since they can invoke diplomatic immunity.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It’s about time! Now for the rest of the Zionist Parasites!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
AIPAC has waaaaaaay more pull than even the NRA. They are the tip of the iceberg for "Pro Isreal" PACS however. According to the website opensecrets.org Pro Israelin 2004 3+ million was spent by a variety of pacs to support this cause.

Total Amount: $3,141,994
Total to Democrats: $1,967,330 (63%)
Total to Republicans: $1,173,664 (37%)
Number of PACs Making Contributions: 36

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Well, it's not much different than having a foreign embassy in your land, if you think about it. Actually, ambasssadors are much worse since they can invoke diplomatic immunity.

Please explain?

How many times does that happen?

Many people/nations take advantage of it in the wrong way. But
foreign diplomats in the US have the same immunity.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
For those who may not know what AIPAC is:

AIPAC

Google Search

GradyPhilpott:
Thank you for the links....I obviously should not have taken fore-granted that everyone would be aware of AIPAC. I hope you don't mind if I add these links to the above!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cafeman
Pentagon analyst Larry Frankin was finally arrested after a year under investigation by the FBI for sharing classified information with A.I.P.A.C. Franklin was tied to A.I.P.A.C, a major lobbing group for Israel, last year and worked for the Defense Undersecretary of Policy Doug Feith.

n ews.yahoo.com
Larry Franklin, 58, of Kearneysville, W. Va., turned himself in Wednesday morning, FBI spokeswoman Debra Weierman said. He was scheduled to make an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Va., later Wednesday, Weierman said.
The charge is the first in an investigation dating back to 2001 about whether Israel improperly obtained classified U.S. information.

FBI agents twice searched AIPAC offices as part of the investigation. They also have interviewed two AIPAC employees about whether Franklin gave them classified information that wound up in Israel's hands.
AIPAC said it gave the FBI files related to those same two employees, who previously were identified — Steve Rosen, the director of research, and Keith Weissman, deputy director of foreign policy issues. Neither still works for the group.

A Pentagon official said Franklin continued to work at the Pentagon until his arrest, but he could not immediately say what kind of work he performed or who was his immediate supervisor. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the matter is under FBI investigation.
However, Franklin's top secret security clearance was suspended in June 2004, the Justice Department said. He formerly worked in the office of policy undersecretary Douglas Feith.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This story has much broader implication than meets the eye! If you remember the US was investigating Chalabi at this time and trying to find out how he received the information he was passing on to the Iranians. Feith, Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld distanced themselves from Chalabi after that, but they forgot to tie up the loose ends with Frankin and the A.I.P.A.C .. The plot thickens!

AIPAC

www.cnionline.org...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Why does Bush insist on respect for Mexico while their people are doing the same or worse than Israel? Answer that one and you'll answer your own question. Shall we stop foreign aid and forcibly stop illegal immigration and smuggling from the south?

Originally posted by Simulacra
Why is an israeli spy trying to infilitrate our intelligence? And more importantly why are we treating Arial Sharon and his chronies with upmost respect when they have the same terrorist ties as any militant organization in Palestine?

Stop amnesty to Israel

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It’s about time! Now for the rest of the Zionist Parasites!

Holy cow... I thought this was ATSNN ... you know, where members state things that are credible in an attempt to report and analyze news stories. I wasn't aware someone thought it was "rant hatefully" day here. Do you need a billboard stating the difference?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Stop amnesty to Israel?

I'll give a dollar to whoever can name a nation that has never spied on the US and a nation that the US has never spied on.

You owe me a dollar, maybe more, I seriously doubt Jamaica or Micronesia ever spy on America.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
How about Andorra, Monoco and San Marino. I doubt either of those three ever spied on us.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Originally posted by jsobecky

Please explain?

How many times does that happen?

Many people/nations take advantage of it in the wrong way. But
foreign diplomats in the US have the same immunity.

I think I didn't make my point clearly enough. Restated:

"Well, it's not much different than having a foreign embassy in our land, if you think about it."

Does that clear it up?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Oh Yeah - speaking of "Defense Undersecretary of Policy Doug Feith" - when is this TRAITOR going to be thrown in Prison along with Pollard?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Oh Yeah - speaking of "Defense Undersecretary of Policy Doug Feith" - when is this TRAITOR going to be thrown in Prison along with Pollard?

Don't forget Steven Cambone....Wolfy...and Perle. All of these individuals are responsible for misleading the American public on the issues surrounding the war. In Fact Cambone got his tail reamed during the Abu Graib hearings in congress. It brought a smile to my face to watch that portion of the hearings!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yeah I am all for Throwing "Dick" Perle in Prison too! They should also throw "Dick" Cheney (and his Dirty Halliburton Dealings) in there too! I wonder who Bush would turn to in order to tell him what to do in that case - probably Daddy Bush (I don't think that Daddy Bush is actually a Zionist Himself - check out his Quotes on the reasons he gave for not going into Iraq after Kicking Saddam out of Kuwait in 1992 - if only the Son was as Wise
)!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
AIPAC has waaaaaaay more pull than even the NRA.

Well, at least one of you has an inkling of just how pervasive and powerful the combined "Pro Israeli" PACS are. They are much more powerful than any other special intrest group in the country. I wouldn't want to see this put to a test, but if Israel Nuked the US I doubt Congress would declare war on Israel.

Want to keep your seat in congress?, then don't say anything bad about Israel. They are so powerful I sometimes wonder just who is really running this country.

new topics

top topics

join