It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New very interesting ufo footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A very interesting formation of lights have been filmed in Dickinson, North Dakota. After a while, you can see more lights appear from the top corners of the original lights. The way they appear looks very similar to the famous Phoenix lights.

Full description of sighting and videos are available on the HBCC UFO WEBSITE.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That's nothing like the free-falling and inactive lights of the Pheonix sighting (main sighting) that are remarkably similar to flares.

These actually have FORMATIONS and ACTIVITY. I cant think of anything that could explain it... Besides one thing of course

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i wasn't aware that the phoenix lights were free falling in a vertical direction.....i thought they traveled horizontally and disappeared over a distant mountain range.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by el cid
i wasn't aware that the phoenix lights were free falling in a vertical direction.....i thought they traveled horizontally and disappeared over a distant mountain range.

Nope, they fall straight down and dissapear over the ridge of the mountain.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i think the armed forces dropped these flares as to confuse the real sightings that were seen by many witnesses.Witnesses describe triangular ships 100's of yards across drifting silently over their houses.(pheonix)
I wonder if there were any closer sightings in north dakota like the ones in pheonix.(distract and deny)

xu

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
[sarcasm] thats a baloon

hah, I am being sceptic you see. I am being very scientific and logicallly correct, yep thats a baloon and very sceptic I am. [/sarcasm]

I remember that the phoenix lights were filmed from various angles and they were fixed in altitude.

this vids are very interesting, they dont look like any conventional aircraft known to public.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

then what did the MANY eyewitnesses see when they described the pattern of lights travel over their heads and over the mountain range? any idea?

because flares don't do that.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Do not make me say what I did not say

I just said that the way the lights (not the first four, but the others) appear looks quite similar to the way the phoenix lights did. Only this.

[edit on 4/5/2005 by Musclor]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
for the record (maybe GAZROK can help here)
I beleive that many threads have established that there were TWO PHOENIX EVENTS...
one was very wierd and witnessed by many...
the later one was more obviously flares that are suspect as military coverup attempt...

as you can see, this coverup/confusion worked very well

sorry to drop this without links to the threads, but no time while at work...
good luck, and personally...
they look pretty impresive and suspect of UFO...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

for the record (maybe GAZROK can help here)
I beleive that many threads have established that there were TWO PHOENIX EVENTS...
one was very wierd and witnessed by many...
the later one was more obviously flares that are suspect as military coverup attempt...

Correct, there were two different sightings, I believe one at 8pm, and then one at 10pm (though I'm not 100% positive on those times), with the latter one being the most indicative of flares.

Only recently, was I aware of the two sightings, as I had long ago ascribed to the flare theory as pretty sound. I do however, intend to go into this account as well, with the kind of detail I've done in the past. I don't know until such research is done, which way I'll lean after that...as it will depend on the evidence I find.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thats why I said the "main sighting". When people say that something compare to the "Pheonix lights", they are usually refering to the often seen video of the string of flares falling behind a mountain. The other sighting is much more interesting, but lacks more hands on evidence.

Either way, this video doesnt look like any of those... Its definetly not flares. But you cant really see it as an aircraft either. Its just odd lights that defy explanation, heh.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by merka]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
wow...i never knew there were two sightings. i take it that the later one was obviously military flares -- i'd be very interested to see it..i'll have to try and find it.

as an aside, i bought "out of the blue" a couple of days ago -- their "phoenix lights" segment was very good...if for the eyewitness testimony than nothing else.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
lol this thread is turning into a phoenix lights one. Don't forget the original sighting

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
your lights remind me a little of a sighting i had from my backyard some time ago...
Whenever i see lights that seem associated and flying either in formation or as a total larger structure, I pay attention...

I have two theorys...
1: a plane making unusual turns that make the lights appear brighter and dimmer as the craft turns... (location would tend to nullify this theory)
2: a bonified UFO... or group of them

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Can't get video to play (Qtime or Mplayer with up to date codecs) but things to consider:

1. Fireflies

2. Internal lens flare

3. Hot pixels from cheapo CCD after shooting at Moon

Moon is obviously dim, so aperture is way stopped down or there is a filter on the lens. If lens in multi-element, then any flaw on the lens surfaces or joins along with the flare could cause all sorts of fun stuff. Stopped down should have great DOF but who knows.

People assume cameras are a perfect imaging source. They are not, and people have to understand the flaws inherent in the system, especially with low light and bright objects around. I'm not saying they ain't real but they could also be what I said....

That one classic Phoenix shot was a METEOR (or other space junk) breaking up....

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
UofCinLA, try to download the pack of codecs here : www.free-codecs.com...
It includes MainConcept MPEG Video Decoder, which is the one i have and which works fine with the video.

Then after you saw the videos, please come back and tell me if you still think this is fireflies or lens flare.

[edit on 5/5/2005 by Musclor]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

The FLARE experiment used to EXPLAIN the Pheonex lights do exactly as you say.........however, the footage of the actuall Pheonix lights seem a tad differant, and do travel across the sky and do NOT fall down. You must compare the 2 differant events............1st was the unexplainable lights seen and photographed by MANY, then the next day or day after .....they do the 'flare' re enactment and sweep it all under the guise of 'FLARES'..........

The flares NEVER explain the HUGE triangular CRAFT that was crossing the Arizona sky.......

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Moon is obviously dim, so aperture is way stopped down or there is a filter on the lens. If lens in multi-element, then any flaw on the lens surfaces or joins along with the flare could cause all sorts of fun stuff. Stopped down should have great DOF but who knows.

According to the site, the moon is dim due to being a "blue moon", not from the camera.

First off hand I don’t remember the exact month we had the blue moon but I’m sure it was August or September and this filming took place on the second night I am pretty sure because what I do remember is forgetting about the blue moon and I remember being happy I saw it on the second night!

top topics

join