It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

User Dbrandt wishes to help me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

User dbrandt on a seperate forum was gracious enough to offer to 'change' me and my beliefs. I am told that their is a Christian God who tells me I don't have to be like this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I throw open the floor to dbrandt and to anyone else who can convince that I am wrong.

Let the 'change' begin!!!!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hello Howmuch...
I have to agree with dbrandt here. It is my opinion that if your story is true (and I have no reason to believe it isnt...I've seen and dealt with many of these types of things before) you are being assulted by spiritually demonic forces. This is sometime known as a generational curse. There is an answer, however, and it is found in Christ. As dbrandt explained the first step is to understand what the Gospel REALLY is. It has nothing to do with the Catholic or Protestan churchs. It is very personal between you and God. It is a TRUE BELIEF that Christ did indeed bear your sins on the cross and that through faith in His sacrifice your sins are forgiven. There is nothing that you can do to earn salvation...it is simply a gift that any human being on earth can receive by receiving Christ by faith. This can be done through a simple but earnest prayer to Him. If you are willing to acknowledge your sins and believe that Christ died and rose again from the dead for you then He will indeed come to your aid. This is salvation of the Spirit. It asures your place in the kingdom of God. However, it is not salvation of the soul (your mind) which (with the help of the Holy Spirit) takes years of retraining to accomplish and we never really "arrive" at perfection. But the journey IS GREAT! And you will find peace if you persist. The next thing I would do is to make contact with a true Bible believing church. They should have personel there who can preform an exorcism to rid you of the demonic influences you are experiencing. As incredible as your story may sound to others I can issure you that by following the above advice you will be just as amazed by the relief you will receive...I wouldn't put it off. If you are really serious and want some good sources please let me know and I'll get them for you. God Bless!

[edit on 4-5-2005 by lapi7]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy

I am told that their is a Christian God who tells me I don't have to be like this.

The "I" that I used in that response in that thread, was meant to be God saying this. Only God can change a person.

I can certainly answer questions and give info from what I know concerning the Bible. God doesn't want you to know Him through me, He wants you to know Him first hand. Daily Bible reading is a start. And simply, like a child would ask a parent for a drink of water and receive it, ask God to reveal Himself to you, and He will.

It is true, we can be different people through Christ. It's a change from the inside out, that gets at the source of our problems. God changes our way of thinking and we can know the difference between right and wrong, as our mind is renewed.

And I actually do want to help you or anyone else who wants to know Jesus Christ. But He is the one to focus on not me.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
personally i have found it is easier to bring have a person seek faith, then prove faith to them

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thank you all, esp. dbrandt for your replies. Sorry about my own delay in doing so.

Lapi............

Very wise words, but probably better directed at the author of the original thread I was referring to. However, thank you for your kind words.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please go back and contribute to the original thread, I am sure it would be appreciated!!

Jehosephat......I love your little jumping Jehosephat animation...I giggled like a little girl for a full 20 mins after seeing it!!!

But to counter the point you made....

personally i have found it is easier to bring have a person seek faith, then prove faith to them

It IS easier to brainwash someone who is willing to be brainwashed than to explain your case in a rational fashion to someone in control of their commen and good sense. The stage remains open to you to do more than spew glib ad-libs taken from the manual of 'speaking your truth' by Jehovah witness/mormon/other cults et al.......

And finally Mr. dbrandt.....

you said:
The "I" that I used in that response in that thread, was meant to be God saying this. Only God can change a person.

So 'God' speaks through you now? How thrilling! Claims of channeling the almighty himself? It was you, however that offered these insights to me and not God as far as I can remember.

I can certainly answer questions and give info from what I know concerning the Bible.

Not interested. The bible has no relevance to me, no relevance to the real world and certainly no relevance to the topics being discussed on these boards. Never the less, you and the other nests of 'Christians' insist on spewing ad nauseum bible passages to back up your arguments. Much to the chagrin of those of us who prefer to back up our arguments with logic, however rusty, with something more than regurgitated passages from dusty tomes.

God doesn't want you to know Him through me

Yet here we are. I take it you were confirmed? Did you get the little slap on the cheek? It was symbolic. Here is the real deal. Pucker up.

He wants you to know Him first hand

I try. Every day through the actions of ordinary people. None of them christians. None of them spewing bible passages in some insane christian pi$$ing contest.

Daily Bible reading is a start.

Down the dark road to ignorance if you ask me. How about Daily talking to people from the real world. Or even daily reading of other religious tomes??? The Torah? The Koran? The Hitch-hikers guide to the Galaxy??

And simply, like a child would ask a parent for a drink of water and receive it, ask God to reveal Himself to you, and He will.

HOW CONDESCENDING!!!!!

How about we all talk like adults. If there is a God, then surely he made me in such a way as to question, especially to question mindless DOGMA. I will not blindly accept, I will not bury my head in endless sands of ritual and ancient discourse, I choose to live in the real world and address problems with real solutions and opinions.

How about you?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
who said anything about brainwashing? For me learning about christinanity was similar to learning about history.

new topics

top topics

join