It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurgents Using U.S. Techniques

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thanks, Souljah, I like your sig too! I decided to go the humorous route with this one, and yeah, those quotes are so damn funny!

I'm no military expert, but those of you here
must admit that the Bush Administration screwed up. Hell, they knew they would need more troops at the jump, but of course, no one listened to reason. Didn't a Marine ask Rumsfeld about better armor a couple of months ago? Oh, wait, the reporter put him up to it.

And, regardless of how the insurgents got the techniques, we should be able to neutralize them, since we made them up, DECADES ago. Makes you wonder, though; what if an enemy gets some of our more sophisticated techs? From what we see now, we'd be in deep $hit...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andpau66

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
Did these insurgents inherit the teachings from us when we aided out former ally, against the war on communism (al queda)?

Originally posted by Souljah
FORT MONMOUTH, N.J., May 3, 2005 -- In 1965, the U.S. Army published a detailed manual on how to build and hide booby traps, complete with detailed diagrams illustrating various means of wiring detonators to explosives, and advising on the best locations for concealing the deadly bombs along roadways and elsewhere.

I believe that pretty much answers your question. The army published the manual.. they picked it up and read it.

You can find this stuff anywhere online......you don't need an army manual on how to make IED's......
The manual helps with the booby trap thing......I agree with you there

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And, regardless of how the insurgents got the techniques, we should be able to neutralize them, since we made them up, DECADES ago. Makes you wonder, though; what if an enemy gets some of our more sophisticated techs? From what we see now, we'd be in deep $hit...

Ok, once again IED's are unique to the person who makes them!!!

there's no manual that covers every IED!!!!

People make them up up and get creative...........that's why it's hard to disarm some of them.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Ok, the US did not invent IED's. You sources have are 100% false.
IED, improvsed explosive device.
An IED is any device not professionaly manufactured that is designed to explode and cause bodily harm or death.
There are a few characteristics such as timing devices, sensors wich could me motion, audible or vibration or many more variations

IED's have been around for a long time, the war in Iraq made them very popular amongst civilians. The US simply dubbed it the name "IED".

And how should they know the best way to disarm IED's????
IED are unique to the person who makes it!!!

Google link here

They can be cellphones, boxes, bags, shoes, PEOPLE, canisters, ect...

Yes, ofcourse they didnt Invent the IED we see today, because as you said, they are unique to every person who makes it. But the USA did make a good plan to start with, a good basis to improvise then around - just like it says in the article at the start. Do we really need to post this again?

In 1965, the U.S. Army published a detailed manual on how to build and hide booby traps, complete with detailed diagrams illustrating various means of wiring detonators to explosives, and advising on the best locations for concealing the deadly bombs along roadways and elsewhere.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The German engineers in WWII were masters in booby traps and defensive tactics. It was continous fight betwen German and Allied engineers. They put antitank mine on top on another antitank mine etc. My personal favourite is when they boobytraped even a natural cover where the allied engineers wanted to hide before they detonated the boobytrap. Targeting not only enemy personel but eng. corp too. Simply genious. There is no limit to human ingenuity and resourcefullnes.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
the U.S. military is now countering the IEDs but not enough jamming devices. we have hundreds of IEDs per week about couple of soldiers either dead or many dozens wounded dat shows progress right there. but im glad the insurgents using IEDs since had we not, we would have learn IEDs later in the future, better to learn it early. new jamming devices are comin up. the insurgents may use wire to the IED but it leads to their position. the Israelis have already use jamming devices against the Palestinians and the Palestinians rarely use it, and the Palestinians are consider the best guerillas there is in the world.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I watched a TV show a while back where the police used a device to immobilize vehicles during a high speed chase. They would launch a small motorized device that would emit a short powerful electromagntic burst that would blow out the car's electronics.

Something like this could be adapted to destroy IED's.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
The German engineers in WWII were masters in booby traps and defensive tactics. It was continous fight betwen German and Allied engineers. They put antitank mine on top on another antitank mine etc. My personal favourite is when they boobytraped even a natural cover where the allied engineers wanted to hide before they detonated the boobytrap. Targeting not only enemy personel but eng. corp too. Simply genious. There is no limit to human ingenuity and resourcefullnes.

You are Right here - but I have to correct you a little bit:

There is no limit to human ingenuity and resourcefullnes in Inventing New Ways of Killing Each other!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Good News for US Troops in Iraq:

Pentagon rushing 10,000 jammers to Iraq

Washington, DC, May. 5 (UPI) -- U.S. Defense Secretary Rumsfeld has approved $10 million to rush 10,000 new jammers to Iraq to help combat roadside bombs, Pentagon officials said Thursday.

AF Rbots make bomb-hunting safer

WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio (AFPN) -- After a civil engineer was injured by a submunition while clearing a beddown area during the early days of Operation Iraqi Freedom at Tallil Air Base, Iraq, it was time to find a solution to the problem

Up-Armored 'Gun Trucks' Save Servicemembers' Lives In Iraq

WASHINGTON --- New 5-ton armored "gun trucks" fielded in Iraq are providing U.S. troops with effective protection against insurgents' improvised explosive devices and small-arms fire, a senior military researcher said today on Capitol Hill.

Take a gun truck's standard 5-ton heftiness - heavier than a Humvee -- then add armor and multiweapons capacity -- including hard-hitting .50-caliber machine guns - and you've got "a much more serious convoy protection platform," DeTeresa explained.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join