It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

charles manson & FORD connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
mods - please move if not in appropriate forum.

hello fellow ATSers. Ive been reading about Charles Manson recently. Those of you familiar with this character know he was/is? a sick sick man. He masterminded the serial killings of many people. If I understand correctly - he had a 'commune' of sorts out in the desert where he and his little kult did a lot of acid - and then went on killing sprees.. i have heard that one of the ladies he brainwashed attempted to kill president Ford. do any of you know about this? its clear he had something against the establishment, but this man was more than opinionated, he was a killer. i dont believe he ever admitted remorse after being caught either. he was definetly a reactionary.

could charles manson be labeled a 'right-wing terrorist'?

any thoughts - trivial as they may be?

[edit on 4-5-2005 by lost]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Actually, he "brainwashed" some of his followers to try to assasinate President Gerald Ford NOT President Reagan. I believe that one of his members, a "Squeaky Fromm" (that was her name, honest) was arrested at a rally for the President while in possession of a firearm and she did some time in prison for this.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
FORD! thank you BT!

wow - you can tell who payed attention in history class. sorry - even my title is off.

well, that explains why i couldnt nail it with google. ok squeeky fromm, a member of mansons ring was arrested for carrying a firearm..

does anybody know of any good sites that detail the inner workings of mansons thoughts? what did he have against the establishment that resulted in his killings and commands to kill?

...off to google.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ok....interesting, but I have a question for you. Why are you yelling the name "Ford" what's the deal with that? It's confusing to say the least.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
funny you ask;

one of my teachers recently told me to research mansons connection to a reagan assasination. but i couldnt find anything - until it was mentioned that it wasnt reagan at all - it was FORD.

sooo, yes this is related to a class assignment - thats ok isnt it? im still doing the research - just having the experts at ATS help me. you dont feel taken advantage of do you?

so again - if you got a moment - and you know charles manson like the back of your hand - maybe you could point me in the right direction? initially, i wanted to illustrate Charles Manson as a right-wing terrorist, but it is clear he was not. now i just want to portray him as a reactionary.

His actions could be described as terroristic - but what were his motives?

anyways, back to work - any help is appreciated.

edit: this doesnt have to be 'losts' manson-homework thread. please discuss whatever tangent comes to mind. i am interested either way.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If you really want an insight into Manson connections, check into the Manson-Brian Wilson connection. Yes, Brian Wilson of the "Beach Boys". It seems that Manson actually hung out with Wilson at his beach home. I don't think that it is anything more than that as Brian spent most of his time "chillin" in bed but who knows what you might dig up.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
manson was actualy working on a recording with wilson and (shudder) rumor has it he was actually a pretty good musician. www.charliemanson.com...

His whole thing was to start a race war with the tate/ labianca murders and his goal was to rid the US of minorities. Thats about it. Add some impressionable kids on acid, and thats the story.

here's the lowdown on fromme
www.squeakyfromme.org...

[edit on 4-5-2005 by syrinx high priest]

[edit on 4-5-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
BT, thats really crazy - because yesterday I almost bought Brian Wilsons new album, for giggles - odd. Thanks for the tip.

And thank you s.h.p. im disecting the Fromm link at the moment. I guess theres no rule that psychopaths can't play folk music. weird to say the least. cool stuff.

top topics

join