It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hill Abduction Case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Excellent presentation Gazrok

this observation from Hynek caught my attention,

"Under repeated hypnosis they independently revealed what had supposedly happened. The two stories agreed in considerable detail, although neither Betty nor Barney was privy to what the other had said under hypnosis until much later. Under hypnosis they stated that they had been taken separately aboard the craft, treated well by the occupants - rather as humans might treat experimental animals - and then released after having been given the hypnotic suggestion that they would remember nothing of that particular experience. The method of their release supposedly accounted for the amnesia, which was apparently broken only by counter-hypnosis.” – J. Allen Hynek, in his book, “The UFO Experience”

www.nicap.org...

the fact their story under hypnosis was identical or "in agreement" is certainly interesting. i'm not a Psychologist and have never been subjected to hypnosis but it's seems unlikely they could have a matching story under those conditions if it didn't really happen.

i was reading this blog today about the incident and my curiosity led me to your thread. good work on the map ...S&F

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There are several facets of this story that interest me greatly. I was on Skeptoids website sharing my rebuttals of some of their arguments and insinuation, but alas my 3000 word response in their comment section was removed and my subsequent complaint of that removed itself.

I've been reading the book 'Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience: The True Story of the World's First Documented Alien Abduction' and one thing jumped at me.

According to Betty, shortly after Hohmann's and Jackson's visit, a bizarre, unsettling event occurred at her home. Betty stated that, upon returning to their Portsmouth home after a full day's exploratory journey to the White Mountains, she and Barney unlocked their door and entered their kitchen. To their amazement, they discovered a pile of dried brown leaves in the center of their table. They checked their doors and windows, and they seemed secure, but somehow, someone had been able to enter their home. They returned to the table and began to discard them. But as the leaves parted, Betty and Barney gasped in astonishment, as they discovered Betty's blue earrings. These were the earrings that she had taken on their trip to Canada, the ones that matched her blue dress, the ones she was wearing on the night of their encounter. She hadn't realized that they were missing. She hadn't even thought about them since she slipped them onto her earlobes on the morning of September 19. In an undated diary entry, she wrote, "My eyes filled with tears [that] ran down my cheeks. I did not want Barney to see my reaction, so I picked up my earrings and went into the bedroom, and put them into my jewelry box where they still remain. I have never worn them again." Why had they been placed upon her table in this bizarre manner? Could someone have entered their home without a key? Did it offer a clue to what occurred during the period of missing time? Betty suspected that it did. At the time, Betty and Barney reported the earring incident in strictest confidence to only her closest family members. Kathy remembers their visit to her childhood home and the feelings of distress they exhibited when they discovered that their house had been illegally entered. They felt a sense of violation and vulnerability. The adults in the room expressed concern about Betty's and Barney's privacy and safety, and they devised a plan to install deadbolt locks to thwart additional unlawful entries. Kathy's inquiries have revealed that the Hills did not report this occurrence to any investigator at the time of its occurrence...

...The Hills lived alone and no one had a key to their apartment, so family members and friends could not have been playing tricks on them. They began to think that some agency, perhaps the Air Force or the CIA, didn't want their UFO encounter to be investigated. Once, when Betty picked up the phone receiver, she simultaneously heard a second party answer, "Base Intelligence." This incident caused her to suspect that her phone line was tapped. In order not to appear paranoid, the Hills decided to keep the intrusions secret. They forged ahead, undeterred by these events, and continued to search for answers.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is one of the most detailed abduction cases ive ever read. just the fact that they mention twentieth century technology back in the 60s is stunning. they just released to the public the first hologram image or device a few months ago. i believe every part of it. i had a similar experience but no abductions...that i know of.

me and a buddy were in his car at around 230am about 2 and a half years ago nov or dec of 08. he doesnt speak for over 20 mins. i hit him, yelled, pinched, snapped...everything i could think of. he didnt even blink once. than out of nowhere as im kinda freaked out cause the cd were listening to goes from 1 to 10 than 10 back to 1. skips over the entire cd. time seemed to standstill. he finally comes to and says he just had an out of body experience
im thinking hes messing with me and hes somewhat of a compulsive liar..so it leaves me wondering. but than he said the words "zeta reculi" OUT OF NOWHERE. both him and i immediately after saying those 2 words get a mental image in our head and i flip out and so does he. later about 4 months later as i was incarcerated for a stupid decision i decided to make...saw a documentary on UFO's and a abduction case that had the stars of zeta in it...from that point for about a couple months i thought i had lost my mind. to THIS day anytime i talk about it i get the cold sweats and start shaking something awful. ive also started crying because it was soo weird and unexplained. i didnt even like typing this out..but felt it needed to be shared. whether you want to believe me or not is up to you..but it was very real. and there are parts i left out because i dont like talking about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A classic case. One of the most detailed I've seen, and one of my personal favourites. You did a great job laying the case out thoroughly and clearly Gazrok, thank you for that.

What stands out the most for me in this case is the starmap that Betty Hill drew. Is it possible that it's just a coincidence, or even simply dumb luck? Sure it is, anything's possible. But to get the details nailed as accurately as she did is really something. I have a hard time accepting her map as a hoax because of that. And of course as a result of the map (among other details of the case), I'd have a very hard time convincing myself that this case is anything but genuine.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What always gets me about the Hill case is how dumb the "aliens" seem to be. Their tests are crude, they're surprised by something like false teeth and how Barney can be black and Betty can be white. You would think that taking all the effort to come here, they would have done a bit more research.

Also, in the years that have passed we've gotten more used to the idea of a moving map (holographic or not) that changes according to where you are, and it now seems to me that the "big" planets in the map are not Zeta Reticuli 1 and 2 (sorry, Zetageeks), but rather the Earth and the Moon.

Either way, it's a weird story full of strangeness. Hard to "debunk," but also hard to make any sense out of it at all. If anything, it's more like a weird dream come to life, rather than any kind of interaction with aliens or time travelers, or whatever.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecretX
this case was a while ago. several decades correct?

Going on a half-century now. My goodness, I'm getting old.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Interesting perspective.

Maybe as "abductions" became more fashionable people embellished and upgraded the stories to keep up to date with more modern technology and the like.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
Interesting perspective. Maybe as "abductions" became more fashionable people embellished and upgraded the stories to keep up to date with more modern technology and the like.

One of Jacques Vallee's notions is that UFO shapes and technology frequently seem to mirror what it on people's minds, depending on the time that they have the encounter. So in the 1890's, UFOs are airships. In the 1950's they're streamlined chrome saucers. In the 1960's they're more like eggs. In the 1990's, they're black triangles. They represent what we as humans are working on, even if maybe only in our imaginations. They're not a thousand years ahead of us. But only a few decades. Men In Black are also often described as odd, in that they don't seem to understand or recognize common things in ordinary settings. Images of authority, but more like puppets.

In that regard, these things might be more like physical manifestations of our own subconscious. Real, but not 100 percent whole or complete. As a result, some of the details sometimes get lost. And what would be the most fertile time for something like this to manifest? Late night, driving on a mostly deserted country road, when your mind wanders in and out of full consciousness, maybe?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff56
What stands out the most for me in this case is the starmap that Betty Hill drew. Is it possible that it's just a coincidence, or even simply dumb luck? Sure it is, anything's possible. But to get the details nailed as accurately as she did is really something. I have a hard time accepting her map as a hoax because of that.

Well, I have yet to see anyone take a contemporary computer astronomy program and come up with a good verification of it. And if they can do it, I'd like to see where the point of view is coming from. Are we looking from Earth, or some other place out in space? The "alien" messed with Betty by asking her to show him where she thought she was on the map. Maybe it's because Earth wasn't on it, but rather the point from which the map was looking.

Although I tend to think that if it was at all like a UFO Garmin map, showing real objects in this spatial reality, the two largest stars were probably the Earth (with an equatorial band on it) and the Moon.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Late night, driving on a mostly deserted country road, when your mind wanders in and out of full consciousness, maybe?

Very interesting concept, "driving hypnosis" or whatever its called. I've experienced this myself a few times on long desert drives. Times where I lost track of time and my mind drove the car on "Auto Pilot" as part of it slept or whatnot. Scary thought that I could have easily crashed!

It is a very interesting concept, perhaps something that can help explain some "missing time" stories?

edit on 17-2-2011 by Turiddu because: (no reason given)

aod

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Do you know whats the most ailen thing about the Betty and Barney Hill abduction case is?

Interracial relationship in the USA in the 1960!

(Sorry...just couldn´t resist)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join