It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Gazrok
As mentioned, color is an abstract concept. As for the starmap and yellow stars. Suppose my friends took a picture of their gray dog. In the picture, it'd still look green to me. Likely the same with the starmap stars...
Originally posted by Esoterica
I think you're all missing the point. It's not that color is an abstraction, it's that they should have figured it out beforehand. The fact that they could understand out langugage, and somehow trasmit it directly into our brains, but didn't take the time to translate one of the most common colors in our language? It's just silly, like aliens that land and ask for a cup of flour.
Like Gazork said I think he see a grey dog but preceives it to be Blue so in his mind he is going to call it blue as what he associated with the color that he see's.
So in the case of the alien they would just state whatever color that it appears to them, since they would not necessarily know that humans see that "color" as a different one.
Originally posted by siriuslyone
Before fractals were able to be seen on computers, they were being made by little old ladies into doilies, and used by Native Americans ingeniusly and some extremely abstract designs.
Saying this, the tiny number which is millions of prisms of color on this orb are nothing compared to the totally endless colors of the universe, illustrated by fractal's but not really ~able~ to be discerned into the numbers of volumes there really are due to lack of perceptible color matrix.
IOW, in the photographic scale, there exists 6 colors and black and white.
If we could see this planet without the sunlight, we would have magenta grass and trees and yellow skies,etc.
Blue Book Project 10073 Record Card regarding the N. Concord AFS radar sighting reads as follows:
1. Date: 19 Sept 61
2. Location: N. Concord AFS, Vermont
3. Date: Time Group-GMT 19 2122Z (September 19, 1722 Eastern Time)
4. Type of observation: Ground-Radar
5. Photos; No
6. Source: Military
7. Length of Observation: 18 min.
8. Number of objects: 1
9. Course: S
10. Brief summary of sighting: Return on H/F (height-finder) radar size of a/c (aircraft) appearing as normal target at 62,000 appeared 196 deg. at 84 mi, lost on contact 199 deg. at 80 mi, going NW then S and gradually S on scope 18 min. (The original TWX not reproduced here but on file with original Blue Book material describes the UFO sighted as "a large aircraft").
11. Comments: Relative low speed and high altitude coupled with erratic course including weather balloon.
12. Conclusion: Probably balloon.
I'd really be interested in learning if there had been any reports of other abductees mentioning Zeta Reticuli as the home system of the visitors.