It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog thingy(What the hell is this?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I got this picture in a E-mail at work and I was wondering if this is real or not. I know there are some experts on ATS who can tell if it was photoshoped or not so can someone please tell me what the hell it is.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Killak420]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Surely you know this is a computer generated photo
as neat a pic as it is....there is no way any intelligent human can't see that!?

[edit on 5/4/05 by LadyV]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yikes, I think I dated something like that back in high school
Man, I never thought I got her....erm, nevermind.

I don't think it's real, but who ever did it did a darn good job with PhotoShop or latex or whatever they used...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
as neat a pic as it is....there is no way any intelligent human can't see that!?

How can you tell? i'd say it looked more like a painted model than a computer generated photo.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

How can you tell its a computer generated photo?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess

How can you tell? i'd say it looked more like a painted model than a computer generated photo.

Nawwwww....it's an elderly woman photoshoped...check it out more closely.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think it's actually an exhibit at an art show.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
As above it looks like a painted model to me.

Look at the skin folds on the "children"

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here we go

www.cmaj.ca...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
and for the non link clickers

Another striking installation inspired by contemporary technology appeared in the Australian pavilion. Artist Patricia Piccinini drew on medical science to explore the potential of genetic engineering. Her hyper-real sculptures represent hybrid creatures and cloned children, complete with shiny silicone flesh and real human hair. Still Life with Stem Cells (2002) portrays a life-size young girl absorbed in play with corporeal lumps adorned with veins that appear to throb, as well as scars and mouth-like openings. Although viewers may find the "stem cells" repulsive, the girl responds to them affectionately. Another work, The Young Family (2002-2003), depicts a strangely human "sow" nursing her human/pig babies. One "child" with a human face and long ears lies on its back, gazing up at the face of its tired mother. Like Still Life with Stem Cells, the scene is at once domestic and disturbing, familiar and startling.

As you can see not a photoshop filter in sight

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Burgess]

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Burgess]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

As you can see not a photoshop filter in sight

Doesn't really matter either way sweetie....it's not real, as anyone could clearly see!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It is a statue, it was put on display about 6months ago. Yahoo! news covered it, not computer generated. LMAO

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

It is a statue, it was put on display about 6months ago. Yahoo! news covered it, not computer generated. LMAO

As stated above...doesn't matter either way...WTF!? Anyone should be able to tell at first glance it's not real LMAO!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Doesn't really matter either way sweetie....it's not real, as anyone could clearly see!

I agree, clearly it's not real
i just find it amusing how quickly people will assume something is computer generated.

Hence the " not a photoshop filter in sight" comment

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I agree, clearly it's not real
i just find it amusing how quickly people will assume something is computer generated.

Hence the " not a photoshop filter in sight" comment

That's because most of these things circulated through e-mails today, are indeed computer images....being an image junkie, I always find them fascinating.....is is nice to see something done so well that is not computerized!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yeah it's a great bit of art

here are some more from the same artist if you want to have a look.

www.roslynoxley9.com.au...

I don’t know if it's just me but i find the pictures of the little girl and "stem cells" a little unsettling. But then that may well have been the artist intention.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yes it fake.. but not these...

Creating 'human-animals' for research

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join