It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief Russian military history

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
why are you taking the 'French military history' thread so seriously? It was a joke.

Since they were talking about history and trying to act like they knew it well this was serious.
Apart from that, CiderGood has said that by denying the involvement of the British army at Marne I'm spitting at 1071 graves. No matter who is right, do you have any idea that by misconstruing the French military history, the people who I have argued with in the thread about the French military history have offended the memories of the armored cavaliers of Charles the Hammer, the armored cavaliers of Charles the Great, French knights who have participated in the 1st and 3rd Crusade, soldiers of Philip II, soldiers of Louis XIV, soldiers of the Revolutionary army, soldiers of Napoleon I, soldiers of Napoleon III, soldiers of the French army who fought during WWI, and soldiers of Free France?

I think the many threads you have posted since, where the humour or satire appears to have been replaced by spite, was a bit of an overreaction if I may say so.
I have posted them because posting in the "A brief French military history" thread didn't help.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think that maybe you got a bit too wound up about it as the original post was actually just a joke. I don't think you are the only one who took it seriously though and that may be where your argument really began.

BTW, where are we with this one now, do you accept British involvement at Marne as we have tried to show?

PS. I know you did a Britsh one too and I don't know if anyone pointed this out but actually some of Britains most celebrated military events were defeats so that one was a bit of a waste of time. Dunkirk, Charge of the Light Brigade, Rorkes Drift (a small victory in the wake of a huge defeat)

[edit on 25-5-2005 by waynos]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

TextFrance has a glorious military history. At least in comparison to British military history and Russian military history.

LMFAO!!!!....dude!.....you are too funny...if you love the freaking french so much why dont you move there?

i cant believe youve taken so much time to print such garbelled rubbish?

the fact that you cant even admit that your wrong is a poor show of a gentlemans qualitys.

And whilst were on the subject of the British......Take a look at the history books....youll see that our Empire was one of the greatest ever built....and were just a tiny island!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

TextFrance has a glorious military history. At least in comparison to British military history and Russian military history.

i cant believe youve taken so much time to print such garbelled rubbish?
This (the statement that France has a glorious military history) is not rubbish. I have proven that in the "A brief French military history" thread.

the fact that you cant even admit that your wrong is a poor show of a gentlemans qualitys.
No matter that I am not wrong about French military history, giving me an answer like that is not only rude but also childish.

And whilst were on the subject of the British......Take a look at the history books....

I know history well, thank you.

youll see that our Empire was one of the greatest ever built....and were just a tiny island!

But not THE greatest.
And if you were a so great empire, then why could the French defend themselves during the revolutionary wars, why could Napoleon been defeating you for around 15 years (until Prince Wellington and General Bluecher defeated him at Waterloo), why did you need the United States' to help you in two World Wars, and why did your empire collapse in a matter of about 30 years while it took more than a century to create it?

[edit on 25-5-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This mindless to'ing and fro'ing is getting crazy, France lost battles, Britain lost battles, America lost battles, Russia lost battles, Germany lost battles, no nation is undefeated woohoo...lets all dance and celebrate

had to get that out of my system...much better now thanks

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Atheix,

No matter that I am not wrong about French military history,

But what about the Battle of the Marne? You have gone strangely silent in the face of my recent questions. Are you pathologically incapable of admitting a mistake?

Oh Atheix, please give it up now; first you post this;

Originally posted by AtheiX
I know history well, thank you.

And then follow it immediately with this!

And if you were a so great empire, then why could the French defend themselves during the revolutionary wars, why could Napoleon been defeating you for around 15 years (until Prince Wellington and General Bluecher defeated him at Waterloo), why did you need the United States' to help you in two World Wars, and why did your empire collapse in a matter of about 30 years while it took more than a century to create it?

And we are supposed to take you seriously

You treat military history as if it was a football match, totting up the scores to come up with a winner, whe if you REALLY understood history you would know just how complex it is and how totally brain dead that last analysis you posted really was. How old are you, 12?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

And we are supposed to take you seriously

This has been posted because optimus fett said that Great Britain was a one of the greatest empires. I asked him how can he think that when actually that empire has had a lot of problems and has collapsed in a matter of about 30 years while it take more than a century to creat it.

You treat military history as if it was a football match, totting up the scores to come up with a winner,
No I'm not. I am only presenting facts to remind people that France is not the only country that was defeated at war. I haven't counted scores.

whe if you REALLY understood history you would know just how totally brain dead that last analysis you posted really was.

Giving me an answer like that is rude and childish.

Stop behaving like an angry child or I will be forced to treat you like one.

How old are you, 12?
I'm 17.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

TextThis has been posted because optimus fett said that Great Britain was a one of the greatest empires. I asked him how can he think that when actually that empire has had a lot of problems and has collapsed in a matter of about 30 years while it take more than a century to creat it.

it didnt collapse....we decided that it was becoming too expensive to staff offices in far flug corners of the world and simply closed it down.

the Portuguese.....now theres an empire that collapsed.....and that was bigger than ours...they just werent as good as managing it.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
But thats just it Atheix, you talked of Prince Wellington when no such person existed and asked about the collapse of the Empire when, if you understand history like you claim to do, you would know how the Britain withdrew from its empire, handing independance back to iots colonies over many years following the end of world war two, in many cases as reward for the loyalty shown by these same colonies during that war. Thats hardly a collapse and ignores the fact that the majority of the old empire countries chose to remain closely tied to Britain as voluntary members of the Commonwealth, formerly known as the British Commonwealth. You are excposing your own ignorance of the subject every time you post.

And as you for showing that France is not the only country to be defeated, NOBODY ELSE HAS SAID IT WAS! sorry for the caps but you seem to be making up your own arguments.

Also how was my denouncing of your post silly or childish, I merely spoke the truth, I said that the point you posted was brain dead. Not that you yourself are, so I don't know where you get the 'angry child' bit as I am actually neither. You strike me as a very dour young man (and apologies if this is untrue) but it strikes me you need to learn how to lighten up a little. First you took the joke post about France seriously and now you ignore the smilies I put in to show you when I'm having you on a little but it all goes right over your head.

And finally, keep ignoring the direct questions hey, especially if they are too hard.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Let's keep this simple...
AtheiX, do you admit that the British Army involved in the battle of the Marne? That's all I want to know.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Textdo you admit that the British Army involved in the battle of the Marne? That's all I want to know.

yeah...thats all i want to know as well?.......do you have the strength of charachter to admit that your wrong......going off last nights 'chat' i dont think you have?......which is sad from your point of view because it shows a basic lack of social skills and is in direct contradiction with the motto of the site....'deny ignorance'

no ones disputing ALL the things you have said...just one or two points......you actually seem like a reasonably intelligent guy....so......whats it going to be?.......an admition of in-correct posting of facts or a continued show of childish, in -compitent, denial to admit ones mistakes?

your choice.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
[edit on 26-5-2005 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
^^ Hmmm, now I'm curious what that said before you changed your mind

Hasn't it gone quiet?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

^^ Hmmm, now I'm curious what that said before you changed your mind

Hasn't it gone quiet?

Tried to edit the last post for drunken grammar and ended up quoting it...silly me. Yes, it has gone quiet, I think he's realised the error of his ways and done the sensible thing.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

a continued show of childish, in -compitent, denial to admit ones mistakes?

The people who are behaving in a childish way are you and waynos, not me. All you can do is saying "admit that you're wrong" and "you fool". Giving me an answer like that is not only rude but also childish. I don't want to ask how old are you, because that shouldn't matter at all. But if you keep behaving like an angry child, I will be forced to treat you like one.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You're not fooling anyone y'know. Far from acting 'childish' or 'angry' as you seem to imagine, I have in fact posted evidence and asked you direct questions, all of which you simply ignore and act all offended at some imaginary slight. All of my posts have been reasoned and to the point (as is this one) so please refrain from playing games.

This is really becoming quite tedious now so I will post for one last time;

Do you believe that the link and the map both false (and if so why) or do you accept that you were wrong about France fighting the battle of the Marne alone.

You have also ignored my point about Britains gradual withdrawal from the Empire and its replacement by the commonwealth as opposed to your mistakenly held belief that it collapsed. This is where I think people get angry with you Atheix because you accuse others of refusing to admit they are wrong when this is exactly what you yourself are doing.

And it was me, not optimus who asked your age, the reason for this was simply because when faced with an apparently undeniable truth which goes against your own belief you seem to react in the manner of a petulant child, as you have above ,whilst once again ignoring the genuine points made in our posts. Now be very clear about this, I am not insulting you or reacting in an angry manner but am merely making a reasoned observation based upon your answers to the posts of myself and others so please do not fall back on the old 'angry child' response again as it getting tired. Instead please try to answer the questions eh? There's a good chap.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by waynos]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
AtheiX, do you admit that the British Army was involved in the battle of the Marne? That's all I want to know.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
*silence*

I think thats as close as you will get to a 'yes, I was wrong' as otherwise, I think, he would be here shooting his gob off again.

<< 1  2   >>

join