It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Bomber Kills Fifty Kurds (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
At least fifty have died and dozens have been injured in a suicide bombing in the Kurdish city of Irbil in north Iraq. The bombing took place at a busy police recruitment centre. The bomber posed as a volunteer and stood in the crowd of men before detonating his explosives.

news.bbc.co.uk
It was the bloodiest single attack in the region since the war, and follows an escalation in violence across Iraq.

It came less than 24 hours after a new but incomplete government was sworn in.

Members of Iraq's police force and police volunteers are frequently targeted by insurgents, who view them as collaborators with US-led forces.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yet another bloody day disrupts the rebuilding of Iraq.The people carrying out these attacks are nothing but evil murderers and will never be heard as long as they keep up these horrendous attacks on Iraqi civilians.

Does life and freedom mean nothing to these people?

[edit on 4/5/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And I would like to see it covered here.

It would be nice if there were some additional links to related ATS content and / or related news stories.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Someone already beat ya to this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
scariest thing about this is thinking how it is going to affect police recruitment. I pray that the Iraqis don't just give up.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by andpau66]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't believe that the Iraqis will give this up easily.

Surely by now they can see that if they lose this fight, the sort of people who are blowing them up with car bombs today will be the ones in control of the government tomorrow.

The first time we went over there to take on Saddam, we promised assistance to those who rebelled against his oppressive regime and helped us. When we backed off, we left these men stranded to choose between facing retaliation or leaving their homeland.

I believe that the memory of this circumstance and fear of repetition led some Iraqis to be conflicted about what to do in the current situation....at first. Perhaps now that they have tasted democracy and begun to form their own government and military they can see a light at the end of the tunnel....a promise of hope for a better future.

I doubt that the spirit of freedom that has begun to bloom in the hearts of these people will be easily suppressed by these terrorist tactics.

[edit on 4/5/05 by Roadscholar]

new topics

top topics

join